WDW Parking Fees Poll

How many of you have contacted Disney voicing your concerns?

• Yes, I have

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Yes, got a response

Votes: 23 9.4%
  • No, but plan to

Votes: 76 31.0%
  • No, it doesn't effect me

Votes: 83 33.9%
  • I Don't Care!

Votes: 22 9.0%

• Total voters

DfromATX

I am going to Universal in May. ( I went to Disney in January) Unfortunately, on this particular point, they currently charge $22.00 a
night to park your vehicle, if you are a resort guest.

I meant in general they are cheaper. I don't know about parking anyway because we always fly. Actually, when we went to Universal, we used the hotel's shuttle.

DfromATX

IMO, Disney should never be anyone's only vacation option, or theme parks period, for that matter. Even if you stick to North America, there are so many places full of history or interesting things to do and see. It just seems like there are quite a few people on here who give the impression that if Disney parks aren't an option for them, they'll just sit at home, and I don't get that at all. You could probably take quite a road trip for the price you would pay for a week at WDW for 3 or 4 people.

Agreed. Disney is my favorite vacation destination, but I like other places too. We go every 2 or 3 years. I don't think I'd want to go every year or multiple times a year like some people I know.

wendysue

Have you ever been to Universal? It's a lot of fun (and cheaper)! As much as I love Disney, it's not the only vacation destination for us. There are lots of places to go and see. :happy:

Yes, we have been to Uni and really enjoyed it, but of course, prices there have skyrocketed as well. We also had a good time at Busch Gardens and will go back there again. Just time for a change to maybe some different parts of the country. :)

Chef Mickey

Exactly... and the need to be loyal to Disney fades with every generation beyond Walt himself. Those coattails are long, but, they are not never ending. Oh, btw, nobody wants to think about that, but, it can happen whether we think about it or not. Right now the economy is doing very well for the very rich. Those of us that are not poor, but, no where close to rich are the ones that will reach that line first.
The economy is doing well for a lot more than just the "rich." Capitalism works and got us here. Disney is a result of capitalism too.

Chef Mickey

Apparently you're financially well off.
Congratulations.
However for the rest of us who aren't awash in money we are forced to scrimp and save to make a trip to that "incredibly cheap" resort.
Yeah........
Sucks to be us....................
Why did you quote "incredibly cheap?" I never said that. I said Disney's value story is incredible, relative to other top vacation destinations. I say that because it's true. Price out trips other places. Hawaii, 7 Mile Beach, Tokyo, New York, Paris, etc. Don't forget to add activities too.

Point is, it's not about being rich or poor. It's about understanding the market dictates pricing and Disney isn't on their own planet. You are free to change your life if you're "scrimping and saving" to make it work for a trip to Disney.

Chef Mickey

I'm glad that your life is perfect and that world of rainbows and unicorns is intact for you. Most of the world has less then golden paved roadways.
What are you talking about perfect? I am simply telling you the economy is doing as well as it has, well, ever in history and you're acting like it's this enormous struggle for everyone except Warren Buffett. Everyone has problems, including me, but we can still make observations about an objectively roaring economy, low unemployment, and all time high markets without being so cynical, can't we? You made the leap to perfection based on my observation about the economy, not me.

I've traveled around the world you talk of "less than golden" and let me tell you, no one in America has any room to talk, AT ALL. You're making my argument. If you don't like your job or income, change it. I'm talking dollars and cents here. From a financial perspective, you have A LOT of control over your own life. If you live in America, please stop complaining about how hard things are for you and how it's not fair. You're able bodied? Change it.

James Clifton

I've seen price increases before.....there was an uproar when candy went from a quarter to a dollar....people said I won't pay it etc.!Now it's accepted.Speaking of prices going up, how can the teens afford going to a movie?? Costs are more than $30 for a date at the movies.
Jim

Goofyernmost

What are you talking about perfect? I am simply telling you the economy is doing as well as it has, well, ever in history and you're acting like it's this enormous struggle for everyone except Warren Buffett. Everyone has problems, including me, but we can still make observations about an objectively roaring economy, low unemployment, and all time high markets without being so cynical, can't we? You made the leap to perfection based on my observation about the economy, not me.

I've traveled around the world you talk of "less than golden" and let me tell you, no one in America has any room to talk, AT ALL. You're making my argument. If you don't like your job or income, change it. I'm talking dollars and cents here. From a financial perspective, you have A LOT of control over your own life. If you live in America, please stop complaining about how hard things are for you and how it's not fair. You're able bodied? Change it.
OK, I'm sure that is what I was saying because there is no middle of the road there and if I said that I must have meant that the rich are doing well and everyone else is starving to death. The economy is going to downturn again and let me know who has been hurt the most when it does. Just so you don't twist that around and state that I think that the non-rich will lose more. The rich will lose more money, but, the non-rich could lose their homes, cars, etc. Let's keep this conversation base more on reality and less on dreams and wishes.

Chef Mickey

OK, I'm sure that is what I was saying because there is no middle of the road there and if I said that I must have meant that the rich are doing well and everyone else is starving to death. The economy is going to downturn again and let me know who has been hurt the most when it does. Just so you don't twist that around and state that I think that the non-rich will lose more. The rich will lose more money, but, the non-rich could lose their homes, cars, etc. Let's keep this conversation base more on reality and less on dreams and wishes.
Why wouldn't the people with less money be hurt more? Of course a billionaire losing 1 of his 2 billion is still a billionaire, despite losing 50%. Should we not have billionaires? What are your suggestions to fix it? Our "poor" people in America have plenty to weather an economic storm if they understand how to plan, like anyone should.

Capitalism works. Is it perfect? No, but what is?

UncleMike101

Why did you quote "incredibly cheap?" I never said that. I said Disney's value story is incredible, relative to other top vacation destinations. I say that because it's true. Price out trips other places. Hawaii, 7 Mile Beach, Tokyo, New York, Paris, etc. Don't forget to add activities too.

Point is, it's not about being rich or poor. It's about understanding the market dictates pricing and Disney isn't on their own planet. You are free to change your life if you're "scrimping and saving" to make it work for a trip to Disney.
Below is your post stating that "Disney is still incredibly cheap"
No amount of word bending or meaning adjustment can change the facts.
Unless of course you're a politician............

I'm not offended because I really don't care what you think. I live in reality and can tell you Disney is still incredibly cheap to the point it has a crowd problem. Just go there. I have an annual pass. Too many people at too many times of year.

Travel to any top destination in the world and you'll see how much travel really costs.

Disney's value story is incredible when you consider all you're getting. Since they failed to expand, too many people come now and it's lowered the quality standard. I'd love it if they raised prices because I'd pay double to cut crowds by even just 1/3.

You're just mad because you don't like my opinion. Doesn't make me an idiot. It makes you soft to get that upset by a post.

spock8113

I'll vote but Disney's Board is like the electoral college where the number of shares you have gives you a number of votes per share holder.
i.e.: If you have 3,000,000 shares, you get 300,000 votes.
Then throw in the Russians................
Like the Redhead scene, it's all a done deal.

Chef Mickey

Below is your post stating that "Disney is still incredibly cheap"
No amount of word bending or meaning adjustment can change the facts.
Unless of course you're a politician............
Ah, it had some context. It's incredibly cheap for what you get and relative to similar alternatives.

philcan

well i got my reply WDW really did not care they are looking at things like their spots in CA & HI (where space is a premium) here is what they had to say. I think if they start charging for fats pass 2019 is my last trip.

Guest Experience Services (Disney)
Mar 25, 3:13 PM PDT
Dear Philip,

Thank you for your email regarding our policy for overnight resort parking.

We appreciate your loyalty to the Walt Disney World Resort and that you continue to bring your family back to visit us. We occasionally make adjustments based on a variety of factors, including alignment with our resorts in California and Hawaii as well as with industry standards. The policy regarding resort overnight parking will apply to reservations booked on or after March 21, 2018, while Theme Park parking will remain complimentary for all Resort Guests. Information about parking for Resort Guests may be found on our website.

Complimentary parking will be available for all Guests who wish to dine, shop, enjoy activities or visit a resort for the day.

Be assured that we are committed to providing unique experiences and quality entertainment in our Theme Parks and Resorts.

Philip, thank you again for reaching out. We hope you and your family will visit us soon.

Warmest regards,

Lee
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

tagguy

I would agree if Disney charged room rates that were compatible with those alleged other hotels. Disney already gouges people for a 3 star or less room and are now charging extra for a piece of land that has been a parking lot for anywhere from 47 to 5 years in a privately owned piece of land that consists of over 40000 acres of mostly unused land. It is one of the most blatant charges yet. That pavement isn't charging them any extra money that isn't already covered and then some by those insane room rates.

You can give them a pass if you want, but, I know a holdup when I see one. And this is basic Robbery 101. The have a magical day will only come someplace else because for me, the magic is dead.

I agree with you 100%. The magic for me and my extended family is dead.
We have been fortunate enough to have our family of 11 together at Disney for the past 5 years, with January, 2018, being our last. We've always purchased the meal plan which allows the freedom of choice for us, but that has increased in price for those who would like to order "adult" beverages. Our family doesn't drink, so we are subsidizing those who would like to (I have nothing against drinking). There isn't a plan for those who don't drink "adult" beverages. The parking fee is the last straw for us. Disney is getting too greedy. They have gotten there last dollar from me.

Littleclown

I care very much about these changes. I have been going to Disney since 1975 when it was only Magic Kingdom. I would like to talk about keeping things in perspective. I can remember back before technology took over Disney like it has in our daily lives. Back when you went to Disney and you were really in a Magical world. You had no newspapers at your resort, no tv news on, and no internet to look up what was happening outside of you being on a vacation and enjoying your family time together. Sure things have moved forward, as has the rest of the world. I have been to Disney world over 20 times since my first visit and had to endure price increases over those visits but it still has to be about enjoying the Magic of Disney. We now use a My Disney experience with our cell phones out all the time trying to be the first to get a fast pass to the next big thing. Maybe we should all just slow down and enjoy the magic and having time with our family and enjoying every minute in the Magic of Disney. Agree that adding parking fees do and already expensive vacation is just money for something that has always been free. But let's look at what it nows gives you in today world while you are at Disney. Beside the magic is the new technology that wi-fi in all the parks gives you. Looking at new rides like Flight of Passage, Rivers of Life and even Soaring taken you and a magical experience. Rides like it's a small world still fill in the joy for the young, as well as being with real live Princesses and of course all the other the characters they have grown up loving. So ending, we need to take a step back and look at why we go to Disney not just at what it costs in money, but the memories it will always give us that cannot be bought later in life. Just remember what Walt said, "IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE"

MAGICFLOP

So ending, we need to take a step back and look at why we go to Disney not just at what it costs in money, but the memories it will always give us that cannot be bought later in life. Just remember what Walt said, "IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE"
I would've agree with that statement up to 10 years ago, I just don't like the changes so therefore whatever they charge is no value to me, with that said I have a lot of wonderful memories with my family and kids. I just stopped, because I don't want my memories tainted by what I might see changed...

I still expect to see an updated COP where it is a single mother, no husband or grandparents and the kids with lines like 'My dad says your lazy' and the other kid responds with 'Yeah, well my dad says your dad is welfare bum, but lets ask Mom who's right'

John park hopper

I have been going since 1972 and all through the 80's and 90's with my kids most recent 2017. I have plenty of memories from a time when it did not cost an arm and 2 legs, when the crowds were not ridiculous along with the wait times, a time when characters roamed the MK and I did not have to pay for overprice character meals, a time when the parks were open late and there were not the upcharges for extra hours, a time when on site resorts provided free parking(though it was included in the high cost of the rooms) for guests. A time when I felt Disney put the guest first and not just out to make as much $$ off of me as possible. It all started with a mouse and has been taken over by the bean counters at the direction of Bob Ogre I mean Iger

Bpmorley

I've been thinking that sooner or later Disney is going to shoot themselves in the foot. This may be the beginning. Even though this doesn't effect me(DVC) I think it's a terrible thing. I have emailed them, but I think it will fall on deaf ears. I think they realized more people were renting cars and leaving the resort. I get a car everytime and do the majority of my dining off property. That's money that disney wants and if they're not getting it they will make some people pay more to save money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom