WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccmuffin2

005_5.JPG

Once in a Lifetime shot here ... See the Balloons on the Lamp Posts -- Red Sox won the World Series .
But I think I like the Balloons for sale is the reason I really like this shot . I wish they had the Rubber Mickey Head Balloons for sale like when I was a kid.

Nicole220

Why will DCA look different in 10 years?Will they finally have a cantral icon?
Did you hear about the 1 billion dollars Disney gave to help DCA? Over the next decade, they will be "remodeling" the park, land by land, adding new rides, tearing some down.

Not a whole lot is known right now. All I know is that they are definitely planning on tearing the entrance down. The last I heard, they were planning on taking the Golden Gate Bridge down and theming it (the entrance) to the 20's/30's Los Angeles.

Ringo8n24

Does anyone know if these Captain Jack's are paid better than other character entertainers? It seems they interact a lot more, and they all CLOSELY resemble Depp's character...

It seemed to me that the Captain Jack character at WDW is like the popular quarterback in high school. All of the female cast members were running out of the stores and from their assigned work area to wave to and be seen when the Captain Jack float went by. I thought it was funny because it reminded me of high school with the popular guy around. I imagined that is how it would be to be a fellow cast member with him around. He would be very popular with the ladies. :kiss: ;)

DocAudio

OMG! They show up on camera? How did you take this picture??

I took the pic with a Canon Rebel XTi on full manual control with 1600 ISO, manual focus, and shutter speed of 1/30 or 1/40 (can't remember) and no flash as I do with 99% of my pics because it makes for more natural color tones. Not all of my shots are manual focus or manual shutter...every once in a while I will let the camera do the work. I really like this camera, I have been impressed with its picture quality and options.

Nicole220

I took the pic with a Canon Rebel XTi on full manual control with 1600 ISO, manual focus, and shutter speed of 1/30 or 1/40 (can't remember) and no flash as I do with 99% of my pics because it makes for more natural color tones. Not all of my shots are manual focus or manual shutter...every once in a while I will let the camera do the work. I really like this camera, I have been impressed with its picture quality and options.
Oooo, thanks for the info! I have a Canon Rebel XTi and am still learning how to use it.

Gorjus

It seemed to me that the Captain Jack character at WDW is like the popular quarterback in high school. All of the female cast members were running out of the stores and from their assigned work area to wave to and be seen when the Captain Jack float went by. I thought it was funny because it reminded me of high school with the popular guy around. I imagined that is how it would be to be a fellow cast member with him around. He would be very popular with the ladies. :kiss: ;)

It sounds nice, but the reality is better and not as wonderful as that. Captain Jack and Cinderella are the two face characters that wander the tunnels the most dressed from head to toe. People look because it is a beautiful sight, but don't ooh and aah and go nuts. That is the not as wonderful reality.

However, during the Pirate and Princess Parade, a lot of cast members will come out and watch. It is something different we don't see everyday, so we get excited. And so as to be part of the show, we will root and cheer and get all excited over everything. It is fun, it is a good show, and Jack has shown, in the previous versions of the P&P party, that he will bow and flirt, from his float, with cast members who help him put on a good show. The great thing about the P&P party parade is that there are plenty of empty spaces, so instead of our characters looking out over a sea of people, they can really see individual groups.

And you know, even as a cast member, when a character looks right at you during a parade and waves at you, it makes you feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom