WDW Pictures from the 80's

dixiegirl

All I can say is Thanks for posting such great pics!!! Such a great trip downmemory lane!! Somethings I remember, some not so much. Went for the first time in 1986 and can't say I remember a whole lot I was 10 at the time ....And did'nt get to go back until 10yrs later for my honeymoon! And even now 16yrs after that, and we go back every yr its just amazing how much things have changed!! I like how some things have evolved , and other things like many other fans, not so much! But these pics, there're fantastic, gotta get some of mine up there from my trip in 86!

Minnie1976

Original Poster
1988 Grand Floridian
IMG_00042.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
If anyone wants me to freshen up their photos, make them look less discolored, I love playing around with photoshop.

Send me a PM if you want me to make them look better!

midwest_mice

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday, so I posted this pic on my blog:

mom-wdw84b.jpg

This is 1984. That's my Mom in front of the Castle. (And yes, that's me crouched down to the left but I have no clue why!)
Is it me, or have they given the castle better paint jobs now? Or is it that the resolution of the older photos didn't capture the blue on the terrets as good?

ExtinctJenn

I suspect it's a little bit of both. :)
Back a few years ago they repainted the castle and the turrets on it... the castle looked pink in fact and ther were some odd blue lines added to the tops. It was very very odd but I suspect it was done to fade into what it is now or something.

MissM

Back a few years ago they repainted the castle and the turrets on it... the castle looked pink in fact and ther were some odd blue lines added to the tops. It was very very odd but I suspect it was done to fade into what it is now or something.
Yeah the paint job they did a few years back initially looked a bit odd. But the "pinkish" tone seems to have mellowed out in the Florida sun. The blue stripes are still visible however.

I think the color wonkiness in my 1984 picture is a combination of old/aged photo print and a slightly different color scheme in 1984 vs today. It might not have actually looked quite so washed out in person though; hard to say for certain.

Minnie1976

Original Poster
Gotta like the hiked up shorts and socks! Why wear shorts if you pulled your socks so high??!!!
It may have been the style back then. I remember my kids wearing shorts with high socks. At Disney though I still see adults wearing high socks with sandals and shorts. HA!HA! I guess they are stuck in the 80's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom