WDW Picture of the Day (Continued)

Adison Belle

I how creepy this turned out, and how you
can still clearly read "haunted mansion"

211e7ae3.jpg

TOTALLY COOL!!!! WHERE WAS THIS?! I mean, obviously, it's in the ride, but where?!

Nicole220

Yes, they did come from Italy.

Please forgive the complete deviation from the thread topic here, but since it's been brought up, I think it's a great story to share (for anyone not familiar with it):

Those marble statues of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs arrived at the Disney Studio as an anonymous gift to Walt one day. To this day, no one knows who the sculptor was. The only clue was that the package was postmarked in Italy. Also, there were some collectible soaps being sold in Italy at that time that looked very much like these sculptures, so it was assumed that the artist used those soaps as models for the marble ones.

That part of the story alone is interesting, but making it even more fun is the fact that the artist made an error that hardly anyone ever notices. Any time I know of someone who is planning a trip to DL, I always tell them to go look for the wishing well and these statues and see if they can figure out what the mistake was (I just told someone about it today at work as a matter of fact).

For anyone who is not aware of the mistake, and prefers to figure it out on their own, I won't make the answer obvious here. What I'll do is type it out in white text, and if you'd like to know, just highlight it with your cursor.

Highlight below this line if you'd like to know:
It turned out that the artist made Snow White the exact same height as the Dwarfs. To make this less obvious, the Imagineers used forced perspective and placed Snow White higher up than the Dwarfs and at the top of a waterfall. Pretty clever indeed!
Hmmm, you sound a lot like a poster named mickster.
He told me the same exact thing... same wording and everything.
Sorry if you aren't, I just found it interesting.

disney9752

Hmmm, you sound a lot like a poster named mickster.
He told me the same exact thing... same wording and everything.
Sorry if you aren't, I just found it interesting.

no i dont have the need to hide behind multiple names, just seems one of the few things that walt left that the eisner era didnt destroy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom