WDW Pictures of Crowds

dclfan

World Showcase at about 3pm in Sept of 2010

DSC_0272.jpg

Because of Hurricane Irene all flights from NYC were cancelled and out August vacation was pushed back to September and the crowds looked much like this, we were shocked. At the time we were angry, but now looked at out delayed trip as ablessing. It was wonderful having the parks to ourselves and decided to trvael back in september from now on.

I'm not sure. We got there later in the day (like 4pm or so), never left Main Street and Tomorrowland because it was just too crowded to get anywhere, ate a burger, took some pics then basically found a spot on Main Street and waited for fireworks. (Which, for the perimeter show of the 4th, Main Street was an awful viewing location. Too boxed in.)

Aweome picture! Love it!! :)

draybook

I think I like the pics of no crowds! Those Sept dates keep popping up. Though I heard this Sept was a little different??

Yes, this September was VERY different. There were almost NO walk ons on most rides and even IASW had 20 minute wait times, very unusual for that time of year.

rct247

167750_691995478923_57208877_37175454_8138578_n.jpg

^^ December 31, 2010/January 1, 2011 (New Year's Eve...after midnight fireworks...if I remember correctly...these people were all at a standstill too)

Larry Mondello

I noticed this too, and find it odd.... Regardless of the crowds, I don't think you could SLAP the smile off my face while I'm at my most favorite place on earth! :)

WOW I'm glad somebody brought that up. I also made that observation several years ago while looking at personal vacation pictures and videos that included the crowd. No one is smiling. They all look like they are at work. The only time they smile is when they are posing for a picture.

draybook

I was thinking of moving our trip up to the week of September 10. Any idea what the crowds might be like? Would love to go when the crowds look like this.

That's what it usually looks like during mid September. This year seems to have been a fluke.

Tom Morrow

It really is a shame that the only time so many people see WDW is when its jam packed. That almost always leaves a huge negative impact on their impression of WDW.

G00fyDad

O......M......G!!! I knew December was busy but good lord that is ridiculous. I'm not claustrophobic but wow. Those crowds would drive me insane. But those pictures of September remind me exactly why I love that time of the year. :) I suppose it's a good thing that the hosptial my wife works at refuses any November/December vacations. I'm having a hard time breathing looking at those pictures.

September 2010

September 2010

Todd H

That's what it usually looks like during mid September. This year seems to have been a fluke.

Awesome! Thanks.

O......M......G!!! I knew December was busy but good lord that is ridiculous. I'm not claustrophobic but wow. Those crowds would drive me insane. But those pictures of September remind me exactly why I love that time of the year. :) I suppose it's a good thing that the hosptial my wife works at refuses any November/December vacations. I'm having a hard time breathing looking at those pictures.

We went during Thanksgiving and while the GAC helped (my son and I have Aspergers), it was still stressful for us. Told my wife we would never go during peak season again.

Timekeeper

In the future debates, the current term Pres should just show a PowerPoint with these photos in response to any allegations of a recession.

Look at these photos. Recession? What recession? :shrug:

:brick:

Minnie1976

Original Poster
Not something you see when the park is not over crowded -

monorail_lawn_nappers.jpg
In all the times I've been to Disney I've never seen anything like it. I can't say I understand it. If you are that tired, go back to room and go to sleep or relax. One person looks like he forgot where he was and thought it was the beach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom