WDW Magic Kingdom Street Party

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
Disney dance party

Walt Disney World will premier a daily, live-entertainment event called the "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party" in the Magic Kingdom in February.

The event, combining a parade and a dance party, will begin at Town Square and move down Main Street USA to the rhythms of contemporary pop songs such as "Breakout" by Miley Cyrus . The parade will include floats, stilt walkers and Disney characters. Visitors will be encouraged to mix, mingle and dance in the street during the 12- to 15-minute party.

"This is the main idea of the show -- to have the opportunity to play and dance with the characters," Disney Entertainment Producer Gary Gutierrez explained in a note to passholders.

culturenthrills

I am sorry but what does Miley Cyrus and Main Street USA have to do with each other. Now we are gonna hear lame pop songs on Main Street. They are really pushing it with this crap.

DTM93

I do not know why (at all) but I think this sounds okay.
But I would prefer just a normal parade over that any day.
And like someone else said if it is anything like HSM, oh dear. :lol:

krankenstein

I am actually ok with this. It's another form of entertainment that will encourage guest interaction which, IMO, is a good thing. I'll admit, Ms. Cyrus' music might not be my pick, but many of the younger set seem to enjoy it a(t least my little cousins do). I'm going to give this one a chance before I condemn it.

hpyhnt 1000

Who was the idiot who dreamed this up??? After reading that description, I have not one positive thing to say about crap. Please tell me this is a joke.

Please excuse my language, but this really... :hurl:

Rabflmom

Disney dance party

Walt Disney World will premier a daily, live-entertainment event called the "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party">>>>

Been there, done that is what it sounds like to me. Why would they do another street dance party parade when they already have one at at DHS? The one there gets such mixed reviews I would not consider it a success.

kimmykimmy

The parade sounds like a really cute idea, but Miley Cyrus?
Sick.
How about the Jo Bros instead? =)
Or just classic Disney songs?
Under the Sea is pretty catchy. As is Be Our Guest.
They could even put a pop spin on them and have Disney artists record them.

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
The parade sounds like a really cute idea, but Miley Cyrus?
Sick.
How about the Jo Bros instead? =)
Or just classic Disney songs?
Under the Sea is pretty catchy. As is Be Our Guest.
They could even put a pop spin on them and have Disney artists record them.

Yeah! Me too! I love Jo Bros! the parade will be awesome!

Cmdr_Crimson

This parade just seems to remind me of "Remember the Magic" with the 1986 Mickey's street party and throw up some Disney Channel Stars wrecking classic disney songs....:hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom