WDW Now Stale And Uninteresting?

drp4video

When my daughter was younger and we had AP's, we went about 4 times a year, and after a while going to WDW every year, four times a year, sometimes for 10 days at a time, did lose some of it's special excitement. She even mentioned she was getting tired of going to the same place all the time for vacations. (not me lol)

Now, that she is 22, we haven't been since last March, and that was only a 5day trip on the spur of the moment. Well, we just watched the ABC special about 75 years of animation, and both of us are now missing WDW so much!. Although, I don't think we will be going till after Harry Potter opens at Universal due to the economy.

For me, WDW is the best vacation a family can take because no matter how old everyone is in the family, there is always something we can all do at WDW, together. When my daughter was 16, we took a friend and went to LA, and you know what, at night they were bored to death. But at 16, when we went to WDW, there was always something we could do together. And, when I took my mom who was 74 at the time, there was a lot for all of us. It is truely a wonderful place to bring families together, and for that reason, it will never get old.

DougK

I just wish they would fix the food problem at WDW. I am particularly referring to the table service restaurants. The quality has gone so far downhill it's a joke. The prices keep going up, which I would not mind if the quality was still there. The menus get smaller. You don't find lobster tail or filet mignon or a host of other items at most of the restaurants anymore. You can barely get a reservation during busier times of the year.

That is pretty interesting really, reservations are harder to get but the quality, service and selection is far worse. In other words Disney has no incentive to improve the restaurants, they have found that the average family is not that discriminating when it comes to dining, and they are taking advantage of that.

And it's all due to the Disney Dining Plan.

Oh, and for goodness sakes, bring back Alfredo's.

TinkerBelle8878

@ BigThunderMatt- Ditto on your post. To just about everything in it. This is similar to what I posted earlier in the thread. Something is just off at WDW and nothing's being done to really fix the issue.

@DougK- Its not just the table service restaurants. Although I can see it being more of a problem there with the cost and time spent to get those reservations, if you can get them. I think the DDP is shortsighted. It lowered the food quality to feed the masses and still profit but maybe they should get rid of it and bring back better food for a little more money. Get rid of the mandatory tip and tick off less people. I read on another board that some poor person paid for the DDP and started calling within their window to make reservations and nothing was open. Not one reservation for their entire trip at one restaurant. Maybe this was slightly exaggerated but I'm sure it wasn't far off. This is going to really turn people off in time and backfire, I believe, combined with the poor food. Those who have eaten at the table service and were disappointed won't go through all of it again to do it on another visit.

blueboxdoctor

The Disney Company seems to be giving money anyplace but Orlando (with the exception of Fantasy Land). You'd think that Universal's Harry Potter world would have lit a bigger fire under them.

There's Everest but that park needed the push of a thrill ride (not a fan of the influx of these) to get the older kids in.

They should go ahead with the Fantasyland fix and continue from that. Build Beastly in AK, do something with DHS that doesn't require an 80 minute line for a 60 second ride.

ok, harry potter's prob gonna die in like ten years, it's basically dead now, twilight (oh the horribleness that is twilight) killed it and then killed it again with a little more killing and some more.

ok, i'm not a fan of Everest. and on senior trip more people were interested in MK than that ride, a lot of ppl have a false idea that teenagers don't like disney, let me tell you, that is NOT true at all.

and yeah, AK needs anything to save it, my guess is they ran out of money making it too big, and didn't know what to do with it. wasn't beastly kingdom supposed to have like dragons? if so that would be amazing and i would have to go, cause dragons and other epic mythical creatures are great.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Anyone else notice that the OP started this tread and has had NO OTHER posts on the board? :lookaroun

WDWPrincess87

i have to def. dissagree lol. disney is a new experience everytime you go! i do agree tho that i wish they would put some newer, maybe more extreme rides in. but everytime i go to disney i feel like a kid again. and disney is the only place where you actually get what you pay for (98% of the time atleast!). the staff is so awesome, and they treat you with the respect you deserve. you get amazing service when you go to disney and thats what i love. you cant get that anywhere else really. it would be cool tho if disney opened up a line or something where guests could call in or email in some ideas for new rides. cause i would love to see some more new things!:sohappy:

sublimesting

I think alot of times people have a great experience (with anything) and then try to recreate those times. but this can't be done and only leads to dosappointment. You have to take each trip as it comes and be open to new ideas. If you try to recreate an old memory it will get stale. I always have a habit of doing this myself. Take Christmas for example. I may watch 25 Christmas spoecials and make 5 different cookies and do some holiday activities and have a blast of a season. Well the next year I try to do the same exact stuff but it feels more like I am going through a checklist of recreating past holidays instead of reimagineering new memories.
Maybe at Disney next time come up with a bunch of things you have never done. Don't be so worried about riding every ride or eating at all your favorite places. The DW did this one year where we just slowed it dwn and walked along absorbing the details of the place.

JiminyandTink

I think alot of times people have a great experience (with anything) and then try to recreate those times. but this can't be done and only leads to dosappointment. You have to take each trip as it comes and be open to new ideas. QUOTE]

That's a good point, I think you're right

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom