WDW Magic Kingdom "4th of July Fireworks!" LIVE! on WDWmagic.com!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
hardcard said:
not trying to be a buzz kill here.. But if the Mouse were aware of this, you would certainly be promptly removed from the park..

Aside from the fact that they are presenting the fireworks for paying park visitors, it's a MAJOR security risk for them to openly allow a guest to broadcast LIVE video from the parks....

Trust me.. keep this on the -downlow- if you intend to do it.

I dont believe they will be broadcasting live, as this isnt technically feasible as a park guest. I would think what they are doing is recording the show on July 3 (which is the July 4 show), and then playing this on July 4 at 9pm.

TimeTrip

wdwmagic said:
I dont believe they will be broadcasting live, as this isnt technically feasible as a park guest. I would think what they are doing is recording the show on July 3 (which is the July 4 show), and then playing this on July 4 at 9pm.

There are certainly ways to broadcast live. The biggest problem is the bandwidth and quality. I could drag along my notebook PC, hook a webcam/mic to it, then use my Sprint phone to connect it to the internet, and publish the dynamic ip address of the laptop. Tuck away the laptop and phone in a bag, and just shoot with the webcam. Ignoring legal issues, the biggest problem is the bandwidth/quality.

disneyplanet

TimeTrip said:
There are certainly ways to broadcast live. The biggest problem is the bandwidth and quality. I could drag along my notebook PC, hook a webcam/mic to it, then use my Sprint phone to connect it to the internet, and publish the dynamic ip address of the laptop. Tuck away the laptop and phone in a bag, and just shoot with the webcam. Ignoring legal issues, the biggest problem is the bandwidth/quality.

well I tried it recenly with my Old IBM laptop hook to my small video cam and a new GSM Edge card and got 115 - 132 kbs with out the new compresion software that is out. there a new mobile X-link program that give compressed faster speed, thats on GPRS. aslong as the local net can take the new EDGE protocals or 3G. bandwith is not realy a problem just GPRS net congestion (how many poeple are MMS-ing or Blackberry-ing in the same zone).

TimeTrip

disneyplanet said:
well I tried it recenly with my Old IBM laptop hook to my small video cam and a new GSM Edge card and got 115 - 132 kbs with out the new compresion software that is out. there a new mobile X-link program that give compressed faster speed, thats on GPRS. aslong as the local net can take the new EDGE protocals or 3G. bandwith is not realy a problem just GPRS net congestion (how many poeple are MMS-ing or Blackberry-ing in the same zone).
Bandwidth will quickly become a problem when you're trying to stream video to multiple connections from that one source though. Wouldn't you say?

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
wdwmagic said:

Oh well we can pretend that they are really live..which it technically will be but from the day before...that does make more sense...he'll just record a video like he always does and just let us watch it at the same time that they are really happening on July 4th. Brilliant idea!!:kiss:

hardcard

thats why you relay the video through another server..... think of it this way:

In park:

Laptop, GSM Edge card, web cam

Out of park:

Larger web/media server that the video is streamed TO, and the multiple clients connect TO.. so, the bandwidth load is on the middle-man server, not the host (laptop/webcam in park)..

TimeTrip

hardcard said:
thats why you relay the video through another server..... think of it this way:

In park:

Laptop, GSM Edge card, web cam

Out of park:

Larger web/media server that the video is streamed TO, and the multiple clients connect TO.. so, the bandwidth load is on the middle-man server, not the host (laptop/webcam in park)..

Well.. yeah.. but that goes beyond the average users setup (and it wasn't mentioned in your setup). :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
TimeTrip said:

Yes there are ways to do it in theory, but there is no way you are going to successfully deliver high resolution video via a GPRS (or other) cell phone link in a live scenario to 25,000 viewers. Live broadcasts are difficult to achieve using permanent leased lines, mains power, and weeks of setup and professional software. Imagine attempting to do that with no permanent power supply, a flakey cell phone connection, and being in the middle of 100,000 guests. Its just not remotely feasible.

The system you outlined might allow you to deliver a postage stamp size video to one user on the Internet, if you are very lucky.

TimeTrip

wdwmagic said:
Yes there are ways to do it in theory, but there is no way you are going to successfully deliver high resolution video via a GPRS (or other) cell phone link in a live scenario to 25,000 viewers. Live broadcasts are difficult to achieve using permanent leased lines, mains power, and weeks of setup and professional software. Imagine attempting to do that with no permanent power supply, a flakey cell phone connection, and being in the middle of 100,000 guests. Its just not remotely feasible.

The system you outlined might allow you to deliver a postage stamp size video to one user on the Internet, if you are very lucky.

I think we're pretty much saying the same thing. We were just differing on what "technically feasible" meant :)

Testtrack321

So, you guys going to post an update to the MK when you went this past Friday? What was up with the Birthday hat man?

How did I know? Oh, I'm good like that. ;)

BTW, your gf really is hot in person. Good catch. :)

MrNonacho

Premium Member
MissionSpaceFan said:
My question still has not been answered. Will that Picture be turned into Live Feed?

My guess is that it will be turned into a link that you click on for the video. That's how their past updates have been.

Now, a question for those of you who saw tonight's show: Did it look to you like Tinkerbell took a flash photograph during her flight? It sure looked like a camera flash to me, but I guess it could have been something reflecting off her outfit.

Also, what was the deal at the beginning? The Seven Seas Lagoon launch site fired some of its stuff before the show began in the park...

Dont really know how your gonna do this,and i dont really care how you are doing this. But it will be awesome. I hope the fireworks are awesome. They definetley will be better than what im gonna see. (fireworks are prohibited on campus). Im excited and hope im back there by 9. im sure i will be.

Happy Birthday Ryland.

TimeTrip

MrNonacho said:
My guess is that it will be turned into a link that you click on for the video. That's how their past updates have been.

Now, a question for those of you who saw tonight's show: Did it look to you like Tinkerbell took a flash photograph during her flight? It sure looked like a camera flash to me, but I guess it could have been something reflecting off her outfit.

I didn't notice a flash.. but i was at the train station, so I couldn't make out much

Also, what was the deal at the beginning? The Seven Seas Lagoon launch site fired some of its stuff before the show began in the park...

Same thing happened last year. Go figure :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom