WDW Photo of the Day Thread (Part 9)

janoimagine

Beautiful picture!

Thanks!

I'm thinking I should take some photography lessons before our next trip. It's something I've always wanted to get into, but I have too many other hobbies occupying my time. However, I can see taking lessons paying dividends in the quality of our vacation pictures. Thanks for the tips guys.

One other question, did you guys learn by practice? Lessons? Interest reading? Books? Any tips on learning to shoot better?

In my case learned by observing ... but I am a producer and have worked for some of the best commercial shooters in the game, so you watch, ask questions, and the good part is you can try their gear before you drop thousands of dollars on equipment. Most of the information you are looking for is avaliable for free just by doing some searches online ... enjoy ... :D

1DisneyDad

DSC00185-2-1.jpg

CP_alum08

It ain't the arrow ... it's the indian.

If you have a great camera but don't understand it, or photography, I can take better pictures with my iPhone.

A good point and shoot like the Canon Powershot G12 or SX40, will give you great pictures if / when you know how to use it and are a great place to start without breaking the bank.

Me personally I have a Canon 50D and a Canon 1DS MarkIII with a number of different lenses for different reasons, the one's I favor the most are either my 16 to 35 or my 17 to 40. My 70 to 200 or 100 to 400 are great for Animal Kingdom and closeups of the animals, but you also look like your carrying a howitzer given the size of each's bayonette, and weigh a decent amount and can get heavier as the day goes on.

I agree 100% that it's more the indian than the arrow, but having that sharp of an arrow doesn't hurt either :sohappy::sohappy:

janoimagine

I agree 100% that it's more the indian than the arrow, but having that sharp of an arrow doesn't hurt either :sohappy::sohappy:

Yeah, google the new one, I have been waiting for years for them to announce a successor to the 1DS Mark III ... I think they have and Cannon is calling it the 4K.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom