Rumor WDW is considering a Universal-like Express Pass

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Then can give all of the previous DAS spots to LLPA and we would be in the same place we were in June...
That ship has sailed. LLMP came after the DAS changes so the LL available capacity today won’t increase if they added this too. Right now in the LLMP thread there are people complaining they cannot pre-book the rides they want. Unless they take even more capacity from standby (train wreck) it would be very unpopular to continue to charge people for LLMP with even less availability.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm sure there are. But 800-1000 a day for a family of 4 is insane to me and we don't even think about what things cost while at Disney. But would absolutely not pay that.
Yeah it’s a hard sell for families. If it’s a couple the cost drops to 400-500 and for an individual 200-250. That seems more palatable. I can’t see many people buying this for every day of a length of stay pass. Maybe people would splurge one day and attempt to get most rides in at several parks (if they allow hopping).

Jrb1979

That ship has sailed. LLMP came after the DAS changes so the LL available capacity today won’t increase if they added this too. Right now in the LLMP thread there are people complaining they cannot pre-book the rides they want. Unless they take even more capacity from standby (train wreck) it would be very unpopular to continue to charge people for LLMP with even less availability.
Shocking. Nobody saw that coming. 🙄. Funny how the same thing happened with FP+ but many didn't bat an eye. Now you have to pay for it and people are angered.

If they go to this system it might actually work. Guests will have to accept that standby is the norm.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Shocking. Nobody saw that coming. 🙄. Funny how the same thing happened with FP+ but many didn't bat an eye. Now you have to pay for it and people are angered.
Why wouldn’t that be the case? FP+ was free so even if you didn’t get exactly what you wanted it wasn’t a big loss. If you are now paying for a system and they make a change that decreases what’s available I think people have a right to be angered.

MrPromey

That would be a train wreck. This would have to be in place of LLMP not in addition to it. Maybe they keep individual paid LL around similar to Paris, but they would have to have a hard cap on capacity allocated.
It's only a train wreck for the people that don't choose to pony up.

... and perhaps a future management team that has to figure out how to lure back the formerly lifetime-loyal guests they turned off along with a generation of young adults that come from those people who didn't grow up with trips to Disney as a staple of their childhoods and therefore, have no affinity for 50 year old boat rides about pirates and 1964 World's Fair clones.*

*I know that sounds overly-dramatic but this is kind of a package thought for this along with a lot of other schemes current leadership has gone ahead with over the semi-recent years.

Last edited:

Mr. Sullivan

I'm sure there are. But 800-1000 a day for a family of 4 is insane to me and we don't even think about what things cost while at Disney. But would absolutely not pay that.
It is insane, but people do it at other parks and do it frequently. There's a very strange psychology when people take these big trips and it usually comes down they file any cost that gives them the perception of improving their trip as a justified/worthwhile cost. That's why Universal can charge $100+ for express and have no problem selling it. Marketing it as an improvement of the experience will 9 times out of 10 make someone view it as a justified spend.

Jrb1979

It is insane, but people do it at other parks and do it frequently. There's a very strange psychology when people take these big trips and it usually comes down they file any cost that gives them the perception of improving their trip as a justified/worthwhile cost. That's why Universal can charge $100+ for express and have no problem selling it. Marketing it as an improvement of the experience will 9 times out of 10 make someone view it as a justified spend.
I agree. IMO it comes down to mindset. Going all the way back to the original Fast pass, it's been engrained into the guests head that to enjoy the parks you need a skip the line pass.

If they implemented this system and scrapped LLMP, I think guests would eventually accept that waiting in standby is the norm.

Comped

Has anyone else beyond that one site said that this is possibly happening, especially credible sources? It just doesn't sound like something Disney should be doing at this point.

phillip9698

They would need to price that pass at 400 per person at a MINIMUM to not absolutely destroy the park experience for everyone else.

Anything less and people would just price it into their once in a lifetime trip budget, at least for the MK and then it wouldn't even be worth going anymore for yearly or more frequent visitors.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

They would need to price that pass at 400 per person at a MINIMUM to not absolutely destroy the park experience for everyone else.

Anything less and people would just price it into their once in a lifetime trip budget, at least for the MK and then it wouldn't even be worth going anymore for yearly or more frequent visitors.
I think you are right, a plaid is what $750 minimum and today's add ons are ~200 so a nice in between offering with the possibility of an "Unlimited" express pass for more

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People will do it for ONE day…which is problematic for the swamp

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom