WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JML42691

Original Poster
Hey Everybody, as the previous thread has been growing close to the 5000 post mark, we shall continue the fourth installment here. The reason for doing this is quoted below from Steve:

...1. Photos of WDW ONLY...not your dolls, toys, dogs, cars, etc. Photos of yourself should be with a clearly identifiable WDW background.

2.One photo per person per day.

3.No repeat photos, please.

4.Please limit comments to the photos, with NO personal remarks ABOUT THE PERSON POSTING IT. Please limit smilies in posts.

5. No dialogue between posters, please. The majority of posters just want to look at the pretty pictures, and do not want to read conversations (or arguments) between posters. A short comment about the photo is OK; a long post describing your whole trip is not. No one wants to read through a pages of exchanges between one or two posters (except for those few posters) before seeing a new photo.

Anyone who continues with this sort of behavior will be warned, then banned.

...One last warning before I reopen this. We are ALL expected to act like adults. I do not want internet squables brought here. You are to reply to posts in a civil, adult fashion, without rude, sarcastic, personal attacks, even if you disagree. You are to post in an ADULT fashion, even if it's not your style. You are not to post just to get a rise out of people. You are not to monopolize any forums; please keep your responses short and sweet, if possible.

Would posters also include the location of the photo taken to limit comments. And if people know how, could they please delete the quoted images from quotes to limit the sizing of the page, just replace the image link in the quote with a small description of the original photo, such as (castle pic), if you are unsure of what post was being referred to, you can simply click on this button
viewpost.gif
, and it will link you back to the original post with the photo, this is a practice that is used on another forum that I visit that helps to shorten the page, after all, we don't need the same image popping up 10 times, it also would help greatly when quoting several images.

WDW Picture of the Day (Part 1)
WDW Picture of the Day (Part 2)
WDW Picture of the Day (Part 3)

Anybody having difficulty posting pictures should try these Instructions, they might be a little bit outdated, but they will give you the general idea about how to post them.

WDWFigment

Going to be on the first page...probably should post a really good picture since this page will be viewed often. Eh, I can't find one that I know I haven't used, so this will have to suffice.

River to DtD:
1115200746.jpg

WDWFigment

From pt 3:

Great picture. Reminds me of those lovely late nights photo-sessions after the parks have cleared.

Mattboom, Goofy'sGirl and Grumplover - great GMR shots!

KeeKee - great macro shot!

here is another pic from the GMR:

2497856175_37bf4212f2_o.jpg

When I was younger, I was always terribly frightened of this scene because of the alien that moves down towards you. I don't know why, since I knew it was coming and it doesn't really "jump" out, but I was afraid. Eh, I suppose that's better than being afraid of the Energy Dinos, which also scared me...

here is a pic of the castle lighted up.....
IMG_0518.jpg

Nice!

Thanks for the kind words, Ill have a search through my albums to see what I can find. I really like OKW, stayed there 2 or 3 times now, prefer it to Saratoga Springs (although to be fair that was still being built when we stayed there so it was still developing its own 'character').

On a side note I looked at you engagement pictures and they are fantastic, such a wonderful setting and timing. Congratulations to you both.

Do you have any sort of accounts like Flickr or something where I can see some more of your images as what I have seen I have been impressed with.

Thanks! I don't have any organized albums, I just use my photobucket account for image hosting. Nothing organized. That's about it as far as albums go.

There we go with the OKW shots!

And if people know how, could they please delete the quoted images from quotes to limit the sizing of the page, just replace the image link in the quote with a small description of the original photo, such as (castle pic), if you are unsure of what post was being referred to, you can simply click on this button
viewpost.gif
, and it will link you back to the original post with the photo, this is a practice that is used on another forum that I visit that helps to shorten the page, after all, we don't need the same image popping up 10 times, it also would help greatly when quoting several images.

Is this a rule that was imposed upon us by Steve or the mods, or is it something you're suggesting?

JML42691

Original Poster
Is this a rule that was imposed upon us by Steve or the mods, or is it something you're suggesting?
Not from Steve or the mods at all, just something that I'm suggesting people could try, it has become a habit of mine to do that, and I feel that it helps to make the threads easier to view in means of the amount of pictures. It is completely optional and up to the poster, and plus, some posts might need/want the image quoted, because they are referring to something specific in it.

msk0879

I hope this works from the contemp 11th floor on 12/03/2005 first pic post
picture.php

jml thanks for adding the instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom