News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Kingtut

Not even with paying for valet parking??? ETA: The official DisneyWorld parking web page still says:
Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.
You shouldn't believe everything you read on the web

RobbinsDad

Re: How Great the Swolphin Is...

The Swolphin has been steadily increasing their rates over the past few years and making their points count less and less. They seem to be trying to normalize their rates compared to BoardWalk and Y&B. Just a FYI.
Swolphin does include regular discounts for specific groups (AAA, government, etc.) seen at other Marriott resorts, including a teacher's discounted rate. I've priced it a couple of times and it's usually about 15% off.

*Edited* My bad, it's Starwood not Marriott.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Uhh the parking rates are gone from the Disney Website... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/
You know what else is missing from that page? Free theme park parking for resort guests!!!

"Theme Parks
Guests pay one fee for a parking pass good all day at all 4 theme parks—Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. Our special preferred parking lots are located conveniently close to the theme park entrances.
  • Preferred parking: car or motorcycle – $45 per day
  • Standard parking: car or motorcycle – $22 per day
  • Oversized Vehicle Parking: Shuttle, Limo, Camper Trailer, RV, Bus or Tractor Trailer - $27 per day

Passholder Parking Standard self-parking is complimentary for Annual Passholders, Premium Passholders and Disney Premier Passport holders.

Electric Vehicle Charging Stations For your convenience, a number of ChargePoint charging stations are now available in parking lots at Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom park and Disney Springs. Arriving Guests may ask a Cast Member for directions to these charge ports, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

• Epcot: 4 stations at the front of the Journey Parking Lot
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park: 4 stations in the Medical Parking Lot
  • Disney Springs: 6 stations: 3 on the 5th floor of the Orange Garage and 3 on the 5th floor of the Lime Garage

To use this service, you will need a credit card or a pre-ordered ChargePoint card—available at chargepoint.com. The cost to charge at these stations is $0.35 per kilowatt hour, with a minimum service amount of $1.50. Charging will stop once the vehicle’s battery is fully charged. ChargePoint will “ping” the owners to alert them when their car is ready."

Last edited:

Brad Bishop

Just looked at it. There are a few hapless defenders naturally but this is resulting in more general public backlash than I expected. Loving it.

If someone is going to defend resort fees then if they start charging a mandatory transportation fee of, say, $20/day then you really can't complain about that, either. It'd be the same thing from the Pixie Dusters:
- Disney is a business!
- The buses cost money to run!
- They'll use this money to improve transportation across the resort! (show me how the increases have improved the Monorails would be my retort)
- The driver's need to get paid!

As someone else noted about the Swan and Dolphin: I, too, was tricked twice long ago (the 2nd time was because I had forgotten their practice) and it'd kind of crappy to go and think you're getting a room for $150/night (plus ridiculous FL taxes which is a whole other conversation) but end up paying $20/day to park your car and another $25/day for "resort fees" to cover stuff you're not using (weight room, pool, etc) So, your $150 good deal is squashed by nonsense fees.

I remembered the 2nd time and never went back.

Again, I get a parking fee in a crowded metropolitan area where land is scarce as well as parking spaces. I don't get it at WDW where land is plentiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom