WDW Picture of the Day (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
POD9.jpg

Hey MainStreetMouse, another clear well composed shot from the safari! Great shot!

Thanks KeeKee

I took a lot of shots while on the safari and had many blurry ones when I snapped a shot just as we hit a bump. :)

On the safari I think you just have to keep shoot photos as you just don't know when the bump will come ... and they always seem to time it just as I click.

Gary

KeeKee

Thanks KeeKee

I took a lot of shots while on the safari and had many blurry ones when I snapped a shot just as we hit a bump. :)

On the safari I think you just have to keep shoot photos as you just don't know when the bump will come ... and they always seem to time it just as I click.

Gary
I think I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one with mostly blurry shots from the safari...

WDWFigment

That last photo you posted proves you have a good eye for composition. Your stuff shows steady improvement.

Of course, dumb luck is a photographers best friend, too! At least, this photographer's...

I wish I were showing improvement, but I don't know how much improvement I could show given that all these pictures were taken over the course of 12 days (six in August, six in November) of last year. The most recent picture I posted was actually from day 2 in August. Thanks for the compliment, though!!!

Maybe I will read a book on composition or something before our trip this August!

raven

Given your location, you may actually be pleased to learn that I "studied" photography in Michigan, while in middle school, not in Indiana. It was only for one semester, and I don't really remember it at all, though. The things I learn in Indiana aren't all that applicable to WDW.

Not that it's somehow comparable, but I'm a huge student of Alfred Hitchcock, so maybe I picked up on some of the rules of composition there :shrug: I'm not sure--I'm often told I have a good eye for it, but maybe it's just dumb luck?

And I studied photography in Indiana. :lol:

And I aggree about Alfred Hitchcock. Love his movies and use of camera angles!

doop

I've seen that picture a thousand times and it never ceases to make me feel good. :) Nice shot!

DocAudio

Thanks, Doop! I believe it to be the most exciting site next to actually walking into the parks. And Gooch, have a great trip...will be looking forward to the photos.

bgoebel

mostly due to my children (love taking portrait shots) but also inspired by the photography I check out on this forum (and our upcoming trip to Disney) I finally treated myself (thanks tax refund) to a new camera (CANON EOS REBEL XT- got it for great price due to the new XTI coming out soon). Does anyone have this camera and have good tips for fireworks, indoor shots, landscape shots for our trip to Disney or good resources to learn (the manual is a bit of a brain 'hurt' for me to read/study). Thanks in advance :)

Disneyfalcon

mostly due to my children (love taking portrait shots) but also inspired by the photography I check out on this forum (and our upcoming trip to Disney) I finally treated myself (thanks tax refund) to a new camera (CANON EOS REBEL XT- got it for great price due to the new XTI coming out soon). Does anyone have this camera and have good tips for fireworks, indoor shots, landscape shots for our trip to Disney or good resources to learn (the manual is a bit of a brain 'hurt' for me to read/study). Thanks in advance :)

I have an XT! One book I have really enjoyed is "Digital Rebel Digital Field Guide" by Charlotte Lowrie.

It's a great camera, you'll love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom