News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

George

Liker of Things
Looking at the comments on Disneys FB and Twitter and it’s remarkable the negative reaction. I’ve never seen an increase react so poorly on social media for Disney.
I agree. I even go take a peek at disboards when something like this occurs. Uniformly negative. I can’t wait to see the reaction if they are trying to get rid of the free resort theme park parking amenity now. The parking shell game is on!

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

I agree. I even go take a peak at disboards when something like this occurs. Uniformly negative. I can’t wait to see the reaction if they are trying to get rid of the free resort theme park parking amenity now. The parking shell game is on!
And I believe the local news stations should be picking up on this, I've already contacted them too. :)

seascape

I see this on the parking page

"A variety of parking options are available at Walt Disney World Resort, including preferred or standard parking at the theme parks and complimentary self-parking at Disney Springs, the water parks and all Resort hotels (for registered Guests). All parking fees include applicable tax. "
The parking fee is for anyone making reserations starting March 21, 2018. Therefore the above statement is correct and will be changed on the 21st. This is a good reason to make your reservations now.

Brad Bishop

The issue with the values is that they have become equivalent to a themed super 8.

I don't know that they're that bad. I'd probably put them more in the category of "Themed Red Roof Inn". I haven't been in one in probably 5+ years and, at that time, I had a bigger problem with the other guests than the room itself. They were nice-enough rooms with some mild theming inside (Mickey sheets, etc.) but my overall problem was:
- they're a carbon-copy motor lodge from the 1970s, effectively (the building design is incredibly basic)
- The teenagers ran around at all hours of the night/morning. I get that the MK closes late, it's a "value" resort, and teenagers tend to be loud. I shouldn't be hearing you run up and down the breezeways at 3 and 4 AM, though. I found it to be a common occurrence. Enough to where I just gave up on the values - that plus it felt like staying in a motor lodge (think Howard Johnson's) from the 1970s... but with some theming.

21stamps

I don't know that they're that bad. I'd probably put them more in the category of "Themed Red Roof Inn". I haven't been in one in probably 5+ years and, at that time, I had a bigger problem with the other guests than the room itself. They were nice-enough rooms with some mild theming inside (Mickey sheets, etc.) but my overall problem was:
- they're a carbon-copy motor lodge from the 1970s, effectively (the building design is incredibly basic)
- The teenagers ran around at all hours of the night/morning. I get that the MK closes late, it's a "value" resort, and teenagers tend to be loud. I shouldn't be hearing you run up and down the breezeways at 3 and 4 AM, though. I found it to be a common occurrence. Enough to where I just gave up on the values - that plus it felt like staying in a motor lodge (think Howard Johnson's) from the 1970s... but with some theming.

Here’s my take on my first and only time in a value-
Check In - long wait.
Concierge- must wait in check in line, which makes concierge useless to me.
Quick Service- Once was ENOUGH. Too many people, way too loud.
Coffee- No coffee makers?!? Ok, I’ll go back to the qs- see qs crowd- NOPE.
Bus Stop- Where did all of these people come from? NOPE.
Room- fine for a night and a half of sleep.
Pool- No comment, never saw it.
Sports Field- this was neat. kiddo would have loved to play on it, but we only had a time for 1 quick photo.. no play time.

All in all, good enough for what is was needed for.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I see this on the parking page

"A variety of parking options are available at Walt Disney World Resort, including preferred or standard parking at the theme parks and complimentary self-parking at Disney Springs, the water parks and all Resort hotels (for registered Guests). All parking fees include applicable tax. "
That's the old language...but it would be shocking for them to say "nevermind" and reverse it that quickly after it hit the wire...

They wouldn't just "float"
It for a day

Now we know...they grandfathered it in till 3/21?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom