WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

Mainahman

The original Orange County recommendations for hotel re-opening recommended the removal of items in rooms like coffee makers. There was some discussion about the common items in the kitchens like pots and pans, toasters, coffee makers, silverware, plates and glasses, etc. The recommendations are pretty old and since most of the original reopening plans were scrapped for other areas that may be gone too.
I found it on a food blog thing earlier theres a list of what is still in the room. looks like silverware is, but all bowls and plates are disposable for the time being.

DisneyOutsider

There was talk that the would for touch point purposes. I’m pretty sure I heard they weren’t being removed though but I can’t find a source.
The original Orange County recommendations for hotel re-opening recommended the removal of items in rooms like coffee makers. There was some discussion about the common items in the kitchens like pots and pans, toasters, coffee makers, silverware, plates and glasses, etc. The recommendations are pretty old and since most of the original reopening plans were scrapped for other areas that may be gone too.
I found it on a food blog thing earlier theres a list of what is still in the room. looks like silverware is, but all bowls and plates are disposable for the time being.

There's a vlog from Bay Lake Tower that claims that all appliances and dishware are present and not disposable, including plates. Might also operate under different rules considering it's a timeshare.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There's a vlog from Bay Lake Tower that claims that all appliances and dishware are present and not disposable, including plates. Might also operate under different rules considering it's a timeshare.
Wonderful! I'm already.reqsy for a cup of coffee ony balcony every morning!
I think once the CDC pulled back on the risks from surface contamination a lot of the recommendations were probably relaxed too. I still think theres a greater risk in riding the elevator with a stranger than drinking some coffee from the coffee maker in the room so enjoy a cup on the balcony for me ;)

Mainahman

I think once the CDC pulled back on the risks from surface contamination a lot of the recommendations were probably relaxed too. I still think theres a greater risk in riding the elevator with a stranger than drinking some coffee from the coffee maker in the room so enjoy a cup on the balcony for me ;)
Will do! I'll take a photo of such an action for the trip report I'll do. I've never stayed at a Disney resport with Interior entry, heck honestly all trips have been at POP century, so that's the bar that's set. I know this will be amazing and blow all of our minds.

MagicWDI

it’s wrong to not open the value resorts when they are the cheapest on-site hotels.
Why does it matter when they haven't restarted bookings yet? Those that were booked in the Value resorts will get a lateral or upgrade of some sort.

PREMiERdrum

Fingers crossed. Seems like many have reported comp upgrades so far, so we know there's hope.

As long as no modifications are made, guests in closed resorts are being moved to open resorts - almost always upgrades - at no cost.

If you want to change dates or guests, you'll pay the full difference.

I've had clients moved from POFQ to Contemporary, CBR to the cabins, and my 2 personal July bookings from PORS to Riviera.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Looks like more than just Port Orleans isn't bookable

You getting this:
1593001698963.png

Or no dates/prices show up for PO?

MM311

As long as no modifications are made, guests in closed resorts are being moved to open resorts - almost always upgrades - at no cost.

If you want to change dates or guests, you'll pay the full difference.

I've had clients moved from POFQ to Contemporary, CBR to the cabins, and my 2 personal July bookings from PORS to Riviera.
If I'm booked at POFQ for late October do you think I should be calling now about moving, or should I just wait it out? Honestly I'm not looking forward to sitting on the phone all day, but I'm guessing I will need to suck it up and just call...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was able to book at Pop for Feb 2021!

New thing:

1593004054227.png

Now they're going to repaint it brown!!

Also new, a countdown at the top of the page once you select the room but before checking out. You get about 15 minutes to check out, or, I presume, it will drop the hold on the room you just selected.

Still... Any word for booking in 2020? I have an AP and would like to book for December.

pbrsaau

We made park passes yesterday for a July 13-22 trip booked at All Stars, which will be closed. No problem booking passes. Got moved to Pop today for no additional charge. I feel for the folks who were told they would have to pay to be moved. Now, I didn’t expect nor demand to be moved for free from All Star to GF or Poly, but I don’t think it’s right for Disney to close your resort and still ding you for more to be accommodated.
Did you have to call to be moved from AllStars to Pop or did they do that automatically and you just received an email?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom