WDW Permits 2014

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Isn't that address on 192?

Yes. Here is where Google Maps puts it:
7900WIrlo.jpg

dstrawn9889

Interesting permit today. The contractor is Balfour Beatty who is doing Avatar and other AK work, and it expires October of 2016. I assume this is connected to Avatar or one of the other AK projects but I am not sure what parking they are removing that would necessitate this. I assume it's backstage parking.

Black Lake Parcel C Temporary Parking Area - 7900 Block of W. Irio Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL
i would say it is for parking of 40' cans of equipment and product to be used for building AL. also for parking flats with steel and other such, just needed a permit to grade the land? and get a turn in?

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting permit today. The contractor is Balfour Beatty who is doing Avatar and other AK work, and it expires October of 2016. I assume this is connected to Avatar or one of the other AK projects but I am not sure what parking they are removing that would necessitate this. I assume it's backstage parking.

Black Lake Parcel C Temporary Parking Area - 7900 Block of W. Irio Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL

i would say it is for parking of 40' cans of equipment and product to be used for building AL. also for parking flats with steel and other such, just needed a permit to grade the land? and get a turn in?

Perhaps a remote parking area for tradesmen, with a van/shuttle service to the site. Often done when parking space is at a premium near a jobsite.

Or, a staging area for materials, or equipment.

BalooChicago

What makes you think they're removing parking? My assumption is it's a temporary parking lot for contractors (trucks, equipment, trailer, etc)

(Or what dstrawn and Tom said ;) - I swear their posts weren't there)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another Balfour Beatty AK permit today. The address would put this back the Africa area.

795C W Savannah Circle - Steel Sheet Pile Retaining Wall - Africa - 700 Area Development Early Package

Here is a summary of the major AK permits we have seen so far:

6/3/2014 795C W Savannah Circle Africa 700 Area Development Early Package - Steel Sheet Pile Retaining Wall
6/2/2014 743 W Savannah Circle 300 - Discovery Island Area Development - DAK Base Park
3/13/2014 509,501, 471 & 521 W SavannahCir Morpho-800M, 800W, 804 Package 1 & Temp MetalGate
5/16/2014 774C WerikheWay Africa 700 -Area DevelopmentEarlyPackage (ModularTrailer)
11/25/2013 774C WerikheWay Africa 700 - Area Development Early Package
11/25/2013 521 W. Savannah Cir Morpho - Area Development Early Package

So it looks like 3 major areas of construction so far:

300 - Discovery Island, probably related to Rivers of Light
700 - Africa area, probably related to the work that has been report back by the train station.
800 - Pandora (Morpho)

jrlang1

Another Balfour Beatty AK permit today. The address would put this back the Africa area.

795C W Savannah Circle - Steel Sheet Pile Retaining Wall - Africa - 700 Area Development Early Package

Here is a summary of the major AK permits we have seen so far:

6/3/2014 795C W Savannah Circle Africa 700 Area Development Early Package - Steel Sheet Pile Retaining Wall
6/2/2014 743 W Savannah Circle 300 - Discovery Island Area Development - DAK Base Park
3/13/2014 509,501, 471 & 521 W SavannahCir Morpho-800M, 800W, 804 Package 1 & Temp MetalGate
5/16/2014 774C WerikheWay Africa 700 -Area DevelopmentEarlyPackage (ModularTrailer)
11/25/2013 774C WerikheWay Africa 700 - Area Development Early Package
11/25/2013 521 W. Savannah Cir Morpho - Area Development Early Package

So it looks like 3 major areas of construction so far:

300 - Discovery Island, probably related to Rivers of Light
700 - Africa area, probably related to the work that has been report back by the train station.
800 - Pandora (Morpho)

Thank you for all of this hard work!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tom

Beta Return
Would early development package indicate that this would be more than a new path?

Not really sure. Maybe @Tom can shed some light on the use of the term "early package".

That's not necessarily a common phrase in the industry, but in context, I would surmise that this is indeed the first step in a larger project. It could be that they're just creating a stable area of land for something they'll build later. Or it could be for something to follow very soon, but either it hasn't been through all the permitting or is still being bid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom