WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

csmat99

Less money is better than none and they will obviously reduce operational budgets. Staying closed for over a year significantly damages the brand.
I didn't say to stay closed a year. I understand they need to bring in money. Just hope they do it right and not risk people's lives for the sake of money.

I chose the month of July to open with many restrictions. I'm not familiar with the amount of infected people or deaths in Florida. This will be a big issue as to when it will be safe to open Disney. JMO
I canceled my vacation for August

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
What antivirals are those? I’m generally curious
I mean people are probably most excited about remdesivir because it worked well against SARS and MERS and this virus is similar in many ways, that has two studies coming out this month, one among the severely ill (antivirals rarely help once symptoms are severe so don’t get your hopes up there) and one on the mildly ill (🤞)

Short of that working, there have been literally dozens of antivirals created over the last few decades, some of which have shown effectiveness of various strains of coronavirus in humans (and some in cats), and basically all of them are being evaluated by one group or another against COVID 19. Many (including remdesivir) never received FDA approval because they weren’t more effective than other treatments against any existing virus, while others have only received approval for cats (really), but that doesn’t mean they won’t work for this - it’s just a hurdle.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I live in SC and where I am it seems people are complying. We still take walks in our neighborhood as we are allowed to do, and talk to people we see from from an appropriate distance. Some businesses are open but even there people are few and far between. Perhaps it is different where you are (your profile says you're from FL so I can't tell where in SC you are).
Upstate/Spartanburg area is being dumb tho. There’s literally an article somewhere stating how bad we are in SC. 😂 Lowe’s and Walmart parking lots FULL every day.

TDogg76

Labor Day at the earliest but, if we are being honest, Disney will realize the amount of legal pressure if they were to become a new epicenter. Because of that...my honest prediction is January 2021. Should have a vaccine or course of action against the virus by then!

ElvisMickey

There’s an article that came out on Movieweb about an hour ago about how domestic movie theaters are “hoping” to reopen by the end of July. So, considering that there are a hell of a lot more people in a theme park than a movie theater...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How would WDW only open certain resorts or let only those staying at Deluxe/ DVC resorts?
If they were going to do something like that, wouldn't we be only able to see those rooms being available in June?

I think WDW, when they do decide to open will treat it like the levels for max crowds. Starting with only allowing resort guests and AP guests, if the crowds are too large, they pull back the AP's(unless they are staying at a resort) and close the park down.
In my heart I want WDW to open in June like most, August the latest in hopes... But realistic September/ October maybe where we stand.
The closure is the public health risk and liability...it has zero to do with Disney operational preferences.

But they could limit what opens...and dvc is the preferred clientele in many way...not impossible when the time comes.
DVC. they have a big issue with that right now. Over 4mil points already lost from members over this.
The mathematics behind dvc never allowed for a shutdown. It just doesn’t. Lost points, banked points, no availability.

They’ve got a real mess coming if the restart takes awhile.

csmat99

The closure is the public health risk and liability...it has zero to do with Disney operational preferences.

But they could limit what opens...and dvc is the preferred clientele in many way...not impossible when the time comes.

The mathematics behind dvc never allowed for a shutdown. It just doesn’t. Lost points, banked points, no availability.

They’ve got a real mess coming if the restart takes awhile.
They would have to extend the deed/lease term. Only way. Yes requires ton of paperwork but only other way would to give back money and we know that isn't happening. To that end has anyone heard what the plan was going to be when Key west original lease term ends? Shouldn't it be coming up?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They would have to extend the lease term. Only way. Yes requires ton of paperwork but only other way would to give back money and we know that isn't happening. To that end has anyone heard what the plan was going to be when Key west original lease term ends? Shouldn't it be coming up?
Possible...but the soonest lease expires in 22 year sand a lot 30-50...

The other option is to allocate non-dvc rooms to clear the backlog.

No one is gonna like it - other Than DVC - but that makes a lot of sense due. Time to pay the hundreds of thousands of pipers.

Old key west, beach, Boardwalk, the original wilderness lodge, Hilton head and vero beach expire in 2042

csmat99

Possible...but the soonest lease expires in 22 year sand a lot 30-50...

The other option is to allocate non-dvc rooms to clear the backlog.

No one is gonna like it - other Than DVC - but that makes a lot of sense due. Time to pay the hundreds of thousands of pipers.
Oh, I forgot Key west was a 50 year term not 40.

raymusiccity

They would have to extend the deed/lease term. Only way. Yes requires ton of paperwork but only other way would to give back money and we know that isn't happening. To that end has anyone heard what the plan was going to be when Key west original lease term ends? Shouldn't it be coming up?
I would hope a document canvasing all DVC properties could extend their expiration dates, just as they've extended Annual Passes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would hope a document canvasing all DVC properties could extend their expiration dates, just as they've extended Annual Passes.
Wow...aps are one thing...but you’re talking massive amounts of cash and a long time away...

Do I want an 18 month extension on my 2054 end date?

...only if I can get one of the new “casket suites” 🤪

raymusiccity

Wow...aps are one thing...but you’re talking massive amounts of cash and a long time away...

Do I want an 18 month extension on my 2054 end date?

...only if I can get one of the new “casket suites” 🤪
That's my plan. I'm all set to expire when my points do !! ...... ideally sitting out on the porch with a drink in my hand. (one of those fancy ones, with the little umbrella)
download.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom