WDW Photographers Gallery (all images welcome)

Allen C

Just having fun with Photoshop.
IMG_2667QUOTE-L.jpg

Kristia

Love all the pics on here. I seriously need to take a class on how to use Photoshop! Right now, I have Photoshop Elements and I haven't had time to really mess with it.
Anyway, here one of my pics from Everest.

DisneyTripNov2011107.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Agreed... and at the end of the day all you need is a tripod to make up the difference.

ISO performance comes down to the ability of hand holding the camera, so it really comes down to do you mind trudging a tripod around or spending 4x more on a camera/lens combo that would allow you to handhold.
Unless of course it is moving. This is where the high end cameras really come into their own. High ISO performance allowing you to use a shutter speed high enough to capture something moving in very low light.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Unless of course it is moving. This is where the high end cameras really come into their own. High ISO performance allowing you to use a shutter speed high enough to capture something moving in very low light.

I agree... but where do you draw the line. In order to get that shot you're now talking about a serious upgrade in glass and in a body. Most people faint when they see the difference between a low end and professional rig. I really wish there was a middle ground in glass but it seems your choices are 300 bucks versus 1700.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I agree... but where do you draw the line. In order to get that shot you're now talking about a serious upgrade in glass and in a body. Most people faint when they see the difference between a low end and professional rig. I really wish there was a middle ground in glass but it seems your choices are 300 bucks versus 1700.
Yep, but this seems to be a big issue for people at WDW. They are shooting in some of the worst conditions possible for a camera. Low light, moving subjects, spotlights, crowded situations - its a photo nightmare. Low end bodies just aren't going to compete with the kind of quality that a lot of people are looking for. I know we often say it isn't the camera, it's the photographer, but there is no doubt that in certain conditions, it is down to that high ISO body performance and the speed of the glass.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Yep, but this seems to be a big issue for people at WDW. They are shooting in some of the worst conditions possible for a camera. Low light, moving subjects, spotlights, crowded situations - its a photo nightmare. Low end bodies just aren't going to compete with the kind of quality that a lot of people are looking for. I know we often say it isn't the camera, it's the photographer, but there is no doubt that in certain conditions, it is down to that high ISO body performance and the speed of the glass.

oh for sure, but people really face sticker shock... 5 grand for a solid rig

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom