WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

DCBaker

Premium Member
Sorry as I have not been paying close attention over the last 18 months. Are there WDW resorts that are either completely shutdown, or have some buildings within a resort closed down?

Here are the remaining resorts with dates to reopen -

August 26, 2021Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 26, 2021Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
September 16, 2021Disney's All-Star Music Resort
October 14, 2021Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
October 28, 2021Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
December 9, 2021Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

TTA94

Are all rooms at each resort are open? Hopefully not and more will open up soon. Very slim pickings right now for the end of the year.

COProgressFan

Are all rooms at each resort are open? Hopefully not and more will open up soon. Very slim pickings right now for the end of the year.

I'd wager they aren't. BoardWalk Inn had a ton of empty rooms at the end of July despite appearing as sold out online.

While resorts may be reopening, it still does not appear they are opening up all rooms/buildings for booking right now.

We were considering a few days in early-mid November, and most of the days show absolutely zero availability (or something crazy $$ like a 2BR DVC suite at the Grand) at any on-property Disney resort. This is even for mid-week days.

Clearly they have staffing and/or cost concerns about doing so. They are definitely (at this point, anyway) continuing to let unoccupied rooms sit empty.

po1998

Here are the remaining resorts with dates to reopen -

August 26, 2021Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 26, 2021Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
September 16, 2021Disney's All-Star Music Resort
October 14, 2021Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
October 28, 2021Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
December 9, 2021Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Wow. I am out of the loop. I had no idea this many resorts were out of commission...and yet I see periodic reports of overcrowded parks. 😱

scheat

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/21/01/FF7A22DE-7E27-4AC3-B6D4-0311959F300C/IMG_1078.HEIC

Seeing rumors all star music opening my be pushed back.

Figments Friend

Interested to hear more about people booked at the All Stars getting moved / 'upgraded' to other Resorts.
Anyone have more insight into this?

I'm booked at All Star Movies at the end of Sept through early October.
Is it only All Star Music that people are reporting the room juggling?

-

UNCgolf

Interested to hear more about people booked at the All Stars getting moved / 'upgraded' to other Resorts.

-

I think All-Star Movies was already open, so probably no reason to move anyone from there.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No

-
Saw in a Facebook post from clickbait that Music wasn’t opening until December. I called this evening and was told by the CM that the resort was opening as scheduled and I’m good for my trip in November.

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Saw in a Facebook post from clickbait that Music wasn’t opening until December. I called this evening and was told by the CM that the resort was opening as scheduled and I’m good for my trip in November.
I have a friend that kept seeing the reports of people getting moved from ASMu and she called and they told her the same thing but then she got a call an hour later and she was moved to CBR.

Parker in NYC

Do you think cancellations could also delay the roll-out of Genie...? 🤔
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom