WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1. It's *cosine."

2. A cosine wave initially goes downward. A sine goes up, but then back down.

3. As far as curves go, you'd most likely want to refer to a tangent or parabolic curve.

4. The mathematical model here isn't curves. It's a linear function that is discontinuous as a new batch of vaccines become available and suddenly 'bends' the line further sloping upward.

5. I have spoken.

I assume all that was firmly tongue in cheek (good...that sense of humor is coming along) with the exception of “cosine”...

I know I was in Trig class...but it’s blank slate beyond that

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's not like the case declines won't start until there are 200 million vaccinations. Case declines will start very quickly, as those most at risk are vaccinated. By February/March, we will see declines in cases and deaths. By April-June, cases and deaths should be much lower than 2020. And yes, those Covid Disney restrictions will start to be relaxed.
I never said that it wouldn’t start until 200 million were vaccinated. I said the cases would start coming down before that. I also don’t think that as soon as cases start dropping that restrictions will start to be relaxed. I have no idea what the tipping point will be, but I think the May/June timeframe seems most likely when we could see significant changes. I wouldn’t book a Spring Break trip to WDW right now assuming the restrictions will be gone, but the Summer seems reasonable.

As far as restrictions go I think the first to be relaxed will be ride distancing which allows for park capacity limits to be lifted, then followed by restaurant capacity and distancing requirements and last masks. Not sure where temp checks fall in, probably around the same time as masks. It will be a gradual reduction in restrictions too so not likely a light switch where things are gone. Capacity ramps up as distancing is phased out and once it’s deemed safe the masks go. Much of the sanitizing and hygiene stuff may stick around beyond 2021 until the pandemic is completely behind us.

havoc315

I never said that it wouldn’t start until 200 million were vaccinated. I said the cases would start coming down before that. I also don’t think that as soon as cases start dropping that restrictions will start to be relaxed. I have no idea what the tipping point will be, but I think the May/June timeframe seems most likely when we could see significant changes. I wouldn’t book a Spring Break trip to WDW right now assuming the restrictions will be gone, but the Summer seems reasonable.

As far as restrictions go I think the first to be relaxed will be ride distancing which allows for park capacity limits to be lifted, then followed by restaurant capacity and distancing requirements and last masks. Not sure where temp checks fall in, probably around the same time as masks. It will be a gradual reduction in restrictions too so not likely a light switch where things are gone. Capacity ramps up as distancing is phased out and once it’s deemed safe the masks go. Much of the sanitizing and hygiene stuff may stick around beyond 2021 until the pandemic is completely behind us.

I don't disagree with any of that. Disney might be "visitable" by March-May, but I wouldn't place bets. By the late Spring/Summer, June-August, I feel like it *should* be fairly safe to travel. Whether all of WDW will be "normal," I don't know and won't make bets. But it is likely to be more normal than now.

If you forced me into a timeline:
Late winter/early Spring (Feb-April):
I suspect first we will start seeing the return of some level of entertainment...
Increasing capacity...

Spring (April-May)
Increasing capacity on some attractions, more restaurants opening, more entertainment.
Increased character interaction, but still no meet and greet with maskless characters
EMH return

Late Spring (May-June)
More hotels opening
Social distancing reduced/ mostly eliminated
More normalized ride capacity
Perhaps partial elimination of masks (please wear masks indoors and on rides, but not required outdoors, for example)
Fastpass return

Things potentially persisting beyond June/July, long term, some becoming permanent:
- No buffets (too many people touching the same stuff, gathering close to strangers)
-Maskless character interactions limited (1 princess in close contact and hugging 2,000 guests in a day? no)
-Park reservations remain in place
-More reliance on contactless payment, mobile ordering (increases efficiency even without a pandemic)
-decreased housekeeping (saves Disney money and reduces a contact between a single cast member and dozens of rooms)
-no babysitting services (especially if kids aren't vaccinated yet, no going to go out of your way to cause a potential problem)

Basically.... restrictions that I can see persisting -- things that place a cast member in sustained close contact, particularly with kids.
I don't think masks will be quite the last to go -- as more and more people get vaccinated, it's going to be harder and harder to enforce wearing of masks. ("Why should I wear a mask?? My whole family is vaccinated!")

But I see strict 6-foot social distancing being reduced/eliminated by late Spring. I could be wrong.

bcoachable

Did we ever get clarification on what the rumor from prior to the Gondola being completed was about? Something about Resorts being "Re-structured" from Delux/Moderate/Value into some other type of "Bundle"? Wonder if the shuffling of Open resorts vs who is still shuttered has anything to do with this?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did we ever get clarification on what the rumor from prior to the Gondola being completed was about? Something about Resorts being "Re-structured" from Delux/Moderate/Value into some other type of "Bundle"? Wonder if the shuffling of Open resorts vs who is still shuttered has anything to do with this?
Disney did a lot of shuffling of resort categories. DVC Villas became their own thing removed from Deluxe. Campgrouds got their own category. Hotels with special relations with Disney got their own categories (e.g., Swolphin, Four Seasons). Disney Springs got their own category out of Good Neighbor. And Good Neighbor lists just about every other area resort.

However, the distinction between Value, Moderate, and Deluxe remains untouched. Despite the fact that those who presented the rumor years ago were very very sure about it.

JusticeDisney

Anyone think there is any realistic chance that the reopening date for the Beach Club gets pushed back? We are planning a trip for late June and we love it there, but I would hate to book a room only to find out that the reopening date got adjusted to a later time.

Rteetz

Anyone think there is any realistic chance that the reopening date for the Beach Club gets pushed back? We are planning a trip for late June and we love it there, but I would hate to book a room only to find out that the reopening date got adjusted to a later time.
Anything is possible. If there is a change Disney will move you to an equivalent or upgraded room. They won’t move you to a moderate or value it would be another deluxe.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom