WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That is true. But the second spike being feared as a distant possibility would make today’s situation seem small fry.
And now that we’ve gone Cowboy stateside...that possibility is increasing in chance by an order of magnitude.

The university of Washington model that the government had been touting revised the covid deaths by August back up to 134,000...a significant bump...based on the quick and erratic easing of restrictions...

So what did the cdc do? It scrubbed it from their website yesterday.

The great professor Oz continues to hide what’s behind the curtain

DisneyOutsider

no way the parks open within the next 6 months.

Sure there is...

Our mitigation methods have achieved the goal of preventing our health Care system from becoming overburdened (thus far) with plenty of capacity to spare, and our testing is starting to ramp up (much too slowly, but it's growing dramatically in some places).

It may not happen, but it's not hard to see WDW opening before November if things continue to de-escalate. It's certainly possible (for better or for worse).

Imagineer45

Whenever you reopen there is going to be a spike. Be that tomorrow or a year from now. People have to stop thinking this virus is going to disappear. There are too many asymptomatic carriers and it spreads too easily to be eliminated by shut down measures. We are going to be living with it for the rest of our lives just like its coronavirus cousins the common cold.

I agree. We will reopen when we, as a society, accept that we are willing to live with the virus. It will inevitably decrease in prevalence with a vaccine and some sort of herd immunity, but it will likely still be in existence. If polio is still around all these years later, coronavirus will still be around going forward.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree. We will reopen when we, as a society, accept that we are willing to live with the virus. It will inevitably decrease in prevalence with a vaccine and some sort of herd immunity, but it will likely still be in existence. If polio is still around all these years later, coronavirus will still be around going forward.
Polio was nearly eradicated in the developed world...making it no longer a threat. Vaccine.

AIDS is less of a concern - but highly dangerous still - when they developed an effective treatment regimen.

There’s a pattern there.

No one will “accept” the possibility you could get a respiratory illness that could kill you literally within days after randomly touching a door handle....and much rapidly and in higher frequency than the false flu comparisons...until there is some sort of preventative or treatment in place.

Intelligent people take risks, but calculated ones. Dumb people...well...can’t be fixed. It is what it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The park would be out of business if you waited 6 months.....that is hilarious
What on earth would make you think that?

Disney is worth like half a trillion dollars...it’s not south of the border.

A long closure would be incredibly costly...but there are few entities better suited to withstand one if it happened.

Touchdown

I think that a good estimate is to see when SDL and HKDL open back up, they closed at the beginning of February and still haven’t opened back up. I think that once they do it will be reasonable to assume WDW will open 7 weeks after they do, provided it goes well, as WDW closed 7 weeks after they did.

If SDL opens next week, WDW may open around the 4th of July.

DisneyOutsider

The park would be out of business if you waited 6 months.....that is hilarious
I disagree. But I also agree they'll open up before November.
What on earth would make you think that?

Disney is worth like half a trillion dollars...it’s not south of the border.

A long closure would be incredibly costly...but there are few entities better suited to withstand one if it happened.

Yes... at worst case, they would continue to receive loans from the big boys to tide them over.

Getachew

I think that a good estimate is to see when SDL and HKDL open back up, they closed at the beginning of February and still haven’t opened back up. I think that once they do it will be reasonable to assume WDW will open 7 weeks after they do, provided it goes well, as WDW closed 7 weeks after they did.

Someone here once mentioned July 5th, which is a Monday.

Parker in NYC

It really is sad.
The same people that spew the usual tough guy attitude ("Kids need to grow up" and "You'll get over it" mindset kinds of people) on certain things have completely turned around and became giant children.

There's someone at work that brings it up at every moment to which I respond with "uh huh" to everything. I'm past the point of caring honestly. Things will happen as they can. We're all in this together whether we like it or not. Gotta make the best of it.

I need to learn how to do that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Exactly.

I also think it’s telling that the Chinese government hasn’t forced at least Shanghai to reopen for PR purposes...very interesting

RollerCoaster

And the phases mean as much to me as phases of the moon. Disney is going to do what they do independently of the government. They know crowds better than anyone. They know the risks. They are practically a private city of their own. They have to hire and rehire legions of employees with the notion that things are ready. to. go. This isn't a game to them.

Also, no one is saying the parks will be closed forever. Stop with that knee-jerk response. September may not seem logical to you but then, we are dealing with an unknown pandemic. Welcome to the new normal, where have you been? In COVID conspiracy la la land?

By the way, I mean the theme parks. Not the resort hotels, not Springs, not anything beyond the park gates.

The only thing that is for certain in this thread is that "you" don't know what you're talking about. You're acting like you're the authority and you're not.

Mav

Second spike warnings are gaining traction in Europe.

And we don’t have the hooray Henry’s that you have, demanding that things reopen now or they’ll cry.

Aswell as the news that Austria is not seeing an increase in cases after opening the majority of their stores again on April 14th.
Whichever narrative you want to tell, you'll find plenty of newsarticles confirming this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Stop with your uneducated knee jerk opening date predictions.....bookmark my comments and come to me with my prize when they reopen in June as opposed to your "pull a date out of thin air with no logic at all" day of September. Its happening and its people like you that spew uneducated opinions to scare people that need to be censored...…….just go by the facts please. Fact is the government set criteria for reopening that you are completely dismissing. Those governments created task forces. Those task forces have executives from the parks on them. those are the facts. You are just flapping your gums
...this leads right back to politics...need to try to keep this in the frame of Disney/themeparks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom