WDW Picture of the Day (Continued)

lumpydj

30177635.jpg

This is a fantastic picture. I just love pictures where the fireworks come out so crisp and clear. Stunning.:wave:

When I look at pictures like this, I wonder how on earth you guys get these fireworks shots coming out so clear? They never do on my camera, which is a good one, but I have no real idea how to operate it correctly! I either have a short exposure, which means it's too dark to see anything, or a longer one which means everything is blurred. How do you do it?

kag1984

Illuminations2.jpg

Fireworks are a bit tricky to take photos of. If you leave the exposure too long it tends to burn the image (mine is a little burnt). But the real trick to taking night shots and firework shots is a steady camera. I found this great little travel tripod for $14. It telescopes from 9" to 42". So it fits perfectly into a medium sized camera case, and gets up to about chest height. Although next time I go to to MK I think I'm going to have to bring a real tripod because all of my MK firework pics are of the backs of peoples heads, and some fireworks in the background. My camera isn't all that expensive, just a nice point and shoot digital. It's the Olympus Stylus 800.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom