News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
How are they gonna distinguish between a day resort guest who may not have a band and those who are there? No law requiring every person to ever set foot on property to have a magic band. If they aren't charging for day resort guests then just say you are there to shop, or eat at CS or something.
They can bounce the registration data on the plate against their current Resort Guest rosters.

21stamps

I've never whined about paying to stay at WDW, been doing Beach Club last couple trips, so we like to spend ridiculous amounts of money...lol.

Now this is hard for me.... I never thought I'd feel this way....

But this is too much, the greed going on down there in the last few years is increasingly noticeable. I always rent a car or bring my own. Haven't been on a disney bus in probably 10 years, and I like it that way.

Just a vent, give me the.... "if you don't like it, don't go..." replies, I'm ready!

Which is my plan, they lost me at "daily resort parking fee."

FYI, I'm not a troll...

Is it really though? Or are you just speaking in anger?

I keep reading similar posts.. and I just have to wonder if people are speaking truthfully.

I don’t like the parking fee, but I’m not going to kid myself and say “That’s it! I’m staying offsite!!” If you love a resort, in your case- Beach Club.. would you really move offsite over $20ish per day?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'd wager the largest volume of people staying at the poly/etc are not leaving WDW every day for meals, etc. Are people making grocery runs, etc.. yes. Are people visiting non-WDW... sure. But that kind of traffic isn't the ones leading to mass congestion... or the need to get people off the roads. Where I bet the number of people are using their cars is to avoid being on the buses/etc is far more.. and much more of an impact -- their travel patterns would be a lot more similar with other people on property, etc.
The National Park Service figured out how to do it at the Grand Canyon... park everybody on the fringes and bus them to the major sites. And then charge them for the "privilege."

threvester

Resort occupancy is so high right now that Disney will have no trouble filling your room with someone who is either willing to pay the fee of doesn't have a car in the first place. That's why they don't really care if this turns some people off. There are enough people who want to go but can't because of capacity issues.
30 years of trips as an adult and I have never had any issue getting a hotel room...even during free dining. They cant be that full

flynnibus

Premium Member
You're adding two entire days of travel. For two people making $50,000 each, you're using the equivalent of $800 worth of vacation time to pay for your two extra days of travel.

Bzzt... unless somehow flying is now teleportation? They are within 1 day's drive of Disney. That's one travel day on each end.. and even BEST case flying, you still need a half day to fly to Disney. Flying 2hrs really means more like 6hrs to get through airport and to Disney. So maybe you get a half day at Disney (while paying full price for tickets and hotel) on arrival.. and playing by Disney DME rules you'd be lucky to get a few hours out of departure day (again paying full price).

Traveling and vacationing on the same day is at best a 50/50 split (while paying full price).

Mainahman

Just curious, which ride did you miss out on?
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, I wasnt interested in a 3 hour line. I can do a 45 as we get a popcorn bucket to pass the time as a family. but im a single rider on coasters at Disney, and theres no single rider line. I did everything else i wanted to do. We also skipped Flights of passage as it would of cause people in our party to be sick the rest of the trip, and thats not worth it to me. I road all other mountains and big E tickets. We got day of or night before fast passes, or dodged lines around parades etc. We HATE HATE HATE over planning our vacation.

jakeman

I guess I am used to paying for parking at the Swan and Dolphin for years, so this isn't anything shocking. I'd recommend staying at the S&D for the folks who haven't already or have their #1 priority as location. I find them to be great values for the most part (sometimes conventions can jack up the prices). We are going Labor Day, the Dolphin's rate is $162, when you factor all fees (including parking) its roughly $245. To me that is a value compared to the area Resorts (Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk) which will cost you well over $350 to $450 a night.
Dude...shut up...:cautious:;)

The best kept Disney secret is the Swolphin and I'd like to keep it that way.

/raises voice

This man is crazy. The Swolphin is awful and has had parking fees and resort fees for years and everyone should stay away from them because they are not convenient, walking distance from both Epcot and DHS, and routinely with fees priced at or below a moderate.

Thank you for your time. Please continue to book Disney resorts.

Mainahman

Bzzt... unless somehow flying is now teleportation? They are within 1 day's drive of Disney. That's one travel day on each end.. and even BEST case flying, you still need a half day to fly to Disney. Flying 2hrs really means more like 6hrs to get through airport and to Disney. So maybe you get a half day at Disney (while paying full price for tickets and hotel) on arrival.. and playing by Disney DME rules you'd be lucky to get a few hours out of departure day (again paying full price).

Traveling and vacationing on the same day is at best a 50/50 split (while paying full price).
Amen!

I have a 11 hour drive.

If i fly out of nashville or huntsville its an hour drive there.

Then the early for TSA screens.

Count on a layover of a hour to 2 to get it a reasonable price.

your at close to 8 hours right there, then theres the wait for DME, Load time, and trip to the resort.

your close to the same amount of time at that point for us, and driving i can control alot more, and take back anything i want, and bring my own liquids without being frisked 300 times.

21stamps

30 years of trips as an adult and I have never had any issue getting a hotel room...even during free dining. They cant be that full
My last 3 trips-

2015- 7 nights at Poly, tried to add 2 more while there- no availability. Had to switch to another resort.

2016- No availability at Poly. No availability for 9 consecutive nights at GF. AKL, YC, and BC not available. Did 6 nights GF split with 3 nights WL- had to get a bunk bed room at WL because it was the only room left. (We are a party of 2)

2017- CSR, POR, AS S were my only choices. The first two didn’t have preferred rooms available. Booked POR. Changed mind upon arrival and the massive size of POR..switched to a preferred room at Sports. Surprisingly, Poly actually did come available that day, but I didn’t want to pay it with a 9:30pm arrival and full day of 3 parks the next day.

To be fair- I don’t count SSR as a consideration, so not sure if that one had availability.. but yeah, resorts have been full every time I try to book the past few years

DanielleOG

Maybe i'm wrong, but i still see the advantage of staying on property. At an offsite hotel you often have to pay a resort fee of some kind, or for parking, or both PLUS parking at all the theme parks. Disney is only charging for the parking at the resorts. I still think its bad they've decided to do this because obviously free parking is better.

As for the busses being more crowded, they are also implementing the gondola system which i'm sure will help alleviate some of the crowds.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Is it really though? Or are you just speaking in anger?

I keep reading similar posts.. and I just have to wonder if people are speaking truthfully.

I don’t like the parking fee, but I’m not going to kid myself and say “That’s it! I’m staying offsite!!” If you love a resort, in your case- Beach Club.. would you really move offsite over $20ish per day?
Not that I expect you to understand, but it's not the $24 a day. It's the principle of the thing. FWIW....You have made your point in this thread. You can stop now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Parking fees for those staying at the resorts IMO won't do anything to reduce the number of cas parking at the parks. I wouuld guess most people who drive and stay on site park their cars and use on site transportation to the parks not their cars.
We bus/boat/monorail to the MK only, and drive to the other parks. Usually. Unless we're staying in the Epcot area, then we walk to Epcot and DHS, bus to MK, and drive to AK.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
True. But i'm not a fan of how the parks are run since 2010 or so as such Disney is not getting any money from me any longer where in the past they got 5 figures annually for a very long time.
I get it, that's really the best way for any kind of change. Unfortunately, for as many people like yourself who like to vote with their wallet, there 100 more willing to book a vacation.

21stamps

Not that I expect you to understand, but it's not the $24 a day. It's the principle of the thing. FWIW....You have made your point in this thread. You can stop now.

If it was truly the principle of the thing, then I would think someone wouldn’t go at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom