WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibblesandbits

MaXXimus said:
DSC00300.jpg

so cute! :D

Mimi

Hi everyone. I have been reading the boards for a couple years now. THis is my first post!!

Anyway, anyone know what the thing is walking down the street, waving, behind Mickey and the band? I am trying to figure it out but am having no luck! :shrug:

Aww! Poor Pluto!! :lol:

Gorjus

...[SIZE=-1]Annette Funicello?[/SIZE]

Annette Funicello/A Net Full a Jello:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Is that the intended Disney pun or are you very witty? I haven't noticed this at Muppets before?

I noticed that:
a) there is no one overweight in the crowd

and

b) they are all wearing long pants, light jackets, and sweaters, and as you point out, it is well before xmas... I don't see a single person in shorts.

I was down last January, there was one day out of 7 that you could wear long pants.

This photo has soooo much to tell us.

**I hadn't noticed the fact that there is no one overweight in the crowd. Excellent observation. The man in green isn't obese. He is well built, just bigger than the rest. Back in the 70's there weren't as many ways to expend less calories than you intake. Or perhaps isn't wasn't as social acceptable to come out in public if you had expended less calories than you intook.

**fngoofy, were you vacationing from the north? There were plenty of cold days this January. I don't think I wore shorts 3 times between November and March. And since WDW was just beginning in '72, the nation wasn't making it an annual pilgrimage yet. I'm guessing many were Floridians in the photo.

**Ah ha! so many of us were quite wrong. In the early days you could see cranes during they day. Jeff, any idea the date on this photo? My guess is it was the day before Thanksgiving. Because back in the day, they didn't take a month to transform the place. It was done in a day or two; mind you they only had a few places to transform.

**I still have a shopping bag with handles from '75 or 77'. The Mickey on it is older. I keep it for an investment.

**Mickey had to walk the whole parade!!!!!

**The parade went in the other direction around the hub. Back then it went clockwise, now it runs counter clockwise.

**And you are correct, there aren't alot of children or strollers.

Amazing photo in hindsight.

Test Track

566138155_7d8ad713a0_b.jpg

Do you mind if I ask what camera you are using and your settings? This picture is quite sharp. Is it an slr, an slr wannabe, or a point and shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom