WDW Picture of the Day Thread (Part 5)

tcwickings

Thanks for the props on the pics. I am really enjoying the camera. You're not doing so bad yourself.

DonSullivan, KeeKee, Figment, JeffB - Great Shots!

Figment -Did you enjoy POP as much as I did? It was pretty cool.

Mine for today.

Click the photo to continue to the flickr page.
wow, now thats a postcard shot

Big Ben

The Roy O. Disney, backstage at the roundhouse.

DSCF4626.jpg

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Figment -Did you enjoy POP as much as I did? It was pretty cool.

I actually commented a bit on this in the caption to that shot on Flickr, but yeah, we enjoyed it. We were only in WDW for four days, and the only time we were there was to sleep, so we didn't have time to take it all in, but I appreciate it for what it is. That said, we had been really spoiled on our previous summer trips, during which we had stayed at Saratoga Springs in 1BR rooms. I appreciate each of the Disney resorts for its own unique theming (whether that be over-the-top Disney fun, or subdued Upstate New York atmosphere), though!

Tater48

Thanks Zack! I like your pic of Star Tours, although it really bums me out they put that stage right there. It was a Much Better pic before the stage was there.

Here's another of my recent shots for you.

Click the photo to go to the flickr page.

Beautiful shot, Cooleo. If you don't mind my asking, what Camera are you shooting with?

cooleo

I love the singing in the rain shot!

Great Singin' in the Rain picture Cooleo!

wow, now thats a postcard shot

Beautiful shot, Cooleo. If you don't mind my asking, what Camera are you shooting with?

Thanks to all of you for the comments about my photos. I am glad you all like them.

Tater48 - I am using a Canon 40D with a 17-85mm, f4-5.6, IS Lens. I also have a 70-300mm, 4-5.6, IS that I did not use at all during my Disney trip. I chose to stick with the wider angle lens since there is so much to capture & I didn't want to miss anything. I am working towards a Great Lens that I can't wait to get my hands on: Canon 70-200mm, f2.8, IS

Here is my shot for today:

Click the photo to be taken directly to it's flickr page.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
2645_1107950103468_1368293280_299629_4501377_n.jpg

If anyone has any suggetions on Fantasmic settings, I'm listening. This one is ok because Mickey stood still, but Ariel and Belle didn't cooperate as well. I'll post some in a few days. Any tips, let me know.

Shutter: 1/60 - 1/100
Aperture: as wide open as you can go (f/1.4 - f/5.6)
ISO: 800 - 3200

My ideal settings are 1/100, f/1.4, ISO 800.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Okay, here are the Firefox add-ons that make Flickr easier to use.

First, install Greasemonkey. Greasemonkey allows you to alter bits of javascript within Firefox.

Restart the browser.

Next, for easily posting pictures in forums, install All Sizes + by going to this page, and clicking #3 that says "Install AllSizes+".

Now, go to your photo's page, and click the "All Sizes" button above the image. Instead of taking you to the typical all sizes page, a little pop-up will appear. You can play with this popup to determine all of the features, but for the purpose of posting here easily, click "large" at the top, and "[]" on the top right (that button toggles between BB Code and HTML, so if it's "<>" don't click anything - you will use the HTML to post to Flickr groups, and the BB Code to post here).

Copy the BB Code, and paste in this thread. Viola, you now have a picture that links to your Flickr page.

All of that may sound difficult, but it's much much easier than copying the image, then linking the copied image everytime you want to post an image.

For other awesome Flickr hacks (I use about 15 different ones), see the Flickr Group: Flickr Hacks.

I know I have a string of consecutive posts going now, but I know a lot of you have recently joined Flickr, so I thought I would "bump" this information. It might be helpful to you. These instructions enable you to EASILY link each picture you post back to Flickr (people will be able to click your pictures to go to each image's Flickr page).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom