WDW Parking Fees Poll

How many of you have contacted Disney voicing your concerns?

• Yes, I have

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Yes, got a response

Votes: 23 9.4%
  • No, but plan to

Votes: 76 31.0%
  • No, it doesn't effect me

Votes: 83 33.9%
  • I Don't Care!

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters

yensid67

Original Poster
This whole thing is getting blown out of proportion. I realize that other increases in costs that have already happened have made people frustrated and this maybe put them over the edge, but come on. Anyone that regularly blows hundreds of dollars on Disney merch or hard ticketed events every time they spend a week at WDW has no right to complain-no one is forcing you to buy all those pins and t shirts and go to the events that cost extra. Cut back on the souvenirs and cupcake parties and your parking is covered.
We shouldn't have to! Besides if we spend more money on souvenirs that is more money for the greedy little B's!

yensid67

Original Poster
While the rooms are cheaper....the Swan and the Dolphin have always charged for parking and they also tack on a hefty service charge per night.....is this the way Disney resorts are going? Will they start adding a service charge too?
I think what the big complaint is that the over priced hotel room covered the 'resort fees' other hotels charge, but if they charge for parking as well as a resort fee above the over priced room then guests are going to feel taken advantage of!

UncleMike101

Yesterday both pages were in sync. Strange. Seems like they would want to have both pages, saying the same thing. Nothing like creating more angst on an already hot topic!
I just checked the POP resort page and it has the fees listed.
I checked the main Parking page and it still says resort parking is complimentary for registered guests.
I guess nothing Disney does anymore will surprise me.

gsimpson

Since I live in Orlando and only stay at their hotels when family is in town it really doesn't effect me but since they apparently think it is a good idea to fleece us whenever they can I will simply tell my family that we are going to Universal instead, I have unlimited access to both parks and Uni seems marginally less greedy.

RoyWalley

Since I live in Orlando and only stay at their hotels when family is in town it really doesn't effect me but since they apparently think it is a good idea to fleece us whenever they can I will simply tell my family that we are going to Universal instead, I have unlimited access to both parks and Uni seems marginally less greedy.

You do know that Universal charges for this already:
Parking
Universal charges a $20-per-night self-parking fee ($27 for valet) at its luxury resorts for registered guests; day guests pay $22 for self-parking and $32 for valet. Cabana Bay charges $12 for overnight guests (self-parking only), and $20 for day visitors. parking. There are no annual pass discounts on parking at the hotels

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You do know that Universal charges for this already:
Parking
Universal charges a $20-per-night self-parking fee ($27 for valet) at its luxury resorts for registered guests; day guests pay $22 for self-parking and $32 for valet. Cabana Bay charges $12 for overnight guests (self-parking only), and $20 for day visitors. parking. There are no annual pass discounts on parking at the hotels
But Uni throws in free express passes if you stay in their Deluxe/Moderate equivalents, arguably a much better perk than offering 3 FP+ at 90 days for $50 per person after paying another $200 to stay in "club" rooms...

yensid67

Original Poster
Just got a call from Disney! It scared the Begeebees out of me for some reason. I was a mess! Thought I was going to have a heart attack! But after about an hour talking to ELIZABETH, I calmed down enough to reiterate my feelings and the feeling s from the blog! She said they were getting a high number of concerns and will be taking each into consideration. The parking fees take effect for all reservations MADE after March 21. If you have made reservations already for later in the year, then she said the parking fees will not apply ONLY TO THOSE MAKING RESERVATIONS AFTER MARCH 21! She also said that nothing will likely be done to stop the fees, but once they are implemented and they see a problem, then they will do something! They want to see what complaints they get when they start charging guests and see their reactions! So I guess our voices made a SLIGHT difference whereas they hear our voices regarding all the nickel and diming, guests are looking for off site hotels more! She did say that all hotels in Orlando area charge for parking, I had to quickly correct her and tell her that the Rosen hotel chain does not charge for parking at any of their hotels(Clarion Lake Buena Vista, Rosen Pointe Orlando, Rosen International, Rosen Inn, Shingle Creek, Rosen I Drive. Please keep up the campaign of voicing your concerns~they will make a difference! Just be prepared and have your thoughts in line before they call! I calmed down toward the end of the 2.5 hour call enough to start repeating things! She told me to take my time and tell her all the concerns I have! She was very nice and listened to me. She said all emails and calls are followed up with a phone call to talk more about your concerns and its not just blowing smoke! Each call is given the same consideration and they have gotten some ideas of what should be done. Those ideas will be reviewed to see if they are feesible!

tonymu

Premium Member
Tony..if allowed by moderators....could you possibly list the emails of those to write to ,to help those of us that want to try to make a difference but are short on time or don’t quite know who to contact that will get acknowledged..

Tony..if allowed by moderators....could you possibly list the emails of those to write to ,to help those of us that want to try to make a difference but are short on time or don’t quite know who to contact that will get acknowledged..
UncleMike101 posted these on another post.

Leigh51

I have already booked so it didn't affect my next visit.But I was outraged and then I considered that I pay for parking at many hotels and I grumble but still go and have been paying for years.So I guess looking at it in a calmer frame of mind, that WDW is about 10-15 years behind the industry.Does it stink,yes,does it stink that I can't visit downtown Nashville,where we live,without paying $25-$40, yes.But it is a reality of today.I can always park free where no one wants to go.

Goofyernmost

I have already booked so it didn't affect my next visit.But I was outraged and then I considered that I pay for parking at many hotels and I grumble but still go and have been paying for years.So I guess looking at it in a calmer frame of mind, that WDW is about 10-15 years behind the industry.Does it stink,yes,does it stink that I can't visit downtown Nashville,where we live,without paying $25-$40, yes.But it is a reality of today.I can always park free where no one wants to go.
I would agree if Disney charged room rates that were compatible with those alleged other hotels. Disney already gouges people for a 3 star or less room and are now charging extra for a piece of land that has been a parking lot for anywhere from 47 to 5 years in a privately owned piece of land that consists of over 40000 acres of mostly unused land. It is one of the most blatant charges yet. That pavement isn't charging them any extra money that isn't already covered and then some by those insane room rates.

You can give them a pass if you want, but, I know a holdup when I see one. And this is basic Robbery 101. The have a magical day will only come someplace else because for me, the magic is dead.

Plowboy

It doesn't affect me since we fly, but it does bother me that my fellow Disney visitors who drive would have to pay. I don't like it at all. I have read that they are aware it's caused an uproar on social media, but I guess they don't care.
I think of it this way. If TDO gets away with charging for hotel parking, how long will it be before they start to charge for Magical Express? I'm a stock holder (albeit a very small amount) and I think this is just plain wrong. Pricing has gotten totally out of control, be it admission, hotels, food, etc. There is such a thing as killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Goofyernmost

I think of it this way. If TDO gets away with charging for hotel parking, how long will it be before they start to charge for Magical Express? I'm a stock holder (albeit a very small amount) and I think this is just plain wrong. Pricing has gotten totally out of control, be it admission, hotels, food, etc. There is such a thing as killing the goose that laid the golden egg.
And they currently have a strangle hold on that poor bird.

UncleMike101

Well....
I sent three e mails to three different addresses at WDW.
This morning I received an e mail from a CM stating that he tried to call me earlier but no one answered.
That had to be during my morning constitutional...............
The e mail has copies of all three of my letters.
Since I didn't leave a phone number on any of the mails I have to presume that WDW is cross referencing the complaining e mails with previously registered guests and people who use My Disney Experience.
They obviously want to confirm that the people complaining aren't just trolls.
The CM gave his name and work days/hours for this week and asked me to call back at my convenience.
Since I plan on a lengthy call :happy: I'll have to wait until tomorrow to call him back.
As others have stated, the parking fees are the last straw.
It's been like pulling teeth to get my Wife to go to WDW because of the overpricing, understaffing, and not magical attitude of the park CM's.
And she's right.

I

Raineman

I will admit, I still don’t completely understand the vitriol about the parking fees, but I will say that if some of you are planning on cancelling trips, not renewing APs, etc, that would be the most effective way to show your dissatisfaction. However, what I would not want to see is those same people shaming the rest of us who still plan on visiting WDW. If and when my family and I feel that we are not getting value for $ spent, we will stop going to WDW, but until then, I am not going to apologize for continuing to go. The positives still outweigh the negatives for us at this point.

wendysue

I will admit, I still don’t completely understand the vitriol about the parking fees, but I will say that if some of you are planning on cancelling trips, not renewing APs, etc, that would be the most effective way to show your dissatisfaction. However, what I would not want to see is those same people shaming the rest of us who still plan on visiting WDW. If and when my family and I feel that we are not getting value for $ spent, we will stop going to WDW, but until then, I am not going to apologize for continuing to go. The positives still outweigh the negatives for us at this point.
It isn't just the parking fees. It's ALL the fees and upcharges, etc. that have been implemented in the last few years. At some point, for some folks, it just becomes more than they can handle. If you still enjoy the experience, and the most important thing: can afford the fees and charges, then by all means, no one should shame you for that.
Several families I know have gone from hotels like CBR to Pop, and now to the All-Stars, bring their own food or get a rental for a day or two to go shop. They keep downsizing to be able to take their families and have the wonderful time they remember. But that is fast coming to an end. I know that's just the way it is, but it really shouldn't have to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom