WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think the parks will reopen in June. But I also think it’s highly unlikely they will be closed for the remainder of 2020. Of course this is why Disney is remaining silent. There truly is no way for anyone including them to know at this point.
I tend to agree...

The problem is not just that they’re waiting on the virus plans of action...

Wdw is in central Florida - not down the street from all customers like great adventure or magic mountain...

Where are the airlines at? How about the rest of Orlando? Do you open up to on property only? For how long?
Then how long do you run with tiny capacity? When do you ramp up?

Hell...I think “virtual queuing” isn’t gonna work. Those parks are built to handle high volume throughput.
Now combine that with significant reductions of offerings outside of the ride queues.

What are they gonna charge for this stuff? It’s gonna suck. Optimism < Realism here.

And we got economics worse than the Great Depression....oh “that little thing?” Who is going to go on vacation June, July, etc? They can’t really have a clue at this point.

I really thought they’d do Florida residents (which they may)...but also DVC. They’ve made it known they are NOT gonna lure DVC. Quite the opposite.

Anyway...after that James Joyce mental exercise...

I think July is absolute earliest...but I kinda feel like September?
And next year is certainly not off the table.

I bet Disney is scared of a fall recurrence more than your average conglomerate.
Tons of variables to balance with no data to direct them.

icc2515

I think there are still a lot of people expect the parks to reopen in June.
Well, Disney is still taking reservations for June, so I would think that it makes perfect sense that 37.5% of the people who took the survey here think that way. This is why I think that Disney needs to be more forthcoming about their plans. If they seriously think that they may be closed for the rest of 2020 then they should at least cancel all reservations thru Aug or Sept and let the people that were going to go for the summer make some new plans.

Jrb1979

Well, Disney is still taking reservations for June, so I would think that it makes perfect sense that 37.5% of the people who took the survey here think that way. This is why I think that Disney needs to be more forthcoming about their plans. If they seriously think that they may be closed for the rest of 2020 then they should at least cancel all reservations thru Aug or Sept and let the people that were going to go for the summer make some new plans.
Its why I think if was a bad idea to encourage June 1st bookings. Through all of this the other park in Orlando has looked much better.

Prince-1

Oh I agree. But there is no way they will be reopening in June.

mhaftman7

There are way too many unknowns to cancel that far out. You probably won’t get update for June/July for 2-3 weeks unless there is a significant update to be made. I’d really like to know what expectations have been given to guests who have booked for June within the last few weeks. Have CMs been advised to be vague with responses?

robhedin

There are way too many unknowns to cancel that far out. You probably won’t get update for June/July for 2-3 weeks unless there is a significant update to be made. I’d really like to know what expectations have been given to guests who have booked for June within the last few weeks. Have CMs been advised to be vague with responses?
Given that they’ll likely need upwards of a couple of weeks to prep things for reopening and that they’ll have to start calling back employees and that they’re blocked by when the states starts lifting restrictions - I suspect they‘ll know if they’re going to have to push the 1 June date by around May 1-4. While they don’t want to be seen as constantly moving the goals, they also need to keep those Valuable customers who have actually committed to coming informed and maintain their good will. If they do move the 1 June date, it will be interesting to see how far they move it.

Getachew

Given that they’ll likely need upwards of a couple of weeks to prep things for reopening and that they’ll have to start calling back employees and that they’re blocked by when the states starts lifting restrictions - I suspect they‘ll know if they’re going to have to push the 1 June date by around May 1-4. While they don’t want to be seen as constantly moving the goals, they also need to keep those Valuable customers who have actually committed to coming informed and maintain their good will. If they do move the 1 June date, it will be interesting to see how far they move it.

Probably July 1 if I had to make a guess.

Getachew

Whoever and wherever all that came from...it’s completely rogue

Yeah...this is bus driver caliber

In chess, the queen controls the strategy on the board...not the pawns

You have another poster on that forum claiming based on a "source", that Disney will have at least 3 parks open on June 1st. It seems to me that in order to get everyone fired up, someone claims they have a "source", and then makes the claim of Disney opening up as soon as possible.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You have another poster on that forum claiming based on a "source", that Disney will have at least 3 parks open on June 1st. It seems to me that in order to get everyone fired up, someone claims they have a "source", and then makes the claim of Disney opening up as soon as possible.
“Sources” with little existence have been quoted on forums since the 14.4K modem

peter11435

However people that are looking to make money off things are ALWAYS overoptimistic on their prospects and timeframes to make money...101% of the time
Yes, but it depends on their perspective. Their are others that make money off being overpessimistic on their prospects and timelines. Which is why you can’t trust anyone’s predictions and analysis. Everyone has an agenda.

carolina_yankee

They’ve put restrictions on DVC point use that alters the ease of booking for the next year or more

Not really. It actually allows people whose vacations were canceled to have a chance to book and come back in the coming year, and any DVC member with points to book in the coming year if they don't need to borrow more than 50% of their future points to do so.

That's the vast majority of DVC members.

The restriction on borrowing more than 50% of points in a contract is to match predicted demand (increased due to re-animating zombie points) with predicted availability (increased for zombie point users by reducing future borrowing by 50%) - the resorts will still be mostly fully booked.

Disney will have a *huge mess* on its hand if they open one single resort without allowing DVC members to return. Indeed, interfering with our right to enjoy our contracts would be illegal. Eliminating banking/borrowing is not - that's part of the Public Offering Statement and every purchaser signed paperwork stating they had received that information. Any DVC member with points available to use can book, and if Disney is open, then book we shall (understanding limited offerings, physical distancing and all the rest).

Dirk

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not really. It actually allows people whose vacations were canceled to have a chance to book and come back in the coming year, and any DVC member with points to book in the coming year if they don't need to borrow more than 50% of their future points to do so.

That's the vast majority of DVC members.

The restriction on borrowing more than 50% of points in a contract is to match predicted demand (increased due to re-animating zombie points) with predicted availability (increased for zombie point users by reducing future borrowing by 50%) - the resorts will still be mostly fully booked.

Disney will have a *huge mess* on its hand if they open one single resort without allowing DVC members to return. Indeed, interfering with our right to enjoy our contracts would be illegal. Eliminating banking/borrowing is not - that's part of the Public Offering Statement and every purchaser signed paperwork stating they had received that information. Any DVC member with points available to use can book, and if Disney is open, then book we shall (understanding limited offerings, physical distancing and all the rest).

Dirk
That’s all great...

But in the end it puts a restriction on future use. DVC is perfectly in their rights to do this...in the frame of longterm business/satisfaction...I wouldn’t have done it.

It is what it is.

It doesn’t personally affect me...it just makes it look cheap. They look liked the overbooked, mass produced vacation factory they always claim not to be as they turn the screws.

About 3 really awful looking moves in the last few years...maybe more than I’m forgetting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom