WDW Permits 2014

fugawe09

If I recall, OSHA requires any potential fall height greater than 4'-6' (depending on circumstance) to be protected. Workers could use means like harnesses with tie-offs, which is probably what they have been doing. But arguably a railing or parapet wall is safer in many cases because you help reduce the human error factor of somebody not knowing how to tie-off properly. Assuming the railings have toe-boards it also reduces the chance of objects rolling off the edge onto people below.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
If I recall, OSHA requires any potential fall height greater than 4'-6' (depending on circumstance) to be protected. Workers could use means like harnesses with tie-offs, which is probably what they have been doing. But arguably a railing or parapet wall is safer in many cases because you help reduce the human error factor of somebody not knowing how to tie-off properly. Assuming the railings have toe-boards it also reduces the chance of objects rolling off the edge onto people below.

The question I have is, how are they installing these so they are no visible from the ground?

Rasvar

The question I have is, how are they installing these so they are no visible from the ground?
Oh my, the east coast version of the Alice in Wonderland discussion. My guess is that the railings will be decorated in a manner that is consistent with the architecture. Maybe even set back from viewing angle, if possible.

mgpan

Oh my, the east coast version of the Alice in Wonderland discussion. My guess is that the railings will be decorated in a manner that is consistent with the architecture. Maybe even set back from viewing angle, if possible.
LOL! The discussion of this concerning Alice on the West Coast is Epic! There are less detailed discussions of fastpass out there. Wish I had the intensity for an attraction that is shown in those threads.

FutureWorld1982

BalooChicago

Dumb waiters cannot be used for humans. By code they must be sized such that they are not (regularly) occupied.

It's possible this project is the replacement of an existing dumbwaiter, and not the addition of one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom