WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven

SMRT-1 from Communicore at EPCOT Center back in the Summer of 1983 taken with a Kodak Disc Camera
389847931_3c526181fe_o.jpg

OMG I remember this robot! I was about 10 years old and my brother also had one of those Kodak Disc Cameras. The film looked like a Viewmaster reel. Good memories! :wave:

disney9752

Here are some pictures I recently found from my first WDW visit in '87.

epcot87pb5.jpg

EPCOT

mkparade87no3.jpg

Magic Kindom parade. Hey that one float looks familiar :ROFLOL:

wdw87lx8.jpg

Another of the parade and one of the castle. At least part of it anyway.

yes, disney has been using that blasted "castle float" in almost every parade since the 15 years parade, so for anyone seing a daytime parade in the last 21 years or so it probably does look familiar, they cute riverboat float has made various appearances along the way also, was only christmas & easter for a while, but has been fairly year round last 4-5 years it seems.:veryconfu

jeffb

OMG I remember this robot! I was about 10 years old and my brother also had one of those Kodak Disc Cameras. The film looked like a Viewmaster reel. Good memories! :wave:

SMRT-1 was one my favorites from Communicore along with "Computer A Coaster" where you designed and then virtually road the coaster on a video screen.

Yup, the disc film did look like a viewmaster reel, unfortunately each of those negatives were so small and therefore produced pretty poor picture quality when printed at 4X6 or larger (very grainy).

diddy_mouse

In one of the previous posts I noticed that Dumbo was on a parade float! That's pretty cool...I didn't know he was in a parade back then.

maharet97a

In one of the previous posts I noticed that Dumbo was on a parade float! That's pretty cool...I didn't know he was in a parade back then.

That was from my first trip in November of 1987. They were still celebrating WDW's 15th Anniversary. I'm still looking for more pictures from that trip to see who else we encountered on that trip that are hard to find these days. My memory is a bit fuzzy. I do however remember them giving out prizes as you went through the turnstiles. Things like free popcorn and pins. My dad still has a SSE pin somewhere that we got on that trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom