WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herdman

They have been planning scenarios for how to deal with new restrictions since before the parks closed. They are currently anticipating approximately one week being needed to reopen. This would obviously not be reopening everything.
Are they charging full price for this promotion for June 1st - September 30th for people that have had their trips cancelled? If so, how are they going to reconcile telling someone that only Disney Springs is going to be open, or only 1 park, if they are booked for the first half of June? And what about the people who have already had a June trip booked for a year? It's going to be interesting to see how they sort it all out.

Getachew

They have been planning scenarios for how to deal with new restrictions since before the parks closed. They are currently anticipating approximately one week being needed to reopen. This would obviously not be reopening everything.

How do you know this?

Getachew

Furloughed cast can be recalled when ever necessary. Having them furloughed saves the company 10’s of millions per week. So it makes a lot of sense to do it even if for a short time.

I just doubt they would furlough everyone and specifically enroll them all in unemployment if they were planning to be open in just a few weeks. I assume they would have said something already about opening soon. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

peter11435

I just doubt they would furlough everyone and specifically enroll them all in unemployment if they were planning to be open in just a few weeks. I assume they would have said something already about opening soon. Just my two cents.
At this point they don’t know Exactly when they will be reopening. It could be a month it could be 6 months. They aren’t going to continually spend 10s or millions per week until they figure that out. Even if they started recalling some cast in a couple weeks (I don’t anticipate it being that soon) it will still be worth the millions saved.

Getachew

At this point they don’t know Exactly when they will be reopening. It could be a month it could be 6 months. They aren’t going to continually spend 10s or millions per week until they figure that out. Even if they started recalling some cast in a couple weeks (I don’t anticipate it being that soon) it will still be worth the millions saved.

You're right, which is why I don't believe they will be opening in "28 days" like another poster said, or we'd have heard something already, IMO. At most maybe by early June I could see some cast members unfurloughed specifically for Disney Springs, which will be the test run, IMO. Universal is already closed to at least June 1st, I don't see Disney opening up before them, but who knows.

Disney Analyst

Did anyone see the tweets about the universal survey going around? May give an idea what parks are considering in how to reopen..

peter11435

You're right, which is why I don't believe they will be opening in "28 days" like another poster said, or we'd have heard something already, IMO. At most maybe by early June I could see some cast members unfurloughed specifically for Disney Springs, which will be the test run, IMO. Universal is already closed to at least June 1st, I don't see Disney opening up before them, but who knows.
I don’t believe Disney will reopen in 28 days. However I also don’t believe we would have heard something even if they were. Cast will likely not be brought back or even notified much more than 1-2 weeks prior. I wouldn’t expect more than a couple weeks notice at most. Probably less.

Getachew

I don’t believe Disney will reopen in 28 days. However I also don’t believe we would have heard something even if they were. Cast will likely not be brought back or even notified much more than 1-2 weeks prior. I wouldn’t expect more than a couple weeks notice at most. Probably less.

I would expect two weeks just incase, maybe sooner through "inside sources".

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Speaking of preparing.. The buses in MK's parking lot are getting a health check this week..
I see buses as a huge problem in a situation where you’re worried about spread by contact
If they only allow resort guests to enter the parks, they would know how many guests could be at the parks. They could cap the number of guests at each park for each day. Or even say, value resort guests are going to MK on Mondays, Mods are at MK Tuesdays, Deluxe at MK on Wednesdays, etc

I'm obviously reaching here, but just voicing some possible ideas.

I have a trip planned for December and I REALLY want to go! That is if the Canadian/US border is even open to leisure travel.
I can definitely see on-property only to control where the people are coming from...however the “you can go here on which day” won’t sell much...that’s probably a bridge too far.
Resort guests only attendance means both crowd control and absolute peak profitability per guest. I have a feeling this will be the operating procedure for the majority of the summer and perhaps into the fall. And before the locals throw rotten tomatoes at me... there’s always the option to nab a room at one of the value resorts if you are really Jonesing for some park time.
What summer?
What are they going to do about DVC guests. Virtually no profit from them. Most have discounted AP's full kitchens in their room for meals and none of them are paying a penny for their room right now as the rooms were paid for when they bought their points.
DVC is a huge problem...like really huge for the seller and the buyer..more to follow.
They can't let only resort guests into the parks without extending AP's even longer. They already have to add over 30 days to existing passholders. I doubt they want to add more.

I call June for opening. It seems Florida is already entering phase 1 of opening things up. If it goes well then in 14 days they'll enter phase 2, 14 more days into phase 3 and opening the theme parks. So minimum (if they're even following the federal guidelines) they could open in 28 days.
There aren’t that many annual passes. They’ll extend them because it’s easy business to get back...gonna take a lot more than that

seascape

I see buses as a huge problem in a situation where you’re worried about spread by contact

I can definitely see on-property only to control where the people are coming from...however the “you can go here on which day” won’t sell much...that’s probably a bridge too far.

What summer?

DVC is a huge problem...like really huge for the seller and the buyer..more to follow.

There aren’t that many annual passes. They’ll extend them because it’s easy business to get back...gonna take a lot more than that
DVC is not a problem for Disney. It actually puts them at a great advantage over Universal. Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Copper Creek, Wilderness Lodge Villas, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, The Villas at Grand Floridian and The Riviera are going to be full because people have to use their points or lose them. They can also allow some members to stay at moderate without the extra cost to help fill up those resorts.

PREMiERdrum

Are they charging full price for this promotion for June 1st - September 30th for people that have had their trips cancelled? If so, how are they going to reconcile telling someone that only Disney Springs is going to be open, or only 1 park, if they are booked for the first half of June? And what about the people who have already had a June trip booked for a year? It's going to be interesting to see how they sort it all out.

Guests whose vacations were canceled can currently book a new reservation with Free Dining for any stay checking in June thru September.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DVC is not a problem for Disney. It actually puts them at a great advantage over Universal. Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Copper Creek, Wilderness Lodge Villas, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, The Villas at Grand Floridian and The Riviera are going to be full because people have to use their points or lose them. They can also allow some members to stay at moderate without the extra cost to help fill up those resorts.
You’re not following here...

The DVC formula requires for people to constantly use their points in real time for the mechanism to work.

They can’t have a disruption...and they can’t have everyone bank.

They have a big numbers/logistics issue brewing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom