WDW on Birthdays

CubsRock

Original Poster
I'll be in WDW on my birthday three weeks from tomorrow. I will be staying at POFQ. What does WDW do special for birthdays, is there any specific park i should go to in particular? Thanks! :)

MicheleK

We took out daughter on her 8th birthday. We hit MK first then MGM (that's what it was called five years ago ;)). The CM there took us right to city hall and got my daughter a birthday button to wear all day. At jsut about every attraction the CM got on the mic and got the whole que singing happy birthday to her. It was a very "magical" day, something she still remembers... and she's 13 now :wave:. Also, we all got to ride in the front of the monorail with the driver, something we had never gotten a chance to do before... What fun that was :sohappy::D!

MissM

It really all depends. Last year (2007) was a real dud for my birthday. Got a few birthday wishes from CM's but nothing "special." This year (2008) - holy cow! I got SO spoiled! A CM in Frontierland got the entire crowd walking by to sing "Happy Birthday" to me, a CM at Cosmic Rays gave me a free large iced tea and two chocolate cakes (she tried to grab one but two packages were stuck together, so she gave me both) and I stopped at a snack cart to buy a bottle of water and a Mickey Premium bar and the CM just handed them to me and wished me a Happy Birthday. I felt so spoiled!

Get the button. Have fun. Just don't expect anything specific. Sometimes you'll get magical moments. Sometimes you won't. But it's fun just to get wished Happy Birthday by everyone. Anything extra is icing on the cake. :D
-m

TinkerCarol

Besides celebrating my DD and SIL's anniversary I am celebrating 5 years cancer free. I am celebrating even without the special button. Maybe I should make one up myself! This is a BIG year for me! YAHOO!!

Sassagoula-Rvr

I'll be in WDW on my birthday three weeks from tomorrow. I will be staying at POFQ. What does WDW do special for birthdays, is there any specific park i should go to in particular? Thanks! :)

When I went last summer a young relative was celebrating his birthday as well. (We even stayed at POFQ) Their was a lady working on cleaning the tables in Sassagoula Floatworks. And she overheard it was his birthday, left came back with a personalized birthday pin to wear at the parks that day as it was breakfast, a signed birthday card from Mickey and a little cupcake with candle. It was breakfast but his parents figured oh well we're at Disney.

And BTW THIS IS THE CUBS YEAR TO REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::wave:

kstella

I was there on my birthday last year. The CM at Soarin saw the pin and announced to everyone queing up that it was my birthday. That was pretty much it, other than all the Happy Birthdays I got just walking around. I have the birthday cake hat, but it gets really warm.

I'll be there next year on my birthday, too. It'll be my 40th so I don't know what my DH and DM will cook up!

bayoumoon

Besides celebrating my DD and SIL's anniversary I am celebrating 5 years cancer free. I am celebrating even without the special button. Maybe I should make one up myself! This is a BIG year for me! YAHOO!!

You should make your own and celebrate your "5th birthday". :sohappy:

eliezrah

When we were there for our Disneymoon 6 years ago it was also DH's bday. Besides our bride and groom ears, he got a bday pin and got a lot of special attention. During the Lion King show, well before it, he was called up and the CM there had the entire audience sing happy bday to him. We also had quite a few CMs bring him to a phone where Goofy (I think it was Goofy) sang happy bday to him. As for what I did for him, I planned ahead and had balloons and a card from Donald (his fav) delivered to our room.

Happy early bday!

TinkerCarol, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

jjgoo

When you check in at your hotel, be sure to let your host know that you will be celebrating your birthday. Last year we were celebrating my wife's birthday and our first anniversary (a little early).

Well we got upgraded to a Suite and we had birthday and anniversary cards and balloons delivered to our room. It made the trip extra special.

Scott951

When we were there for our Disneymoon 6 years ago it was also DH's bday. Besides our bride and groom ears, he got a bday pin and got a lot of special attention. During the Lion King show, well before it, he was called up and the CM there had the entire audience sing happy bday to him. We also had quite a few CMs bring him to a phone where Goofy (I think it was Goofy) sang happy bday to him. As for what I did for him, I planned ahead and had balloons and a card from Donald (his fav) delivered to our room.

Happy early bday!

TinkerCarol, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

I remember it well. With all the special treatment for my birthday on top of the honeymoom treatment....made it the best 2 weeks ever.

cndrellagrl

Get a pin for sure! Don't expect anything. It sounds like people on here have had some amazing experiences - I hope the same holds true for you! We went as a large group last year for my parents 25th anniversary. I mentioned it when making all the reservations and when we got to the hotel, and nothing special happened - in fact, they wouldnt even let us use our own decorations on their room, it was disappointing.

freakman

HAd no luck with birthdays at WDW...Booked Dolphin in depth tour as a surprise for my wife and they called me 2 days before I left and said they where jack hammering while I was there to put Nemo in the Seas..I called when the refurb was announced and before I bought my plane ticket and they told me there would be no problems..

This year I was there on May 24 my birthday..wife had a surprise epcot fireworks cruise booked for me and the only place in all of Florida that had lightning and rain clouds was over epcot....canceled. Then I got charged 35 for a cake I never got.....0 for 2 :cry:

I did get a cupcake and signed card from animal kingdom and a ton of comments...I was 34 with a birthday button that was a lot of fun :)

Cmdr_Crimson

Well besides getting all four b-day buttons in 2005
Bdaybuttons.jpg

Studios & MK's where the same.

They now have one standard button that they write on..I'll probably get one for my collection since I'll be returning to celebrate my 30th. But, I got a few things during my week there...

Epcot - Patriotic Jello Cup ~ Liberty Inn
MK - Fudge Brownie ~ Pecos Bills Tall Tale Cafe
DTD - Magical Moment Certificate
Studios - CM Sung A Birthday Song (which wasn't very long)...Seriously that's all the lyrics!
AK - Nothing.

It all depends where you are and what the CM Does. I suggest if you get the button wear it so it's pretty visible to a CM periph...And Booya you either get embarresed or enjoy the goodness..Either way you'll want to rememeber it! I'm also going to be wearing it during MNSSHP to see what happens.

Sulu

I will be celebrating my birthday in three weeks at the world as well (7/19)! Have a great day!!:sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

I LOVE birthdays in WDW...

When you go(as said before) get the button!Over 35 Cast Members wished be a happy birthday last year and at AA we were honored as the "First Family of the Day"...It was AMAZING.

Tinkrbell

I have been there for both my 17th & 18th bdays. For my 17th, we went to a MNSSHP & I got quite a few extra handfuls of candy when the CMs passing it out saw my button. During the trip for my 18th bday, we were getting on the bus to Epcot right after we got to Pop from the airport & the bus driver saw the button & got the entire bus to sing to me. (You can also get the buttons from the main desk of the hotel.)

mro415

As soon as you enter any of the parks, make sure you get your birthday pin!
Call the front desk of your hotel and have them send balloons and a card from one of the characters.. You can also order Birthday ammenities depending on the hotel you are staying.. chocolate covered strawberries, a cake etc with your name on it and decorated for your birthday. Any restaurant is great for your birthday however.

Tiggerfanatic

I celebrated my 50th with a trip last year and proudly wore my birthday button all week. I got a free cookie in the Land, and a special dessert and picture at California Grill, but the best present was when Pooh picked a flower from a nearby bush and presented it to me.

The best attitude to have is, enjoy all the little added extras that may come you way, but don't automatically expect upgrades and freebies; they are so much more special when they occur unexpectedly.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm hopefully going around my next birthday! A couple years back we went around my dad's birthday and he got all sorts of sweet freebies!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom