News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

HauntedMansionFLA

Most hotels do charge for parking. As I said earlier, the difference here is that the overnight guests are the only ones being charged.

Oh well. It is what it is. If this pushes more people to stay offsite then maybe that’s the silver lining.
Disney is betting on that this will pass after two weeks. People have a small attention span and they will be on to the next crisis. Just think of all the things people are outraged about and now you don’t hear a word. They raise ticket once or twice a year and the parks are packed. Pay for fast passes are next

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Re: How Great the Swolphin Is...

The Swolphin has been steadily increasing their rates over the past few years and making their points count less and less. They seem to be trying to normalize their rates compared to BoardWalk and Y&B. Just a FYI.

Mainahman

Well they piloted the no mousekeeping, and we all jumped. I tried it out to have the extra 60 bucks this last trip for an extra sit down meal we booked. If that continues by next trip, ill have to do that to help pay for those parking fees...

21stamps

Disney is betting on that this will pass after two weeks. People have a small attention span and they will be on to the next crisis. Just think of all the things people are outraged about and now you don’t hear a word. They raise ticket once or twice a year and the parks are packed. Pay for fast passes are next

I can’t see a paid fastpass system coming.. but I also didn’t see an overnight parking fee coming.. so who knows at this point.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yep, that one resort doesn't.

But let's be realistic, in the immediate surrounding area around the parks, most do. All the Hilton/Doubletree/, etc around Disney Springs do and have been for quite some time. Dolphin and Swan have been for years. We all knew this would happen at some point.

Like I mentioned earlier, you always have the option to stay at a Motel 6/Budget Inn for 59 bucks and free parking (and heck i did that the first few times I traveled to the World). If you are staying at a $450 a night hotel and can't afford the extra $24 a night, well then I don't think you should be staying there in the first place, which is why I don't.
Hotel Breakers, Cedar Point, also doesn't charge their guests to park there.

Mainahman

For some people, the road trip is part of their vacation.
Sure is!

We made the last trip that way. We drove there through the night, and spent good family time being silly and not using screens to keep eachother awake.

On the way back, we stopped in Pensacola.

We are avid fish keepers of Saltwater Reefs, and Freshwater, and there is a Guy in Pensacola that I buy stuff from, and i needed a few things, so i chose to visit his Retail store on the way home. it was an hour out of my way on the drive home. this made it a 2 stage vacation, and didnt use any more time than i would of spent in an airport or a Giant Germ tube on a screen.

mikejs78

Premium Member
There's really no excuse to tiering...because they can't justify it for any reason other than: we're gonna price it based on what we think is "means"

Now...the deluxe parking lots tend to be smaller...so i can a flimsy excuse there...but the moderates are "motor lodges"...none there.

The tiered pricing never really made any sense...but you have to say something and nobody does.

It's all that MAGIC
Don't you know? The Deluxe resort asphalt is premium asphalt!

21stamps

Hotel Breakers, Cedar Point, also doesn't charge their guests to park there.

No, they don’t. But Cedar Point recently raised their prices again.. I just booked a stay at Hotel Breakers for June.. and 6 fast lane plus passes for 3 days. (Edit-6 total) My payment looks like a Disney payment.lol..and we have platinum passes, so I didn’t have to pay for general admission.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm just going to leave this here.....
26g0p9.jpg

mikejs78

Premium Member
So I have pondered this since it was announced and did a realistic comparison for a trip memorial day weekend. AP Holder with TIW. 3 Adults
Riverside 297
AKL 516
All Star 171
BDW Inn 451
Poly 590

I took a cross section using their best offer for a double standard, no special views. Keep in mind this is Without the Parking fee and I have stayed at all of these at one time or another

Now lets look at Springs resorts:
B Resort- 147 + 27 Resort Fee+22 Parking Fee: Double with Disney View Total 196
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: 150/ Night plus 25 resort fee plus 15 Parking Double with Lake View Total 190
Best Western 104 Plus 14 Resort Fee plus 8 Parking Fee Double with lake view Total 126
Hilton Buena Vista Palace 208 Plus 30 Resort Fee Plus 10 Parking Double with Lake View 248
All of these I can get EMH if need be, shuttles to and from parks or with an AP I dont pay for parking anyway.

Other Hotels of note
Bonnet Creek Wyndham All Fees total 240/ Night two bedroom suite
Hilton Bonnet Creek 165 plus 35 Resort Fee plus 27 Parking fee Double pool view suite Total 227
Courtyard Marriot 145/Night with fees plus free breakfast Double
Gaylord Palms 175/Night all fees included Double tower plus food discount and free breakfast
Marriot Cypress Harbor 165/Night all fees Double tower room
Various HGVC Resorts Checked 3 of them and they range from 150-210/ night for a 2 bedroom suite all fees included

And then the budget resorts off property that for a short one or two night stay:
Baymont 75/ Night with fees Double
Red Lion 60/Night with fees double
BarefootNResort 108/Night With fees 2 bedroom suite
Legacy Golf Resort 125/Night with fees 2 bedroom suite

So realistically, What is going to make me want to stay on site with even more fees being added? The "value" resorts are trash and cost as much or close to resorts which are much better off site. Some even have EMH( SPrings hotels). I get better service, better rooms, and better perks because I can generally get upgrades, free drinks, etc. And IM not dumb enough to think this matters to Disney at all, but, more and more people who drive and have APs will find their way off property. If you go with a large group you can rent a 5 bedroom house for less than 300/ Night. They are going to do this regardless and the people who just go once or twice a year or every couple of years will pay these fees happily ( Resort fee will be next, the a WiFi Fee, etc) because they dont have much of a choice and believe they have to stay on property to get the "experience". For people like me, staying on property will happen when the AP discount ( when there are rooms) is decent or they drop their rates to be competitive, or sometimes a special occasion. But, in those cases, Ill leave my car at my brothers who lives 5 minutes from property and just uber to the resort.
I would say with these fees there's no advantage to the value or moderate resorts anymore. The Deluxes still have proximity to MK or Epcot (walking distance to Epcot is kind of a nice feature for me) or really unique theming like AK Lodge. Otherwise, the Disney Springs resorts seem like the ideal to get 60-day FP+ and EMH.

nicb88

I'm just going to leave this here.....
26g0p9.jpg
Disneyland is a much smaller resort which is entirely walkable. It’s within walking distance of other attractions and stores in Anaheim. Furthermore, their resort is tight on space so parking is at a premium, i.e. their paid parking is to lessen the burden on the lots.

WDW has no issue on space. And transport is required to get from A to B, whether that is Disney transport or your own car. And to visit anything outside the Disney property, you also need a car.

drizgirl

Disneyland is a much smaller resort which is entirely walkable. It’s within walking distance of other attractions and stores in Anaheim. Furthermore, their resort is tight on space so parking is at a premium, i.e. their paid parking is to lessen the burden on the lots.

WDW has no issue on space. And transport is required to get from A to B, whether that is Disney transport or your own car. And to visit anything outside the Disney property, you also need a car.
Exactly. I expect parking fees in areas where parking space is at a premium. But the whole point of WDW was to have the "blessing of size".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom