WDW Pictures from the 80's

Minnie1976

Original Poster
1982 World Showcase

19821103DWItalianCharactersChuckampMikeyScan1676.jpg

chuckd3

Little known trivia. When EPCOT opened Disney wanted no mention of characters or classic Disney in EPCOT. The real trivia is that the only place you could find any mention of any Disney character in EPCOT was on the storm drain covers, there was a Mickey Mouse face!

Mad Stitch

Little known trivia. When EPCOT opened Disney wanted no mention of characters or classic Disney in EPCOT. The real trivia is that the only place you could find any mention of any Disney character in EPCOT was on the storm drain covers, there was a Mickey Mouse face!

I've also heard that is what started the Hidden Mickeys.

Dragonrider1227

I love threads like this!

Here's some pics from my first trip in 1986. I'm the adorable, 5-year old girl with the annoying hat (ever since I was a kid, the sun gets to me...I still have to wear a hat, and I'm 30!):

I wish they still offered this...people still talk about this photo (everyone thinks the pirate is a real person, lol)
001_1_1.jpg

OH MY GOD THAT'S SO COOL! I'm pretty surprised they didn't do something like this back when Pirates 2 came out and they were all pirate crazy.

And rainbows are apparently futuristic too, lol...but, I LOVED meeting EPCOT versions of characters, and wish they would bring them back (saw some newer ones in 2006, but haven't since):
008_8_2.jpg
You think maybe they based Captain Eo's costume on this?

Disney_Dad88

Thanks a lot to everybody posting these pics. I wasn't born until 1988 and I'm a 90's kid, but its cool to see all of these pics of how things were, some before I was even born. Keep em coming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom