WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Lol. Disney will open soon. Florida needs them to, airlines need them to, Disney as a whole needs them to. They're saying Covid -19 will be making an impact on us for over two years. The heads of the major parks are the ones laying out the plans saying they can open in Phase 1 at their discretion. They aren't saying it out loud, but their actions are saying it. This isn't a political or medical statement or a judgement of right it wrong, but an observation.

BWDVCkidsince96

I disagree. Here in Canada the mindset is til there is a cure or vaccine, social distancing is the new normal. They have cancelled almost all concerts, festivals and fairs for the year.

Pretty sure that phase 3 or the equivalent for most states is supposed to be when there is a substantial treatment and/or a vaccine. phase 3 isn't supposed to be any time soon. so yea i'd say i'd expect social distancing to be pretty much going away in phase 3, headed towards non existent after we are well into phase 3.

Getachew

With the Florida Governor's outlook, he may well announce phase 3 before the end of May - except the 3 counties near Miami. If only WDW was in Georgia, their Governor would tell Disney to open next week
Pretty sure that phase 3 or the equivalent for most states is supposed to be when there is a substantial treatment and/or a vaccine. phase 3 isn't supposed to be any time soon. so yea i'd say i'd expect social distancing to be pretty much going away in phase 3, headed towards non existent after we are well into phase 3.

That's what was said about Bag checks post 9-11...

Parker in NYC

There was a drone flying as a few hundred feet above NYC residents walking by the river with loudspeakers exclaiming loud and clear about social distancing. It would not surprise me that every attraction , dining , entertainment areas will have cast members talking points , tape on the concrete, signage everywhere and hammer the social distancing point time and time again until it's ingrained into our hearts and minds.

Oh, I’m sure there’ll be all of that and then some. But will guests follow the rules? Sure, the same day Madonna has a hit movie.

Giss Neric

I imagine those CMs yelling at guests to not block the walkways during Happily Ever After. When the parks reopen, there will now be CMs who will yell and remind people to social distance.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I imagine those CMs yelling at guests to not block the walkways during Happily Ever After. When the parks reopen, there will now be CMs who will yell and remind people to social distance.
That’s true. Since they wont have a Happily Ever After to police.

raymusiccity

It won't be a MOB scene if Disney truly restricts access on who can be on property and in parks. They aren't going to be letting people line up like SW ride opening.
The most logical approach should require that WDW first open to guests staying on property.

There are 40K rooms on property. At an average of 4 persons per room that's approximately 160K guests.

The four primary attractions at WDW (MK, EPCOT, DHS and AK) have a rough capacity of 330K.

Everyone staying on site would therefore fit in the four attractions and still stay below to 50% capacity limit in the Phased reopening guidelines.

As another Phase is announced, WDW could then reopen parking lots on a staggered basis, much like they limit access to the parks when they reach capacity during the holidays.

Lilofan

The most logical approach should require that WDW first open to guests staying on property.

There are 40K rooms on property. At an average of 4 persons per room that's approximately 160K guests.

The four primary attractions at WDW (MK, EPCOT, DHS and AK) have a rough capacity of 330K.

Everyone staying on site would therefore fit in the four attractions and still stay below to 50% capacity limit in the Phased reopening guidelines.

As another Phase is announced, WDW could then reopen parking lots on a staggered basis, much like they limit access to the parks when they reach capacity during the holidays.
If every hotel room is occupied at WDW, 40K rooms , there is no way the resort hotels can accommodate social distancing at the front desk, dining areas unless the line of guests stretched out for miles to accomplish these tasks.

peter11435

I’m not sure where you got the 330k number but it is much to high

IMDREW

Wishes was a hub centric show as much as HEA is.
Not entirely same imo. The projections on the castle in HEA cannot be watched from anywhere in the park and are integral to that show. Wishes doesnt have that. Ofc people would still want to watch wishes with a view of the castle, but you wont miss as much as you would with HEA.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not entirely same imo. The projections on the castle in HEA cannot be watched from anywhere in the park and are integral to that show. Wishes doesnt have that. Ofc people would still want to watch wishes with a view of the castle, but you wont miss as much as you would with HEA.
Wishes was a hub centric show. Davidson was (in)famous for them.

You can thank that for the trees being removed from the hub in 2005.

But it’s a moot point for the foreseeable.

MagicWDI

Wishes was a hub centric show. Davidson was (in)famous for them.

You can thank that for the trees being removed from the hub in 2005.

But it’s a moot point for the foreseeable.
It truly is a moot point since Wishes had just as many people jam the Hub as well as up and down Main Street to see the show and partake in the Mass Departure after the show. Not exactly what one wants to take part of during the "new normal."

I personally think any fireworks show may be off the table, unless it's possibly Fantasy in the Sky, or perhaps an extremely stripped down version of it and tell guests not to gather in one spot. A task I don't think is possible, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom