WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovetotravel1977

If they only allow resort guests to enter the parks, they would know how many guests could be at the parks. They could cap the number of guests at each park for each day. Or even say, value resort guests are going to MK on Mondays, Mods are at MK Tuesdays, Deluxe at MK on Wednesdays, etc

I'm obviously reaching here, but just voicing some possible ideas.

I have a trip planned for December and I REALLY want to go! That is if the Canadian/US border is even open to leisure travel.

CLEtoWDW

If they only allow resort guests to enter the parks, they would know how many guests could be at the parks. They could cap the number of guests at each park for each day. Or even say, value resort guests are going to MK on Mondays, Mods are at MK Tuesdays, Deluxe at MK on Wednesdays, etc

I'm obviously reaching here, but just voicing some possible ideas.

I have a trip planned for December and I REALLY want to go! That is if the Canadian/US border is even open to leisure travel.
Resort guests only attendance means both crowd control and absolute peak profitability per guest. I have a feeling this will be the operating procedure for the majority of the summer and perhaps into the fall. And before the locals throw rotten tomatoes at me... there’s always the option to nab a room at one of the value resorts if you are really Jonesing for some park time.

ilovetotravel1977

Resort guests only attendance means both crowd control and absolute peak profitability per guest. I have a feeling this will be the operating procedure for the majority of the summer and perhaps into the fall. And before the locals throw rotten tomatoes at me... there’s always the option to nab a room at one of the value resorts if you are really Jonesing for some park time.

So, are you agreeing with me on my statement of resort-only guests attendance?

icc2515

Resort guests only attendance means both crowd control and absolute peak profitability per guest.

What are they going to do about DVC guests. Virtually no profit from them. Most have discounted AP's full kitchens in their room for meals and none of them are paying a penny for their room right now as the rooms were paid for when they bought their points.

CLEtoWDW

What are they going to do about DVC guests. Virtually no profit from them. Most have discounted AP's full kitchens in their room for meals and none of them are paying a penny for their room right now as the rooms were paid for when they bought their points.
True that the daily profitability of DVC guests is probably fairly low however don’t forget that they pay annual dues on their points.

Chicagoshannon2

They can't let only resort guests into the parks without extending AP's even longer. They already have to add over 30 days to existing passholders. I doubt they want to add more.

I call June for opening. It seems Florida is already entering phase 1 of opening things up. If it goes well then in 14 days they'll enter phase 2, 14 more days into phase 3 and opening the theme parks. So minimum (if they're even following the federal guidelines) they could open in 28 days.

ToTBellHop

They can't let only resort guests into the parks without extending AP's even longer. They already have to add over 30 days to existing passholders. I doubt they want to add more.

I call June for opening. It seems Florida is already entering phase 1 of opening things up. If it goes well then in 14 days they'll enter phase 2, 14 more days into phase 3 and opening the theme parks. So minimum (if they're even following the federal guidelines) they could open in 28 days.
Extending APs if it allows resorts to open and guests to be screened there is a drop in the bucket for Disney. Universal is considering the same. These efforts will align with screening at the airport.

Herdman

The key will be when Florida enters phase 3 and what exactly are "limited" social distancing procedures as outlined in Phase 3. Does that mean only Florida residents? Only Disney resort guests? and exactly how many can be in the parks to satisfy "limited" social distancing?

Chicagoshannon2

Extending APs if it allows resorts to open and guests to be screened there is a drop in the bucket for Disney. Universal is considering the same. These efforts will align with screening at the airport.
IF they were to open up in stages, I would think they would open to local AP holders first since then they wouldn't be importing any potential virus from other states.

In any case I see a possibility of opening in 28 days. Not sayting that will for sure happen but it COULD happen.

Getachew

IF they were to open up in stages, I would think they would open to local AP holders first since then they wouldn't be importing any potential virus from other states.

In any case I see a possibility of opening in 28 days. Not sayting that will for sure happen but it COULD happen.

Unlikely considering they just furloughed most of their workers. Would make no sense to furlough all of them, enroll them in unemployment (which is taking a long time) to then bring them back in a few weeks.

Chicagoshannon2

Unlikely considering they just furloughed most of their workers. Would make no sense to furlough all of them, enroll them in unemployment (which is taking a long time) to then bring them back in a few weeks.
If that is what they are thinking then why accept reservation starting June 1. It's not like it's hard to get workers back. They're just hanging out in their apartment. It takes one phone call especially with the unemployment debacle the way it is. If I can't even attempt to get unemployment and my employer calls and says "hey Jimmy, we're going to open the park next week can you be here". I'm gonna say you bet!

Getachew

If that is what they are thinking then why accept reservation starting June 1. It's not like it's hard to get workers back. They're just hanging out in their apartment. It takes one phone call especially with the unemployment debacle the way it is. If I can't even attempt to get unemployment and my employer calls and says "hey Jimmy, we're going to open the park next week can you be here". I'm gonna say you bet!

you think it will only take a week to get everything back up and running, especially with all these new restrictions likely to be put into place? Even if what you're saying is true, they would only open 1 park at most first to test the waters.

peter11435

you think it will only take a week to get everything back up and running, especially with all these new restrictions likely to be put into place? Even if what you're saying is true, they would only open 1 park at most first to test the waters.
They have been planning scenarios for how to deal with new restrictions since before the parks closed. They are currently anticipating approximately one week being needed to reopen. This would obviously not be reopening everything.

peter11435

Furloughed cast can be recalled when ever necessary. Having them furloughed saves the company 10’s of millions per week. So it makes a lot of sense to do it even if for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom