WDW Pictures from the 80's

Minnie1976

Original Poster
I think this is 1985. No crowds around the character.

19840306MIkeywithcharacterScan2314.jpg

michael.fumc

I love threads like this!

Here's some pics from my first trip in 1986. I'm the adorable, 5-year old girl with the annoying hat (ever since I was a kid, the sun gets to me...I still have to wear a hat, and I'm 30!):

I wish they still offered this...people still talk about this photo (everyone thinks the pirate is a real person, lol)
001_1_1.jpg

I'm in the camp that misses the lush trees around the hub:
002_2_2.jpg

Space Chip and Dale:
017_17_2.jpg

Somehow, a pinwheel on his head makes Pluto futuristic :ROFLOL:
012_12_2.jpg

My mom had really poor vision in the 80s, and got lost in the dark caves on TSL. My dad left her in there and some nice man had to help her out. She still won't go back. In this pic she still looks a little bit miffed about it, lol:
011_11_2.jpg

Looking tired:
009_9_2.jpg

And rainbows are apparently futuristic too, lol...but, I LOVED meeting EPCOT versions of characters, and wish they would bring them back (saw some newer ones in 2006, but haven't since):
008_8_2.jpg

This looks like the nice path from Frontierland to Liberty Square, but I'm not sure:
005_5_2.jpg
I love these!! You know my favorite part of group pictures from the 70s,80's, and 90's, that we don't have is pictures when not everyone is looking at the camera, of eyes closed, or not even having everyone in the shot, digital pictures are great because you can take as many as you need until you get the right shot, looking at these pictures reminds me of how hard it was to get these shots.

Moonrayvin

View attachment 46518 1984 My brother and I just got through shooting in the towers. (yes there used to be guns that shot air and made noises!)

Just got back 1 month ago... We were at TSI in the Fort and were letting our daughters run around unattended (5 and 2) when the 2 yo disappeared longer than usual... had to get the 5 yo to show us where she was and she was holed up in one of the towers giggling devilishly shooting at BTMR... LOL! Funniest thing ever, she did not want to leave :hilarious:

Moonrayvin

My parents are coming for a visit soon and I keep begging them to find our old photo album from November 1989 visit... until then, I hope more people post pics!! I, as well, keep looking for my family in the background ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom