WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celluloid

Oh, okay. I didn't know that you were referring to these specific things. Yeah, that stinks. But subtracting the water rides, this is only taking away Jurassic Park and Ripsaw falls isn't it?
-2 for universal

Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids. (I know they're not going to take away Pirates, or Na'vi River, but I'm not sure about Frozen?)
But let's just say that is also taking out -2.
Likely no mist effects that carry to the face such as cannon fire, marshmallow yelling among others. 4D air and most blasts gone for a bit. Disney maintece budget norm in some cases. Not to mention fog.

kpilcher

Not exactly. It was voted on by the task force. Now the mayor has to approve the proposal and send it to the governor for further approval.
Very true. But after the vote and during that same meeting, Mayor Demings stated he would review it tonight and confer with the Governor early tomorrow. Since he rubber-stamped the task force's decision on 13 minor attractions today I'd expect about the same with Universal. Minor changes at most. Governor DeSantis is pretty much automatically saying yes to Mayor Demings. A yes decision by the Mayor on Universal also bodes well for SeaWorld's presentation tomorrow.

Bob Harlem

Very true. But after the vote and during that same meeting, Mayor Demings stated he would review it tonight and confer with the Governor early tomorrow. Since he rubber-stamped the task force's decision on 13 minor attractions today I'd expect about the same with Universal. Minor changes at most. Governor DeSantis is pretty much automatically saying yes to Mayor Demings. A yes decision by the Mayor on Universal also bodes well for SeaWorld's presentation tomorrow.

Demmings said in the CNBC interview he did wind up approving Universal and will be sending it in the morning. This is all but a done deal.

Also he states Disney is submitting (probably early) next week. I'm not sure what that means for the portions of Disney in Osceola county. Either way I think it'll be open a lot sooner than most think.

Last edited:

Getachew

According to the Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings, Walt Disney World is expected to present their reopening plans next week.

Disney has given an indication that next week, they will submit their plans, and once they do, then we will schedule that for a full briefing before our Economic Recovery Task Force as well.
So at this point, it’s an undefined time or date, but we do look forward to seeing that sometime next week.”

We'll see what happens.

Jrb1979

According to the Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings, Walt Disney World is expected to present their reopening plans next week.

Disney has given an indication that next week, they will submit their plans, and once they do, then we will schedule that for a full briefing before our Economic Recovery Task Force as well.
So at this point, it’s an undefined time or date, but we do look forward to seeing that sometime next week.”

We'll see what happens.
Which probably means another week of cancellations. Its frustrating to see Disney being so tight-lipped about all of this.

Moka

Which probably means another week of cancellations. Its frustrating to see Disney being so tight-lipped about all of this.
I really think the only reason they are is because they don't want to speed through it and want to see what everybody else (the other Florida theme parks) are going to do, so they don't afford to somehow do something wrong.

Getachew

I think they are finalizing any agreements they may have with the NBA. Regardless, at this point June looks possible, if not by early July.

kpilcher

Demmings said in the CNBC interview he did wind up approving Universal and will be sending it in the morning. This is all but a done deal.

Also he states Disney is submitting (probably early) next week. I'm not sure what that means for the portions of Disney in Osceola county. Either way I think it'll be open a lot sooner than most think.

Animal Kingdom is in Orange. I believe All Stars and ESPN WWOS are the only guest facilities in Osceola. Osceola Parkway is roughly the dividing line in one part of property, 192 in another.

TrojanUSC

I really think the only reason they are is because they don't want to speed through it and want to see what everybody else (the other Florida theme parks) are going to do, so they don't afford to somehow do something wrong.

They also have access to the top health experts and are more of a "destination" for out of state guests. They are likely being far more conservative than UO.

Epcotbob

They were probably just waiting for Universal to go first, now that they’ve done that it won’t be long before they finalize and announce their plans. They may be done with the cancellations.....

mhaftman7

I can understand it. You want to let USO go first to see what the expectations are. You then follow up by “one upping” certain aspects. What that entails, idk. “Designer” complimentary masks for resort guests? Non-face character meals/meet & greets with proper social distancing? Who knows. I just feel that Disney will try to say, “...yeah, but this is what WE’RE doing!”

TrojanUSC

I can understand it. You want to let USO go first to see what the expectations are. You then follow up by “one upping” certain aspects. What that entails, idk. “Designer” complimentary masks for resort guests? Non-face character meals/meet & greets with proper social distancing? Who knows. I just feel that Disney will try to say, “...yeah, but this is what WE’RE doing!”

Or they're waiting to give it a month to see if UO sees any spikes or issues that would force them to re-evaluate their status. It's a smart move. The worst thing for them would be to re-open only to have to pair things back or close again.

Getachew

They were probably just waiting for Universal to go first, now that they’ve done that it won’t be long before they finalize and announce their plans. They may be done with the cancellations.....

Or not, especially if they decide to open Parks before resorts.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They could be done. We will find out next week either way. I still think the Disney reopening is a lot more complex than Universal‘s plan due to the resorts, the transportation issues and DVC. They may actually need a little more than 2 weeks lead time to get all the ducks lined up. Disney has also setup their experience to force people to plan ahead with ADRs, DVC and FP+ so there’s already a bunch of people with June, July and August trips planned months ago. Many will probably cancel but it’s still a lot of logistics.

Herdman

The rumblings have been that they would use Grand Destino and if needed Riviera
I've heard one of the All-Star resorts. One with enough rooms to house all the teams and parties involved - NBA league officials, television production crews, etc.

Herdman

I really don't think the NBA will have any affect on the theme parks. It's not like the players are going to be wondering around the parks in-between games. They are going to fly on a private jet to the resort (probably one of the All-Stars) where they will hole up. They will bus to a practice facility or bus to a game. They will then bus back to the resort. Food will be brought to them. Eat, sleep and rinse the next day. They will be exposed to as little people as possible outside of their own team and the team they are playing that day.

Disney will have to figure out how to deal with the people who had reservations at the resort selected. There won't be anyone staying there except for the people associated with the league.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've heard one of the All-Star resorts. One with enough rooms to house all the teams and parties involved - NBA league officials, television production crews, etc.
That’s gonna be a tough sell for the players. Those guys are spoiled. I wonder if they would consider the four seasons for this? I know when teams play in Houston they usually stay at the four seasons there. I’ve stayed there a few times and seen the players come and go. They even have some rooms with larger beds for the guys who are 7 footers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom