WDW Picture of the Day (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Sticking with the EPCOT theme

Picture189.jpg

MickeyMind

^^^ maybe I'm missing out on some huge photoshop tip, but if not, and you do it how I do it, that must have taken you forever! I think it would look cool reversed

lol no I didnt use photoshop, I just edited it in photobucket, they have a feature called smart recolor that makes it incredibly easy to manipulate photos.. I took your advice and reversed it, but it looked a little lacking, so I added a few extra touches of color to make it a bit more interesting
DSC_0248-1-1.jpg

nibblesandbits

Gorjus said:
My phone has one of the best cameras of any phone on the market. The photos still suck. In a pinch they'll do, but not for your entire vacation. And like Nibbles and Figment said, there are people who refuse photopass because they "have it" on their camera. I politely ignore them and hand them a photo pass anyway so that when they get home and see their photos suck, they have options.

The same thing with disposable cameras. If you got a great deal on disposables and got each camera for $5. It is still going to cost you about $20 to develop each camera. So, 5 cameras with 36 photos each costs $25 per camera, $125 for 150 photos. For the exact same price, you could have hundreds of photopass photos, mostly of better quality, and have Disney decorations on them. It is always the people with better cameras than Photopass that use the photopass system and people with sucky cameras that refuse it. No arguing with ignorance.

:rolleyes:

Can't understand some people...I think they're afraid they're going to be pressured into something.

"No way man, I've got my own...*click with cell phone* Phew...dodged the bullet of being pressured"

joanna71985

EPCOT018.jpg

This was taken in EPCOT as soon as I came out of the Mexico pavilion...beautiful

This was taken from across the lake using my old Point & Shoot Sony.....

DSC02388.jpg

Beautiful!!

My photo for today: What and where are these things from?

visa%2053%20laugh%20zone.jpg

One hat is from Pinocchio, and the other is either Robin Hood or Peter Pan.
Is the 53 from Herbie?

I love this show. It is one of my favorites on property.

IMG_0435.jpg

Don't look now, but a giant is peeking in the ceiling at Sir Mickey's!

It's Willie!

The D300 is a great camera, and the fast telephoto prime is for moving subjects when the lighting conditions that aren't the best...

original.jpg

Awsome!!

I'm sure some people who are down there all time can attest to the fact that a lot of people use only their cells for photo opps.

Sure can.

Charlie Gibson, sporting what appears to be an eyepatch, for that pirate/newscaster on the go:

433487090112_0_ALB.jpg

It's the shadow from the light.

cooleo

lol no I didnt use photoshop, I just edited it in photobucket, they have a feature called smart recolor that makes it incredibly easy to manipulate photos.. I took your advice and reversed it, but it looked a little lacking, so I added a few extra touches of color to make it a bit more interesting
DSC_0248-1-1.jpg

That is Great! I have a photobucket account & did not realize they had that much capabilities for editing. Looks like I need to do more playing around with my photos there. :cool:

WDWFigment

Great picture, you really captured the scene well (the light shining through is especially 'vivid' it seems).

^^^ maybe I'm missing out on some huge photoshop tip, but if not, and you do it how I do it, that must have taken you forever! I think it would look cool reversed

Even with photoshop, I don't think this would've been that hard. The magic wand would've selected the vast majority of the people as one "clump". There are a few who'd need to be selected individually. If you crank up the brush size, it would be pretty easy to achieve this effect in 2-3 minutes.

It is always the people with better cameras than Photopass that use the photopass system and people with sucky cameras that refuse it. No arguing with ignorance.

I think the correlation there is probably money. Those with it have the money for nicer cameras, and for photopass. Also/alternatively, those with nicer cameras probably appreciate photographs more, and like being able to get pictures they otherwise wouldn't (with the photographer in them or with the WDW touches). I plan on buying a DSLR prior to our next trip, and getting a photopass CD. We'll have a total of five cameras among three people (including photopass as one camera...although it'll be more like 100, since each photographer has their own camera!) The borders, etc. almost justify it for me by themselves.

That is Great! I have a photobucket account & did not realize they had that much capabilities for editing. Looks like I need to do more playing around with my photos there. :cool:

I haven't tried it out myself, but I guess this explains why there has been a substantial increase in manipulated photos recently. Cooleo, I was under the impression you had Photoshop, for some reason. There are some cool things you could do with it and that new 40D (or the pictures it takes, rather). :)

cooleo

Cooleo, I was under the impression you had Photoshop, for some reason. There are some cool things you could do with it and that new 40D (or the pictures it takes, rather). :)

You're right, I do. Just thought it was pretty cool what could be done on Photobucket.

Azerin

Yeesh.. busy couple weeks :( I will be back in the world next week so will have a bunch of new pics soon!

Here is one I took last Sept :)

carenyllie

Engagement series is over--here's a rhino!

1118200768.jpg

This one's not part of the engagement series??? LOL!! Thanks for clearing that up! Not sure what I would have thought! LOL!!

I must say....those pics of you and your wife to be were very touching. You are a very cute couple and I wish you MANY happy years together!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom