WDW Picture of the Day Thread (Part 5)

°O°Joe

Gotta agree, nice one, Joe! This one really cries out for B&W.

Thanks KeeKee... I'm actually a bigger fan of black and white photography. I don't know why I don't do it more often. Probably because WDW is such a colorful world, that I practically have to force myself not to show those beautiful colors. This shot for example - SE looked so beautifully colored, but the sky was just horrible. I'm thinking it was because of the high ISO (1000) paired with a 30 sec exposure and it was just over exposed.

KeeKee

Thanks KeeKee... I'm actually a bigger fan of black and white photography. I don't know why I don't do it more often. Probably because WDW is such a colorful world, that I practically have to force myself not to show those beautiful colors. This shot for example - SE looked so beautifully colored, but the sky was just horrible. I'm thinking it was because of the high ISO (1000) paired with a 30 sec exposure and it was just over exposed.

It is amazing how some images that don't look salvageable in color really lend themselves to B&W. I was a huge fan of B&W back in the print days when I developed and printed my own stuff. Too lazy for that now...with Photoshop...but at least I don't smell of chemicals any more...

KeeKee

PB291796.jpg

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Good news--I was able to recover the images I had somehow lost, so I will be able to post some of those pictures. For today, as promised, here is a picture of Canada's Storyteller:

Clicking the image takes you to its Flickr page, where you can download this image, navigate to others, and do many other things! Have a great weekend, everyone! :wave:

Gorjus

The Dole Whip photo was hysterical.

Figment, Did you take this photo as the lumberjack was arriving or leaving? I ask because when I saw you, he was just arriving and you were just arriving as well. That meant you didn't have time to think about your camera settings that much. That shot came out great.

wannabeBelle

Ha, it didn't cause any issues. I guess I should have written that in a more 'jesting' manner. No worries! :wave:

A few weeks back, I inquired about people's interest in WDW Calendars. Well, to those who PM'd me here or on Flickr, those calendars are now available. Clicking today's Flickr image (below) will provide a link (in the image caption. There is also a link in my signature here.

Now for today's picture--Main St. USA:

WOW, just WOW!!!!!!!!! May I use this as my background for my home computer?? Thanks in advance!!! Belle

Jekyll_Baker

One for today... converted to black and white as the color of the sky was puke and added "real" film grain as a hard light layer to get rid of some ugly jpeg artifact banding in the sky. I really liked the end result:

Great pic Joe! You're right, B&W does this shot absolute justice. I also love your silhouette shot of the Partners statue:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom