Rumor WDW is considering a Universal-like Express Pass

Touchdown

Universal has an unlimited pass, but it also has a one time per ride pass

That pass starts at $90 and tops out at $290

IMG_6388.jpeg

Fido Chuckwagon

That pass starts at $90 and tops out at $290

View attachment 813566
Right. Does anyone really think Disney will come in cheaper than Universal for a nearly identical product? If Uni is charging $100 - $300 with tax, you better believe that WDW is going to be higher. I stand by the prediction of 10 times the LLMP price for any given day. At least. Since I think LLMP is probably going to cap out at $45 or $50 this Christmas for MK, I'd say the range of this new product would have to be $200 to $500 ($199 to $499 lol) per person per day. But you're only seeing that $199 on the lowest of low crowd days.

Touchdown

Right. Does anyone really think Disney will come in cheaper than Universal for a nearly identical product? If Uni is charging $100 - $300 with tax, you better believe that WDW is going to be higher. I stand by the prediction of 10 times the LLMP price for any given day. At least. Since I think LLMP is probably going to cap out at $45 or $50 this Christmas for MK, I'd say the range of this new product would have to be $200 to $500 ($199 to $499 lol) per person per day. But you're only seeing that $199 on the lowest of low crowd days.
I’ll go based on daily admission price and say the non castle will bottom out at $110, MK at $140. Max cost will be $480.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’ll go based on daily admission price and say the non castle will bottom out at $110, MK at $140. Max cost will be $480.
AK could be as low as $110. I doubt we see MK below $200 and any version that allows park hopping would likely be double that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
10X the LLMP price alone but it would include the rides on individual LL and VQ as well.

Purduevian

That would be a train wreck. This would have to be in place of LLMP not in addition to it. Maybe they keep individual paid LL around similar to Paris, but they would have to have a hard cap on capacity allocated.
Then can give all of the previous DAS spots to LLPA and we would be in the same place we were in June...

Some data from in the parks related to this.

We've been counting the number of guests getting in both the standby line and the Lightning Lane line, by minute, on various days at various attractions, for the past year. (So tens of thousands of guests per attraction overall.)

We're doing it to test a new way to predict actual wait times. It has the side effect of measuring Lightning Lane usage over time.

The data are preliminary.

But as an example, we see the ratio of Lightning Lane guests to Standby guests at Haunted Mansion has dropped significantly since the "DAS Switch" May 20

A year ago, on July 8, 2023, we counted 7 Lightning Lane guests for every 10 standby guests at Mansion. And on other days, that ratio was as high as 13 Lightning Lane guests for every 10 guests.

Prior to the DAS switch, we never saw less than 4 LL to 10 Standby at Mansion.

As a ballpark estimate, the "pre-DAS Switch" average ratio might have been 8 or 9 LL guests for every 10 Standby.

Post-DAs the ratio is closer to 2 LL to 10 Standby at Mansion.

That's a significant drop. I am reasonably confident that a look into the park's internal metrics would show a similar trend.

The practical impact of that is that guests who don't pay for Lightning Lane are seeing significantly shorter waits in line.
And I think that's a good thing.

I haven't done the numbers, but I would have a whole bunch of questions if it was proposed that the drop in LL usage was entirely due to guests with legitimate DAS needs being denied DAS, and thus not going to the parks.

For one thing, that'd be 70% of the Lightning Lane usage and 25% of the entire ride's usage. And keep in mind, people are still getting DAS. So that's a large number to accept otherwise.
Not saying this is ethical, but in theory we know the park can run with 4x the people in the LL for HM.

Disneydad1012

That would be a train wreck. This would have to be in place of LLMP not in addition to it. Maybe they keep individual paid LL around similar to Paris, but they would have to have a hard cap on capacity allocated.
I can't imagine enough people would pay 10x or even higher than LLMP for this while Disney makes just as much revenue if they got rid of the current LMPP system. Who the hell would be dumb enough to spend $200 bucks to skip the lines at Epcot once?

This would have to be an add on to the current system and I agree would be terrible for regular standby.

Last edited:

Touchdown

I can't imagine enough people would pay 10x or even higher than LLMP for this while Disney makes just as much revenue if they got rid of the current LMPP system. Who the hell would be dumb enough to spend $200 bucks to skip the lines at Epcot once?

This would have to be an add on to the current system and I agree would be terrible for regular standby.
There are people who go who don’t think that’s a big expense. I don’t think I would be one of those people, but there are enough out there. If you price it at 10x the cost of multi lane you just need 1 out of 10 people who bought multi lane to buy it, I like those odds.

Disneydad1012

There are people who go who don’t think that’s a big expense. I don’t think I would be one of those people, but there are enough out there. If you price it at 10x the cost of multi lane you just need 1 out of 10 people who bought multi lane to buy it, I like those odds.
I'm sure there are. But 800-1000 a day for a family of 4 is insane to me and we don't even think about what things cost while at Disney. But would absolutely not pay that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom