WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

dreday3

So any clue why people with later October trips would be getting upgrade offers from Coronado Springs? Someone was offered an upgrade to a Contemporary Garden View (which I wouldn't exactly call an upgrade from Gran Destino, but I digress...)

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
So any clue why people with later October trips would be getting upgrade offers from Coronado Springs? Someone was offered an upgrade to a Contemporary Garden View (which I wouldn't exactly call an upgrade from Gran Destino, but I digress...)
Staffing shortages. Even if some resorts open on time it will not be all rooms.

GimpYancIent

Some one at Disney resorts is thinking. Hey! Can not fully book the higher priced resorts so comp people booking at the lower priced resorts w "upgrades" to the higher priced resorts. A - artificially lowering prices w/o lowering prices. B - the guests will feel special and feel they received a touch of "Magic". C - allow more people to book the lower priced resorts because more rooms will be available. D - give the appearance guests actually feel good booking the higher priced resorts rather than other accommodations.

CaptainAmerica

Some one at Disney resorts is thinking. Hey! Can not fully book the higher priced resorts so comp people booking at the lower priced resorts w "upgrades" to the higher priced resorts. A - artificially lowering prices w/o lowering prices. B - the guests will feel special and feel they received a touch of "Magic". C - allow more people to book the lower priced resorts because more rooms will be available. D - give the appearance guests actually feel good booking the higher priced resorts rather than other accommodations.
Yeah none of that is correct.

dreday3

So far it's only been the one report for CSR, so maybe it's just a one-off.

I'm invested because we are booked at Gran Destino in October and I certainly don't want to be moved to a CR Garden Wing! 😂

Touchdown

The Garden Wing is my least favorite of anywhere and I hate the pool area at CR.

I think Gran Destino looks super nice and the entire CSR resort looks gorgeous and I am looking forward to trying it. :)
Walking distance to MK, Monorail to Epcot. For 2/3rds the price of other monorail resorts. Totally worth the extra 5 min walk, and we’ll worth an upgrade from Coronado.

dreday3

Walking distance to MK, Monorail to Epcot. For 2/3rds the price of other monorail resorts. Totally worth the extra 5 min walk, and we’ll worth an upgrade from Coronado.

Well worth it for you, not for me.
In fact, I wouldn't take an upgrade from Gran Destino to any part of the Magic Kingdom Resort area. Stayed again at Poly recently and it's just not my favorite area anymore.

Now Epcot Resort area is a different story...Yacht Club water view please...

flutas

Well worth it for you, not for me.
In fact, I wouldn't take an upgrade from Gran Destino to any part of the Magic Kingdom Resort area. Stayed again at Poly recently and it's just not my favorite area anymore.

Now Epcot Resort area is a different story...Yacht Club water view please...

Hopefully CSR isn't as bad as when I went earlier this year. Busses regularly took 40-60 minutes breaks.

note2001

Here are the remaining resorts with dates to reopen -

August 26, 2021Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 26, 2021Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
September 16, 2021Disney's All-Star Music Resort
October 14, 2021Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
October 28, 2021Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
December 9, 2021Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Curious where you got this list from. The villas should not have been listed.

Figments Friend

With the talk of some Guests cancelling their October stays / trips for various reasons ( Covid spike in FL being one ) , is it possible one of the reasons for the 'upgrades' happening for some is to entice them to stay and not cancel?

If I was thinking of cancelling a trip/ stay at a Resort, I might be less inclined to if I was suddenly offered a 'sweeter deal' ...as in, a nicer place to stay.
Hearing these stories of folks getting 'upgraded' from a Value Resort to a Deluxe made the thought cross my mind.

-

arich35

With the talk of some Guests cancelling their October stays / trips for various reasons ( Covid spike in FL being one ) , is it possible one of the reasons for the 'upgrades' happening for some is to entice them to stay and not cancel?

If I was thinking of cancelling a trip/ stay at a Resort, I might be less inclined to if I was suddenly offered a 'sweeter deal' ...as in, a nicer place to stay.
Hearing these stories of folks getting 'upgraded' from a Value Resort to a Deluxe made the thought cross my mind.

-
Also helps get more people in the park for extra magic hours

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom