WDW Named a Terrorist Attack Site

Erika

Originally posted by alee4eva
Living on Long Island, and knowing 23 people personally who were killed

Alee, I'm really sorry. We felt quite a few ripples out here but it is nothing compared to your experience.

Terp02

As scared as I am about another terrorist attack happening, especially living right outside of NYC and going to school right outside of DC, everyone has to realize this: it could have happened at any time, and any place before, but it's just now we realize how real the threat is. Just remember they tried blowing up the WTC back a couple of years, and were unsuccessful. And just like how everyone is saying that these groups could do this and that, think of this: they could have done this yesterday, three years ago, etc.; just because it's finally happened, doesn't mean that it'll happen again, but it most likely will since they feel they were successful. Just live a normal life, I know I am, just with a little more caution and fear, but then again i worry a lot.

Fossil

I can't begin to ponder the thought that WDW maybe attacked my terrorist but it could happen espcially it being the number 1 tourist attraction in the world. They probably think where else is there a better place with a lot of people than disney world. They know they hit us hard but didn't they think we would hit them harder...idiots!

DisneyHog6

Nothing they do will change the way I live my life. If I change in any way, then they have already won, and they will not beat me! I will fly on planes, I will go to cities, and I will have a wonderful time in WDW...bottom line!

niteobsrvr

For those of you who don't think Disney would be a target worth considering, think about this scenario.

WDW gets hit by terrorists.

Potentially tens of thousands of casualties.

People around the world put a halt to their vacations.

Thousands of Hospitality industry employees lose their jobs, not just here, but everywhere a tourist might go. Unemployment, welfare, and other scial type costs would skyrocket around the country.

The immediate financial impact would be phenomenal due to the government aid to clean up the disaster, provide medical attention, and increase protection at other facilities around the country.

Insurance claims would be unbeleivable. Disney would most likely not survive financially due to all the lawsuits that would be filed against it.

The impact the events of Sept. 11 on the tourist industry were incredible. A second blow, to a tourist spot, would devestate the industry for some time to come. The ripple effect would do serious damage to an economy that already can't decide if it is recovering or not.

epcot71

actually disney is a very easy target if someone wanted to do some damage they wouldnt do it by bomb-think about this-orlando is a huge city with millions of visitors however the areas surrounding orlando are very agricultural thus having many crop duster planes in places like winter haven,plant city,lakeland etc.how could they get the most bang for the buck?????-take a crop duster from a little air field fly it over disney with anthrax-noone would really know until they boarded thier planes back home and then spread it all over nationally thus an epidemic.remember a couple of weeks after sept 11 a plane was missing in lantana fla then that guy died of anthrax coming from lantana to i think north or south carolina???

Rehabilitated

Epcot71 - Yes, they could crop-dust WDW with Anthrax...however one has to consider the reality of biologic and chemical agents. They are VERY difficult to get to actually work as weapons.

Dust-cropping from planes requires absolutely perfect wind conditions and even then it is considered highly doubtful that the terrorists would have enough to do kill a significant number of people. In addition, due to the incubation period it could take longer to diagnosed than people stay on property and 2 and 2 may never be put together identifying Disney World as the target location.

There are better ways to use bio & chemical weapons at WDW to generate higher yields with even less chance of getting caught then crop dusting, but I'm not going to post them. I'm not saying no threat exists, but the reality of bio and chemical weapons is that they really are very poor weapons in the hands of amateurs and require very large quantities to get the desired yield.

For everyone, I caution you against posting information such as attack ideas, scenarios and locations. We know our home towns better than any visitor ever would, and it serves no purpose to publicize our weaknesses and worse - do the creative thinking for terrorists and copycats. Even what is obvious to us as Americans can be completely foreign to terrorists because they don't think like us.

lilkitty819

People please keep to all your plans.....Don't change on the what ifs....fear is what the terrorist thrives on ....I refused to give into the terrorist last Sept..... and I won't do it this year either....Last Sept.. we had a a cruise to go on and we flew on that Sat..that there were rumors that they were suppose to hijack more planes...But my husband and I were not going to give into the fear...We went and had a great time.....So don't give the terrorist what they want......Live every day to the fullest....and don't worry about what ifs....:fork:

Originally posted by Rehabilitated
Epcot71 - Yes, they could crop-dust WDW with Anthrax...however one has to consider the reality of biologic and chemical agents. They are VERY difficult to get to actually work as weapons.

Dust-cropping from planes requires absolutely perfect wind conditions and even then it is considered highly doubtful that the terrorists would have enough to do kill a significant number of people. In addition, due to the incubation period it could take longer to diagnosed than people stay on property and 2 and 2 may never be put together identifying Disney World as the target location.

There are better ways to use bio & chemical weapons at WDW to generate higher yields with even less chance of getting caught then crop dusting, but I'm not going to post them. I'm not saying no threat exists, but the reality of bio and chemical weapons is that they really are very poor weapons in the hands of amateurs and require very large quantities to get the desired yield.

For everyone, I caution you against posting information such as attack ideas, scenarios and locations. We know our home towns better than any visitor ever would, and it serves no purpose to publicize our weaknesses and worse - do the creative thinking for terrorists and copycats. Even what is obvious to us as Americans can be completely foreign to terrorists because they don't think like us.

VERY VERY WELL SAID!!!!!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by NowInc
Even before 9/11...Disney was a terrorist Target...or did everyone already forget new years 2000...

I remember they gave us Custodials special instructions and flashlights because they were worried about Y2K. :confused:

Disney_Freak:oþ

Originally posted by Hyperion93
I heard this from a friend in Miami. Supposedly, WDW was named as one of the prime spots for the next terrorrist attack. If anybody has any news on this, please reply.

k,i know u were probably just wondering,but why would you want to come on a happy disney site,and say something upsetting like that? you just totally ruined my day...i actually got to the point were i forgot about 9/11 most of the time,but now i'm worried all over again....but disney wasnt just now named a terrorist attack site,but they closed wdw down after the first attacks,so that right there tells you they thought it could be...but it wasn't..and i dont think it will be...because,think about it...you're in animal kingdom,if a plane hit the epcot ball,you wouldnt be killed (probably) only the people around there....people aren't all bunched up in disney world...in the world trade center,people were locked in there,and had no way of getting out...so that was the best bet....i dont think that terrorists would be stupid enough to do something like that again...america is strong!!!!! america can whoop terrorist butt! and if they dont know that by now,then if they try something else,we will definitely show them! am i right?

Cindy Rella

Originally posted by Rehabilitated

Amen!

JenLUVSmickey

Disney_Freak:eek:þ
k,i know u were probably just wondering,but why would you want to come on a happy disney site,and say something upsetting like that? you just totally ruined my day...i actually got to the point were i forgot about 9/11 most of the time,but now i'm worried all over again....but disney wasnt just now named a terrorist attack site,but they closed wdw down after the first attacks,so that right there tells you they thought it could be...but it wasn't..and i dont think it will be...because,think about it...you're in animal kingdom,if a plane hit the epcot ball,you wouldnt be killed (probably) only the people around there....people aren't all bunched up in disney world...in the world trade center,people were locked in there,and had no way of getting out...so that was the best bet....i dont think that terrorists would be stupid enough to do something like that again...america is strong!!!!! america can whoop terrorist butt! and if they dont know that by now,then if they try something else,we will definitely show them! am i right?

Obviously not everything is happy in this world. Its a scary thing and there is nothing wrong with asking. You didn't have to read this thread if it was going to ruin your day. I don't think anything will happen to Disney World. That would be a step down from the towers. I live 20 minutes from the city. I travel in by train every other day. On the day of 9/11 I was going to school and I could see the towers burning from the train. Now every other day I look out the window and those towers are gone. Every other day I still see all the pictures of the missing people in Penn Station. Its real and its in your face. Don't let it scare you. DO'nt let it stop you from doing what you want to do. I almost stopped going to school because I was afraid to be on the train or in the subway or just in the city itself but I know thats what the terrorists want. So I am not giving in. Nobody should stop going to Disney or anything thing else for that matter! We have to enjoy life and thank god we don't have to live like they do and have a government like they do. SMILE, everything will be OK. :animwink:

Disney_Freak:oþ

geez...i can't post anything without someone telling me something bad about it...i didnt mean anything by it,ok? i know its real...no sh*t sherlock...i'm just saying,it doesnt have to be EVERYWHERE...isnt there anywhere we can go to escape it...yes...and how are the people on here going to know if disney world is gonna be hit by terrorists?

JenLUVSmickey

no need for that language on "a happy disney site."
its simply not necessary.

anyway, if you think about it, the twin towers was a major deal. I love my disney world but disney to me seems rinky next to the twin towers. after all that planning the terrorists i think are going to wannna go "BIGGER". Skyscrapers, bridges, government buildings, waterways, etc..... not Disney World.

your right nowinc. i was trying to say that before, so I am going to listen to you and move on to something happier.
:animwink:

Dwarful

Well, we are set to fly out of here in a few days...for a long planned ten day vacation to WDW! Well, first thing this AM both grandmas called....wanting us to promise not to let the kids drink out of the fountains etc..! It has them a bit unnerved that we are taking our two kids, plus two nephews and a niece! My husband tried to reassure them, still it does put a bit of a damper on it, but we will go on, and have a great time! I will post a nice trip report on June 4th (get home late on the 3rd) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom