WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

Mainahman

Correct. With baited breath I wait...
The way the guest services guy talked yesterday the resorts will be at very low capacity. He mentioned our suite may be ready much earlier than ever. I wonder if I'll even need to get a Sanaa reservation.. or if walk in will be sufficient.

Hcalvert

Drat. Do you mind sharing the link, please :)?
I got an email from Disney Destinations asking me to confirm the second part of my trip at Poly. I clicked on the resort link in it and lo and behold, Jambo is not listed to open anywhere on the page. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...=EMC-1193383990&cid=1193383990&bid=1119293542

1593052705235.png

Dr.GrantSeeker

So I have a week booked at Wilderness Lodge right after Thanksgiving of this year. (This was booked in 2019 before the world fell apart) There is still no tentative open date for WL, which leads me to my question. Should I proactively call Disney to change it or hope the resort will be open by then? The trip still shows up in MDE as well.

What are the chances park hopping will be allowed by then? I'm starting to think it just wont be worth it, but Christmas in Disney is my favorite time to visit.

Kamikaze

So I have a week booked at Wilderness Lodge right after Thanksgiving of this year. (This was booked in 2019 before the world fell apart) There is still no tentative open date for WL, which leads me to my question. Should I proactively call Disney to change it or hope the resort will be open by then? The trip still shows up in MDE as well.

What are the chances park hopping will be allowed by then? I'm starting to think it just wont be worth it, but Christmas in Disney is my favorite time to visit.

Park hopping won't be allowed until reservations are no longer needed. The likelihood of that happening in 2020 is very low.

Kman101

Interesting. So you can still hop a bus from Disney Springs to a currently opened resort and walk around no problem? They don't check you're staying at that resort?

Kman101

You're not supposed to, it is not known how or if they will enforce this.

I didn't think so. I get they may not be able to necessarily 'police it' constantly but it seems a little surprising. Unless vloggers are the exceptions lol. Isn't the entire point to not 'hang out' at the resorts, thus creating crowded situations?

Kman101

Not necessarily. In our TA training on the new reservation system, Disney explicitly said that they "hope to resume park hopping ability later this year."

I think they've basically just started off 'bare bones' and will adjust as time goes on. You'd have guests just staying in Hollywood Studios with nothing to do for hours or leaving. They want those guests in the parks spending money. Not allowing park hopping right now is another way they control the crowds. I know a lot of people are upset about that, but park hopping can be a chore so I'm good right now. It's not forever.

Kamikaze

Not necessarily. In our TA training on the new reservation system, Disney explicitly said that they "hope to resume park hopping ability later this year."

Yeah, they're just saying they hope to not have to take reservations 'later this year'. Not that they are going to add park hopping to the reservation system.

PREMiERdrum

The way the guest services guy talked yesterday the resorts will be at very low capacity. He mentioned our suite may be ready much earlier than ever. I wonder if I'll even need to get a Sanaa reservation.. or if walk in will be sufficient.

Are they actually limiting resort capacity? I wonder how that's being calculated? @marni1971 or @Magic Feather do you have any insight.

FWIW, I'm hoping to get a breakfast reservation at Topolino's. We've decided that even if we get the opportunity to buy tickets, we're going to do at most one day at Epcot and enjoy the rest of our week at Riviera.

Kman101

Supposedly they're limiting hotel capacity, would love to know at what. Resorts from what I've seen on youtube are empty. But will it stay that way? Disney Springs looked fairly busier than I'd like it to be on Monday but yesterday looked pretty dead.

Universal parks remain pretty dead too except on weekends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom