WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

mf1972

i’ll be calling my agent tomorrow. we’re currently booked for 10/26-11/6 at POFQ. if we’re still going, i’m assuming we’ll have to be moved to another resort.

mickeymiss

i’ll be calling my agent tomorrow. we’re currently booked for 10/26-11/6 at POFQ. if we’re still going, i’m assuming we’ll have to be moved to another resort.
POFQ here too for August. Can we still make park ticket reservations before calling? I want to get that over with ASAP.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
If I recall, 2020 reservations for people that aren’t DVC reopen on June 28, with the final wave of park pass reservations.

If your trip isn’t until after ~July 16, I would recommend waiting to confirm what hotel you are switching to. You will still be able to access the park pass launch and get your parks reservations without knowing the new resort. The next few days will be crazy for Disney’s phone lines, making the process unnecessarily frustrating.

DVCakaCarlF

Pretty sure Day guests are allowed so long as they have a reservation. For example you can book reservation for the Grand Cafe and you'll be allowed to park at the Grand Floridian.
Starting when? After speaking with a CM, only hotel guests can meander between the resorts for dining, shopping, etc.

peter11435

Pretty sure Day guests are allowed so long as they have a reservation. For example you can book reservation for the Grand Cafe and you'll be allowed to park at the Grand Floridian.
I don’t believe that will be the case during the initial reopening phase. My understanding is that only guests with hotel reservations will be able to make dining reservations.

mf1972

POFQ here too for August. Can we still make park ticket reservations before calling? I want to get that over with ASAP.
i’ll have to ask about that tomorrow. we made our reservation back in february before it hit the fan. also celebrating our 20th anniversary. hope whatever change we make isn’t too bad

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Starting when? After speaking with a CM, only hotel guests can meander between the resorts for dining, shopping, etc.
I don’t believe that will be the case during the initial reopening phase. My understanding is that only guests with hotel reservations will be able to make dining reservations.
Wow, I knew that they only let hotel guests make reservations, but I doubt there are enough people there to even come close to filling the bunch of restaurants they opened/are opening.

I’m surprised that they aren’t planning to at least let locals come as day guests. If they still aren’t, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that change quickly.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Thank you :) Can we still get our park ticket reservations first thing tomorrow? Or do we have to change resorts first? I don't see this update on the Disney blog so is it not even offcial official yet?
I haven't found an update about this specific issue either. Fwiw, I'll secure park reservations first, and deal with our resort modification afterwards. 🤞

mickeymiss

If I recall, 2020 reservations for people that aren’t DVC reopen on June 28, with the final wave of park pass reservations.

If your trip isn’t until after ~July 16, I would recommend waiting to confirm what hotel you are switching to. You will still be able to access the park pass launch and get your parks reservations without knowing the new resort. The next few days will be crazy for Disney’s phone lines, making the process unnecessarily frustrating.
I really wanted to avoid calling them but we want to add tickets. I wouldn't want to wait and have the park ticket openings fill up. I would have liked an option to modify BEFORE picking parks. Now I'm just a ball of stress. I don't want to be the annoying customer clogging up the line but it's time sensitive.

Mainahman

were at all stars, and yea were still coming, i just am confused, as some get emails and free upgrades, others hav to call and have to pay $$. I mean they arlready refunded my dining, will have to refund my Park hopper, but now i need a new hotel, and not my choice. i rather Disney just assign me and call it a day instead of trying to charge me.

pbrsaau

I haven't found an update about this specific issue either. Fwiw, I'll secure park reservations first, and deal with our resort modification afterwards. 🤞
I made my park reses yesterday without issue and we're booked at Riverside 10/24-31 - wait and see now.

MaximumEd

We made park passes yesterday for a July 13-22 trip booked at All Stars, which will be closed. No problem booking passes. Got moved to Pop today for no additional charge. I feel for the folks who were told they would have to pay to be moved. Now, I didn’t expect nor demand to be moved for free from All Star to GF or Poly, but I don’t think it’s right for Disney to close your resort and still ding you for more to be accommodated.

Mainahman

We made park passes yesterday for a July 13-22 trip booked at All Stars, which will be closed. No problem booking passes. Got moved to Pop today for no additional charge. I feel for the folks who were told they would have to pay to be moved. Now, I didn’t expect nor demand to be moved for free from All Star to GF or Poly, but I don’t think it’s right for Disney to close your resort and still ding you for more to be accommodated.
Could not agree more. Ours was a bit different as we were a suite vs a single room. I think if it would of been a single room we would of ended up at POP, however it almost did sound like i could name my price for what i wanted within reason, and not be charged for it. Heck i got a big upgrade, and still have money coming back to me. We live in odd times....

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why would they remove the coffee makers?
The original Orange County recommendations for hotel re-opening recommended the removal of items in rooms like coffee makers. There was some discussion about the common items in the kitchens like pots and pans, toasters, coffee makers, silverware, plates and glasses, etc. The recommendations are pretty old and since most of the original reopening plans were scrapped for other areas that may be gone too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom