WDW Parking Fees Poll

How many of you have contacted Disney voicing your concerns?

• Yes, I have

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Yes, got a response

Votes: 23 9.4%
  • No, but plan to

Votes: 76 31.0%
  • No, it doesn't effect me

Votes: 83 33.9%
  • I Don't Care!

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters

Raineman

Haven't see anyone shaming you or telling you to apologize. Seems like a straw man.
Hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will. Way too many people here who either a) if your opinion is different from theirs, you are automatically wrong or b) will automatically label you a pixie duster if you aren't constantly complaining about everything that Disney is doing. For everyone who believes that the parking fees are the last straw, I would hope that if you are done with WDW, you will not be going back, because if you complain and send angry letters to Disney and still go to WDW every year, you are either a hypocrite or someone who does not follow through, plain and simple. Actions speak louder than words.

correcaminos

Doesn't affect us at all. If we ever sold our DVC I'd just go back to hiring car services to drive me around. Not the biggest deal in the world for me.

I really don't like resort fees or parking fees in general. When I travel unless I am in a crowded city, I usually do not see parking fees. I also avoid any hotel that tacks on resort fees. Either give it to me in the room or I'll move on just because I want the total when I book, not added on after the fact items. In big cities I understand about parking and why they charge. Around Disney? I sort of get it because everyone is trying to circumvent the whole paying to park so to keep the parking lots for resorts only they had to do something. I remember when the Swan and Dolphin used to be free and the uproar that went into it when they started charging daily fees. It's just delayed by over a decade at Disney (with higher prices too).

John park hopper

Doesn't affect us at all. If we ever sold our DVC I'd just go back to hiring car services to drive me around. Not the biggest deal in the world for me.

I really don't like resort fees or parking fees in general. When I travel unless I am in a crowded city, I usually do not see parking fees. I also avoid any hotel that tacks on resort fees. Either give it to me in the room or I'll move on just because I want the total when I book, not added on after the fact items. In big cities I understand about parking and why they charge. Around Disney? I sort of get it because everyone is trying to circumvent the whole paying to park so to keep the parking lots for resorts only they had to do something. I remember when the Swan and Dolphin used to be free and the uproar that went into it when they started charging daily fees. It's just delayed by over a decade at Disney (with higher prices too).

It appears they incorporate a parking fee all ready in the higher room charge: so in addition to them charging you all ready they are adding on an additional parking fee beginning March 21. Personally I don't lilke being charged twice for something that a derive no benefit from.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

It doesn't affect me at all, but, there is a principle involved. I, as much as anyone, know how business works. If the public is willing to pay it, then it will just keep going up. This one is a particular slap in the face because, one... it isn't needed. They are not hurting for money and two... it isn't needed because the parking spaces have been paid for for years now and they do not have a shortage of land to expend them if they want too. They foresee a gold rush when SWL opens up and they are just positioning to suck in a lot of money from anyone that is willing to pay it. I'm just depressed that now that I have time to go to what was once my favorite place on earth, is someplace that due to admission increases, charges for things that used to be part of your admission charge and just the feeling that if I'm not bleeding money into their cup, I'm really not all that welcome. It's like having a loved one tell you to not come back until you are rich.

Last edited:

correcaminos

It appears they incorporate a parking fee all ready in the higher room charge: so in addition to them charging you all ready they are adding on an additional parking fee beginning March 21. Personally I don't lilke being charged twice for something that a derive no benefit from.
I'm DVC so I've actively been charged for my portion of maintaining thr parking lots since 2004 when I bought in. I'm not sure I agree that a higher room charge and being charged parking is being hit with it twice. The higher room charges go to other things. I see this as a way of getting revenue without directly raising room rates.

Again this doesn't affect me anyway unless I ever book a stay not through member services, but I don't really care for the extras unless parking is truly at a premium like in major cities. I just don't see this as double dipping so to speak.

tonymu

Premium Member
I have emailed the big three and will post if and when I get a response.
After emailing the same message to all three separately on Friday, Sunday morning at 10:35am I received a voicemail from a Guest Experiences Services rep thanking me for my email to George Kalogridis and wanting to discuss my comments and then I received an email at 10:40am mentioning he could not reach me by phone and asking for me to call him back. I have not had time to call him back but will update our conversation when I do.

Raineman

is It possible to park at a resort by simply telling the gate guard that you are going there to eat? If so, I’m sure a lot of people have used this to park there for free and take the bus to the parks or DS, to save money on parking. This may be part of the reason why resort parking charges are coming.

John park hopper

When checking into an on site resort you are given a pass to put in your car. It would be a simple matter to give a pass that indicates you are dinning print the time arrived and give a 2hr widow to allow for dinning. Security could easily make rounds periodiclly and ticket or have towed those who exceed the time allowed. Don't see how resort parking fees will stop people from parking

correcaminos

When checking into an on site resort you are given a pass to put in your car. It would be a simple matter to give a pass that indicates you are dinning print the time arrived and give a 2hr widow to allow for dinning. Security could easily make rounds periodiclly and ticket or have towed those who exceed the time allowed. Don't see how resort parking fees will stop people from parking
It's been a few years since I was given a parking pass for overnight parking. Though IMO it makes more sense to give a pass for parking overnight vs not. Your method means someone just has to not put the pass in the window and not be towed. If you have to show a pass to prove you paid it's more of a sure thing to use it.

again they'd have to go back to using them for parking because even at BC last year we didn't get one on either of our trips there.

DfromATX

I think of it this way. If TDO gets away with charging for hotel parking, how long will it be before they start to charge for Magical Express? I'm a stock holder (albeit a very small amount) and I think this is just plain wrong. Pricing has gotten totally out of control, be it admission, hotels, food, etc. There is such a thing as killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

I completely agree. Even though we don't drive, I still hate it for my fellow Disney visitors who do drive. The ME is such a nice perk. I hope they don't ever start charging for that - although the cost of that is included in what we pay in some form or fashion. Nothing is free. They are just letting us think it is.

DfromATX

I thnk think they are trying to do all the bad stuff this year. Everyone will complain then Starwarsland will come in 2019 and everyone will forget about it but the upcharged remain.

I didn't think of that. Think of all the money they're going to get from all the "extra" people Star Wars is going to bring, people who otherwise wouldn't be going to Disney (people like my brother)... Dang...

yensid67

Original Poster
I know other hotels in the area charge a RESORT FEE, but that resort fee assumingly covers Parking. Over prices room rates at Disney Parks are the resort fee included in the TOTAL ROOM price. Now Disney wants to continue to charge for resort fees and add on parking, when it was included before! It's not fair, its wrong! Think about this way...before a Value is $97 a night with the resort fee included...most hotels have a resort fee of up to $10 per night, Disney at the rate of $97 is getting up to $20-$30 per night for resort fees based on the room prices at area hotels...still not fair and still wrong! Disney said that all hotel in Orlando charge resort or parking fees...the hotel I stay at does not charge either! So HA!

BoarderPhreak

Honestly, it doesn't affect me in the least. I haven't parked at WDW (at all) in over five years; and that was a one-night deal. I fly down, rent a car and return it the day of arrival.

That being said, if I did have to pay $100+ for a week's worth of parking at an already overpriced resort, I'd be kinda PO'ed. Arguably, "I can afford it" but that's beside the point. Many families can't and I see this as a cash grab, much like budget airlines tacking on a million fees and another step in the march toward keeping out The Poors. I think we all know it's not to discourage parking and ease crowding in the lots. Boo, Disney.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
It doesn't affect me, I'm somewhat apathetic towards the situation. It does bother me a bit in principle because it seems like yet another money grab by disney, but it doesn't bother me enough to call to complain. I don't see complaining about a fee that doesn't impact me at all

Daddy Skywalker

We usually rent a car...but i guess now we'll have to use the disney transportation. Not the most optimal solution but almost the same. Now, this is truly wrong for folks who drive to disney not fly.

Chef Mickey

I honestly don't see what the big uproar is about.

Hotels charging for parking FOR GUESTS is super common among popular destinations. Disney World isn't your local Holiday Inn, even if the rooms are glorified motels.

Bottom line, they are charging because they can and frankly, it's pretty standard.

Wait until the next thing they start charging that every high end hotel charges today. Resort fees. It typically includes Internet, hotel "activities," some free water, and various other things you take for granted. I paid $75 PER DAY in resort fees in the Caymans.

Disney isn't done yet, so just buckle up. We have to realize Disney World is literally a top 5 destination in the world and they can and will do whatever the market allows.

wendysue

Thanks, am on the phone now. :)

Just got off the phone. It was way easier than expected. We canceled our AP's and the trip for July. Kinda sad, but it's just not the same as it was, so rather than continuing to go and then being mad at myself for spending the money, I'll now get a pretty hefty refund and start on some new adventures. I expect all the rest of you that still go to HAVE FUN. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom