WDW Picture of the Day (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeeKee

_3080602.jpg

S. Paridon

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to be spending $400 per lens. I'm a student, so the income isn't exactly there for that kind of thing.

As for the camera, the only one I'm really considering is an XTI, and it's on sale at Dell right now for $489 @ Dell with a 18-55mm lens.

That's a good price right now, but people on slick deals and fatwallet are saying that the price may drop in the coming months when Canon releases the XSI. Decisions, decisions...

The Canon EOS20D is a couple years old and you can probably pick one up for a song. I have one with several lenses and it is completely awesome! The thing takes amazing pictures with unbelieveable clarity and detail. It was expensive when it first came out but like I said Canon stopped making them and went to a higher grade EOS recently so older ones are out there and probably affordable.

KeeKee

The Canon EOS20D is a couple years old and you can probably pick one up for a song. I have one with several lenses and it is completely awesome! The thing takes amazing pictures with unbelieveable clarity and detail. It was expensive when it first came out but like I said Canon stopped making them and went to a higher grade EOS recently so older ones are out there and probably affordable.

You can buy good used equipment here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

WDWFigment

Thanks. I just found it on BH used for $479... might have to do some research about this one...

Great work, as always, Jeff. Besides the fact that you're obviously an amazingly talented photographer, your photos always have such vivid color and are very crisp. What's your secret?

jeffb

Mickey Mouse, Kee Kee, S.Paridon and WDWFigment - Thanks for the very kind words on the BTMR photo.

Well, not I just want to get in the car and go to the park! Gee, thanks! :)

How I wish I could just hop in a car and go the parks! ughhh - 6 more months until September.

Thanks. I just found it on BH used for $479... might have to do some research about this one...

Great work, as always, Jeff....your photos always have such vivid color and are very crisp. What's your secret?

I use Photoshop for the 2 items you mention. Back in the film days, films like Kodak Royal Gold produced beautiful saturated colors (and I am not even talking about some of the slide films that took color to a much higher level). I miss this with my digital camera so color is one of the first things I look to improve upon. The crispness is from using Photoshop's unsharp masking filter which makes an image to appear sharper that the original. However, sharpen too much and the image will suffer.

BTW - I too highly recommend B&H. It is amazing store.

joanna71985

I went to see Block Party Bash. Great show!!! Music feels a bit like you are at a wedding (Macarena, Celebrate, etc), however, it is great fun. There is so much going on at once that it is hard to know where to look.

It is almost as if you have to pick which Pixar movie you like best and park yourself where that section of floats stops. All the sections seem to do the same thing but with slightly different characters.

I'll post photos as soon as I can get them organized. Way to go Spectro Pluto for being so quick.

In the mean time, here are some more Christmas photos:

I love it! The Snow Prince is really nice.

WDWFigment

Mickey Mouse, Kee Kee, S.Paridon and WDWFigment - Thanks for the very kind words on the BTMR photo.

How I wish I could just hop in a car and go the parks! ughhh - 6 more months until September.

I use Photoshop for the 2 items you mention. Back in the film days, films like Kodak Royal Gold produced beautiful saturated colors (and I am not even talking about some of the slide films that took color to a much higher level). I miss this with my digital camera so color is one of the first things I look to improve upon. The crispness is from using Photoshop's unsharp masking filter which makes an image to appear sharper that the original. However, sharpen too much and the image will suffer.

BTW - I too highly recommend B&H. It is amazing store.

Ahhh, so that's your secret. Following your lead, I've put my picture through an unsharp mask, high pass filter, given it a more red hue in the color balance, and increased the saturation...are there any other techniques you use, Jeff? What do you think (before):
1119200713copy.jpg

After:
1119200713copy2-1.jpg

...I think I might have gone overboard by using both the unsharp mask and the high pass filter...

KeeKee

Ahhh, so that's your secret. Following your lead, I've put my picture through an unsharp mask, high pass filter, given it a more red hue in the color balance, and increased the saturation...are there any other techniques you use, Jeff? What do you think (before):
1119200713copy.jpg

After:
1119200713copy2-1.jpg

...I think I might have gone overboard by using both the unsharp mask and the high pass filter...
Back down on the sharpening just a smidge and you've done a really nice job!

What do you think, JeffB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom