WDW Parking Fees Poll

How many of you have contacted Disney voicing your concerns?

• Yes, I have

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Yes, got a response

Votes: 23 9.4%
  • No, but plan to

Votes: 76 31.0%
  • No, it doesn't effect me

Votes: 83 33.9%
  • I Don't Care!

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters

yensid67

Original Poster
With the Resort Parking Fees current state, how many of you have contacted Disney to voice your concerns?

yensid67

Original Poster
Even if this does not effect you because you stay off site, your voice could be the turning point for other guests that do stay on site! I do not stay on property but this action has ed me off! Email or Call Disney NOW#5MINUTESMAKEADIFFERENCE

UncleMike101

Even if this does not effect you because you stay off site, your voice could be the turning point for other guests that do stay on site! I do not stay on property but this action has ****ed me off! Email or Call Disney NOW#5MINUTESMAKEADIFFERENCE
What honks me off is that if Disney get away with this, because the Disney going Public doesn't raise enough of a stink, they will merrily continue to shove it to us.
Apathy is tantamount to approval of their actions.

Raineman

This whole thing is getting blown out of proportion. I realize that other increases in costs that have already happened have made people frustrated and this maybe put them over the edge, but come on. Anyone that regularly blows hundreds of dollars on Disney merch or hard ticketed events every time they spend a week at WDW has no right to complain-no one is forcing you to buy all those pins and t shirts and go to the events that cost extra. Cut back on the souvenirs and cupcake parties and your parking is covered.

EricsBiscuit

I'm an AP but I would rather they just lift the rate a little for everyone. I hate fees that should be included in the room rate. Disney has always stood out from other hotel operators because they didn't nickel and dime you with hidden fees. Staying off site looks appealing to the untrained eye but when you factor in all the fees some hotels charge, it's not that much you're "saving."

fluffy

While the rooms are cheaper....the Swan and the Dolphin have always charged for parking and they also tack on a hefty service charge per night.....is this the way Disney resorts are going? Will they start adding a service charge too?

eliza61nyc

Thi first, I don't "blow"s whole thing is getting blown out of proportion. I realize that other increases in costs that have already happened have made people frustrated and this maybe put them over the edge, but come on. Anyone that regularly blows hundreds of dollars on Disney merch or hard ticketed events every time they spend a week at WDW has no right to complain-no one is forcing you to buy all those pins and t shirts and go to the events that cost extra. Cut back on the souvenirs and cupcake parties and your parking is covered.

for me it's not about the cost being "covered". First of all I'm a dvc member so parking is free. I object to outrageous totally unnecessary fees. I don't appreciate it when banks do it, I don't appreciate it when my 401k manager charges me extra on my portfolio if I make a change, I don't pay it when airlines try to do it.

I most certainly have a right to complain, I am the consumer. first of all I don't "blow" my money, I work hard for it and expect a fair exchange when I part with it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
And it won't affect me in the future, because I've got a peaceful, easy feelin'... this will be my last trip for a long, long time.
It makes me sad to read things like that. I spent the last four nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and it was fine. The staff was courteous and the room was pretty clean and the facilities were pretty nice. Then, on our last night, we had dinner at Boma. I walked into the Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby and instantly regretted that I wasn't staying there. I'm bummed when I hear about people losing the "magic."

mikewdw

While i see this as Disney taking away yet another onsite perk, as they have over the last two decades i have been going to WDW. this one to me is worse. instead of a gradual increase in parking, they have jumped in head first. parking is even one of the features i have always used when talking about WDW with others about the differences with WDW and other theme parks. but not only did they implement the charge but went all in with it. why not phase it in? start with an increase in valet parking (a choice to be charged) then later start with a much smaller fee 3-5$. it fees like someone made the decision and said "lets get all we can get". instead of looking like a company saying "we are making big investments in our parks over the next couple years and need some extra capital" it just looks like a big money grab. i usually am a big defender of Disney but this does seem a little overboard.

eliza61nyc

It makes me sad to read things like that. I spent the last four nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and it was fine. The staff was courteous and the room was pretty clean and the facilities were pretty nice. Then, on our last night, we had dinner at Boma. I walked into the Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby and instantly regretted that I wasn't staying there. I'm bummed when I hear about people losing the "magic."

I think for many it's a "combination" of things. park prices increasing, poor park offerings (although, I am encouraged by the new things finally happening) and park overcrowding and finally this.

also many other places have jumped on the "family" vacation band wagon. cruises, all inclusives have all really stepped up their game.

the problem with Disney is that they are forcing many of their returning customers to change the way they vacation every year to get the "magic" I do drive when I'm at the world, now I'm forced to either outlay more cash or vacation in a way I don't want. that effects me, vacations are the time when I do want to control my ability to enjoy myself.

Lastly, I can't help but feeling "what's next"

UncleMike101

My post from another thread with an update;
OK........
Is the WDW website screwing up again or is this for real??????
The Parking information page now (3/16/18 11:10 Eastern) states:

Resort Hotels
Standard self-parking at Resort hotels is complimentary for
Resort Guests. Valet parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts for $25 per day.
I have it up on two separate taps from two different links and It's the same on both.
Edit: I closed both tabs and re entered the WDW web site.
I searched for "Resort Parking" and under the heading of Resort Hotels is the following;
Resort Hotels
Standard self-parking at Resort hotels is complimentary for Resort Guests. Valet parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts for $25 per day.

Can anyone confirm or deny??????

tonymu

Premium Member
My post from another thread with an update;
OK........
Is the WDW website screwing up again or is this for real??????
The Parking information page now (3/16/18 11:10 Eastern) states:

Resort Hotels
Standard self-parking at Resort hotels is complimentary for
Resort Guests. Valet parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts for $25 per day.
I have it up on two separate taps from two different links and It's the same on both.
Edit: I closed both tabs and re entered the WDW web site.
I searched for "Resort Parking" and under the heading of Resort Hotels is the following;
Resort Hotels
Standard self-parking at Resort hotels is complimentary for Resort Guests. Valet parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts for $25 per day.

Can anyone confirm or deny??????
When I click on a resort, I tried 6, it says new policy in effect starting March 21 they are charging. When I click the link below that or search on their site for parking it is back to saying it is complimentary!

UncleMike101

When I click on a resort, I tried 6, it says new policy in effect starting March 21 they are charging. When I click the link below that or search on their site for parking it is back to saying it is complimentary!
Maybe someone in the IT dept. at Disney has had a brain hemorrhage and doesn't know what's going on..............

tonymu

Premium Member
Maybe someone in the IT dept. at Disney has had a brain hemorrhage and doesn't know what's going on..............
Yesterday both pages were in sync. Strange. Seems like they would want to have both pages, saying the same thing. Nothing like creating more angst on an already hot topic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom