WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pan's Shadow

It's almost impossible to know the spread/infection rate because testing levels are way too low. There could be 2 million people currently infected in Florida (I'm not saying there are) and nobody would have any idea.
Lol. Yeah the more testing they do the more people are shown to have it or been infected already. Up and up. I'm also so ready to get feels walking up Main St USA. So I may be showing bias.

Bill in Atlanta

Opening only to FL may serve a purpose to get the employees and processes up to snuff, but regarding the economy it's a bit like plugging a power strip into itself, it provides no benefit. And resort stayers are the most profitable guests they get.
Agreed. They could initially open to FL residents as a way to show the rest of the country "see, we opened the gates and the world didn't end" and to get operations back running smoothly. Then, they could open to the rest of country a week or two later assuming no big bad national headlines.

General Mayhem

Agreed. They could initially open to FL residents as a way to show the rest of the country "see, we opened the gates and the world didn't end" and to get operations back running smoothly. Then, they could open to the rest of country a week or two later assuming no big bad national headlines.
Walt Disney World reopening means a great deal to American culture. Once those gates are reopened that will be a massive message to people that things are getting back to normal. It seems silly but when Disney closed it had a massive impact on people's perception of this pandemic.

Epcotbob

My personal opinion is that the Mayor, Governor, etc are pushing to pave the way for WDW to open as soon as possible. The economy is based on tourism. Opening only to FL may serve a purpose to get the employees and processes up to snuff, but regarding the economy it's a bit like plugging a power strip into itself, it provides no benefit. And resort stayers are the most profitable guests they get. Add to that the head of Southwest Airline saying that WDW needs to reopen and that no one knows how bad the travel industry is. I also am pretty sure the Oompa Loompas are working feverishly every night to get things sharp. Lol.

Agreed, that's why I think sooner rather than later. Like it or not, patience for extended lockdowns of the healthy is running thin......

lisa12000

Walt Disney World reopening means a great deal to American culture. Once those gates are reopened that will be a massive message to people that things are getting back to normal. It seems silly but when Disney closed it had a massive impact on people's perception of this pandemic.

As a uk person I have to agree with this - even though I know we won’t be over in the US for a few months yet (thank goodness our picture seems to be improving a bit now though) it would mean a lot to me psychologically to see any of the disney parks open tbf but especially the US ones - now I know Disneyland has its own challenges from California but just to see the odd video from MK would be wonderful for us over here in perpetual lockdown

ImperfectPixie

As a uk person I have to agree with this - even though I know we won’t be over in the US for a few months yet (thank goodness our picture seems to be improving a bit now though) it would mean a lot to me psychologically to see any of the disney parks open tbf but especially the US ones - now I know Disneyland has its own challenges from California but just to see the odd video from MK would be wonderful for us over here in perpetual lockdown
We need to be careful though. While we do need to re-open, we need to do so very slowly and cautiously and with certain new, not-so-fun requirements of the general public. Creating a nice image of things returning back to normal quickly would be irresponsible because no matter how long we stay shut-down, there WILL be more waves of infections, and we need to make sure everyone knows that, is prepared for it, and is taking necessary precautions.

General Mayhem

We need to be careful though. While we do need to re-open, we need to do so very slowly and cautiously and with certain new, not-so-fun requirements of the general public. Creating a nice image of things returning back to normal quickly would be irresponsible because no matter how long we stay shut-down, there WILL be more waves of infections, and we need to make sure everyone knows that, is prepared for it, and is taking necessary precautions.
Girl I'm going to be there on reopening day, no amount of passive aggressive tactics is going to stop me. Trust.

Duckberg

Social Distance req. to enter WDW are one thing, but strict enforcement once inside??? Watch out as this could be a financial deal breaker for Disney. o_O

Lilofan

Social Distance req. to enter WDW are one thing, but strict enforcement once inside??? Watch out as this could be a financial deal breaker for Disney. o_O
There was a drone flying as a few hundred feet above NYC residents walking by the river with loudspeakers exclaiming loud and clear about social distancing. It would not surprise me that every attraction , dining , entertainment areas will have cast members talking points , tape on the concrete, signage everywhere and hammer the social distancing point time and time again until it's ingrained into our hearts and minds.

Disstevefan1

I have been listening to the meetings of the task force to re open Florida that are streamed live on YouTube , and it’s mostly slide presentations showing “recommendations” and “guidelines”.

Recommendations and guidelines don’t need to be done and can’t be enforced. Just saying.

Jrb1979

There was a drone flying as a few hundred feet above NYC residents walking by the river with loudspeakers exclaiming loud and clear about social distancing. It would not surprise me that every attraction , dining , entertainment areas will have cast members talking points , tape on the concrete, signage everywhere and hammer the social distancing point time and time again until it's ingrained into our hearts and minds.
Its the way it should be. This virus isn't going to magically disappear. You can enjoy Disney with social distancing in place.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Any chance we could respect differing opinions in here? Of course, I am right and any differing opinion is wrong, but I'll still be respectful to those less intelligent. Lol. I joined to talk hope of Disney World and the magic it brings to me and my family. Pretty sure there are tons of other places to argue on the internet.

ImperfectPixie

I have been listening to the meetings of the task force to re open Florida that are streamed live on YouTube , and it’s mostly slide presentations showing “recommendations” and “guidelines”.

Recommendations and guidelines don’t need to be done and can’t be enforced. Just saying.
From what I've seen, from the WH all the way down to the governors...most of them don't want to offend anyone by putting mandates in place...and it will be costly in the long run.

CLEtoWDW

You are fake news. Please learn more about medicine/epidemiology. 10% positive rate means undertesting and it’s too high.

Read any tweet from Trump’s FDA head:
“The 10% positivity rate of current testing is a very high number...”

From this week:
“The actual number of coronavirus cases in the United States is likely significantly higher — as much 10 or even 20 times higher — than the tally of Covid-19 infections currently being reported, a former top federal health official said Tuesday.

"There's certainly under-diagnosis going on," Dr. Scott Gottlieb said during an interview with CNBC's "Squawk Box."

The actual number of cases "probably is 10 times as many," said Gottlieb, a former commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and a CNBC contributor.

"We're probably diagnosing 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 infections, and that's what some of the reliable analyses are now showing," he said.”

(How does he know we’re under-diagnosing????
Because the case positive rate is too high. And math. Numbers usually require math.)
We are talking about two completely different things. Yes, if you’re testing people for antibodies a 10% rate is incredibly high. Now if you’re testing people for COVID that are either: 1) showing symptoms 2) at risk or 3) came into close contact with a COVID case.. then a 10% positive COVID test ratio is low. We are talking apples and oranges here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom