WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

PREMiERdrum

Yeah, they're just saying they hope to not have to take reservations 'later this year'. Not that they are going to add park hopping to the reservation system.

This is not at all what was discussed during our session (Friday 2pm with BDM Bruce L.):

Both the slides and the script reinforced that they hope to resume park hopping later this year.
The slides and the script also stated that the park reservation system and mask requirement are currently set to go through September 26th of 2021, but that they hoped conditions improve enough for restrictions to start easing prior to that date.

They never said (or intimated) that the park reservation system could be abandoned later this year, but they did specify that they hope to resume park hopping later this year.

Mainahman

Are they actually limiting resort capacity? I wonder how that's being calculated? @marni1971 or @Magic Feather do you have any insight.

FWIW, I'm hoping to get a breakfast reservation at Topolino's. We've decided that even if we get the opportunity to buy tickets, we're going to do at most one day at Epcot and enjoy the rest of our week at Riviera.
Yea i wondered that too. Were used to the " rat crace" at pop with people everywhere. I know that Kidani is smaller in that sense, so im hoping it will feel much less crowded, and maybe the pool will be more enjoyable.

Supposedly they're limiting hotel capacity, would love to know at what. Resorts from what I've seen on youtube are empty. But will it stay that way? Disney Springs looked fairly busier than I'd like it to be on Monday but yesterday looked pretty dead.

Universal parks remain pretty dead too except on weekends.
Im hoping this becomes the case. We have park tickets our week Monday through friday. We arrive resort only on sunday, and leave that next saturday. id be ok with lower attendance through the week!

Kman101

Yea i wondered that too. Were used to the " rat crace" at pop with people everywhere. I know that Kidani is smaller in that sense, so im hoping it will feel much less crowded, and maybe the pool will be more enjoyable.

Im hoping this becomes the case. We have park tickets our week Monday through friday. We arrive resort only on sunday, and leave that next saturday. id be ok with lower attendance through the week!

Me too. I know it's bad for them but I'm really excited for low crowds personally. I was getting very tired of the constant wall to wall people literally anytime of the year. You know it's a problem when The Bob's mention crowding. I bet Disney wanted to go the reservation route anyway and this just forced their hand early. Something had to change.

But I wonder how it will be if they just let anyone park at Springs and continue to go to the resorts without checking at the resort if they're staying there. I mean, I love seeing the resorts, but now isn't the time to just go and hang out (cough vloggers cough)

Mainahman

Me too. I know it's bad for them but I'm really excited for low crowds personally. I was getting very tired of the constant wall to wall people literally anytime of the year. You know it's a problem when The Bob's mention crowding. I bet Disney wanted to go the reservation route anyway and this just forced their hand early. Something had to change.

But I wonder how it will be if they just let anyone park at Springs and continue to go to the resorts without checking at the resort if they're staying there. I mean, I love seeing the resorts, but now isn't the time to just go and hang out (cough vloggers cough)
Im hoping by the time august rolls in, that Vloggers have been contained, and or good with their footage for a while. Im looking most forward to walking down mainstreet, without being manhandled and sucked down by a wall of people, or taking my time in the Oasis at AK.

Kamikaze

This is not at all what was discussed during our session (Friday 2pm with BDM Bruce L.):

Both the slides and the script reinforced that they hope to resume park hopping later this year.
The slides and the script also stated that the park reservation system and mask requirement are currently set to go through September 26th of 2021, but that they hoped conditions improve enough for restrictions to start easing prior to that date.

They never said (or intimated) that the park reservation system could be abandoned later this year, but they did specify that they hope to resume park hopping later this year.

You do know that they say things that they know aren't going to happen, right? For another example: the Wine and Dine race weekend is still planned and if you inquire they will tell you its on. In reality, its already cancelled.

What makes you think they will allow a person to have a 'park hopper reservation' for say $25 when they can instead sell a full price ticket for that reservation slot. There is no way they will do that when their capacity is already drastically lowered.

cinderellafan6

Haven't been able to get through for days! Finally been on hold for hour n 1/2 but had to hang up do to work conference call. Tried to get through but kept saying busy. Finally got through again and now on hold for 23 min. fingers crossed!

Last edited:

deeevo

Anyone know what the mask rule is sitting at the pool in a lounge chair. Mask or no mask? I understand getting up going to the pool bar or to get food you wear a mask but Disney just says it is not required if you are in the pool.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Anyone know what the mask rule is sitting at the pool in a lounge chair. Mask or no mask? I understand getting up going to the pool bar or to get food you wear a mask but Disney just says it is not required if you are in the pool.
My guess would be it is required, but it isn't specifically stated.

TeriofTerror

According to Molly from AllEars while staying at BLT last week, they were not required when in a lounge chair by the pool.

PG 134

Riviera has pool chairs arranged in groups with signs stating not to move them as the chairs are placed with distancing in mind. 2 chairs here, 3 chairs there, and such separated. Also has a QR code on mini tables next to chairs for mobile ordering for food/drink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom