WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWFigment

Yes, the reflections were an intentional twist-of-fate. My wife and I were in a hurry to get back to the World Showcase for dinner and we were rushing by Spaceship Earth when I spied this balloon tied to a stroller. I was immediately taken by the beauty of it combined with the reflection of the geosphere.

When I looked at the photo, I really liked the combination of something that is so common (the balloon) that you just tune it out for your vacation taking on this artistic quality. It's really odd... it was kind of my American Beauty moment where the most common object holds an inner beauty.

I then proceeded to run around and take pictures of balloons like crazy for the remainder of the vacation.

The last day of my vacation we even purchased a couple of balloons and posed them in from of the Castle. The best part was the look on the child's face we gave the balloons to after we were done. Maybe that's why I like this picture so much.

Feel free to use any of my pics has wallpaper. I can post larger sizes out to my album if you'd like. Click here for embiggened sizes:

http://picasaweb.google.com/JediMasterMatt1972/DisneyWallpapers#

Wow, I didn't even notice the reflection the first time, I was just impressed by the depth of field. That makes a great shot even better!

P9060965.jpg

Great shot (but, where is it?)!

Here is mine for the day:

Clicking on the picture will take you to its Flickr page where you can download a full size copy of the image. See the Flickr link in my signature for the rest of my August 2008 shots (thus far).

KeeKee

Wow, I didn't even notice the reflection the first time, I was just impressed by the depth of field. That makes a great shot even better!

Great shot (but, where is it?)!

Here is mine for the day:

Clicking on the picture will take you to its Flickr page where you can download a full size copy of the image. See the Flickr link in my signature for the rest of my August 2008 shots (thus far).

Beautiful, beautiful shot of Imagination!

Mine was from the library area of the perfume shop (the name escapes me at the moment) in France.

Scott75

The last day of my vacation we even purchased a couple of balloons and posed them in from of the Castle. The best part was the look on the child's face we gave the balloons to after we were done. Maybe that's why I like this picture so much.
Ya know, that's what's so great about this place. Everyone here is so happy and caught up in the magic that most folks don't even think twice to do something kind that may brighten the day of a stranger. In the past my family has received fastpasses, freebies, and random acts of kindness from complete strangers just for the smiles. It's amazing. Of course we always pay it forward every chance we get.:)

My pic for today...

One of my favorite places in Epcot to shop.:slurp:

Gorjus

I was wondering when someone would post a photo from this spot. I knew it immediately...*Gorjus boasts and preens at her knowlege*

Seriously, you all capture some wonderful detail that many miss. I'm so blessed to be able to see this detail on a daily basis. And I often miss what you catch. However there are a few spots where I've never seen anyone capture. Each time I'm looking at these spots I'm reminded of the person adrift on a raft in the ocean and they say "water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink." I'm lugging around $5000 in photography equipment and I'm thinking..."my kingdom for a camera." The other day, Belle was waiting for guests to come see her in her rain location...the above photographed Library...and she sat on the ledge, picked up a book and was reading it. I soooooo wanted to take a photo of her, but as no guests were in the photo, I couldn't do it.

Anyway, great shot kee kee. I think all of us are inspiring all of us to take better photos. Figment, your skills have abounded of late. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom